• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm feeling a character reveal here soon. Yes yes, I know Sakurai's unpredictable, and it probably has to do with VGX coming up, but I just feel it in my gut. It's time for another veteran at least.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If not tonight then i could see a reveal on the 13th mabe. Would also be nice to see some one revealed on saturday.
Thats iffy i mean sakurai does not do updates on weekends unless there are special trailers for games in 2014 and if smash bros 4 is one BINGO and on the rumor page a rumor for the mii reveal at VGX

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I could see there being a Tropical Freeze-related announcement at VGX (being Cranky as the fourth Kong), and then revealing Diddy as the next newcomer, saving Dixie as a newcomer reveal tied to a direct held close to Tropical Freeze's release.

I said this in another thread, but I'll say it here too.

I don't care if we don't get any new reveals.

I will be perfectly happy with gameplay. Just some solid, polished, straight-up gameplay.

I'd be with you if the last reveals weren't so...lacking. Don't read into that too much; I liked all of the character that were shown, but in terms of hype they didn't really get everyone excited and leave us wondering how they play and what they mean for the rest of the game. I want a newcomer to shake things up, like maybe a Metroid character. Ridley would be great, but someone who isn't Ridley would be interesting too. What does this mean for Ridley? Or a Mario character. What will the characters moveset be? What does the character represent for the series? What does this mean for the other Mario characters everyone wants?
Mega man is great, but most of his moveset was shown, and he's not really taking anyone out of the running. Same with Villager, he represents his franchise well and there isn't some other village managing Nintendo game that might be in jeopardy because of his inclusion. And Miss Fit doesn't really bring anything to the table in terms of discussion unless you know a lot about yoga and how it can be implemented as a moveset. Again, I like the characters shown, but in terms of discussion and hype they don't really spur anything.

Basically, I want a character that sends us into a tizzy; makes us excited and speculative.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I'd be with you if the last reveals weren't so...lacking. Don't read into that too much; I liked all of the character that were shown, but in terms of hype they didn't really get everyone excited and leave us wondering how they play and what they mean for the rest of the game. I want a newcomer to shake things up, like maybe a Metroid character. Ridley would be great, but someone who isn't Ridley would be interesting too. What does this mean for Ridley? Or a Mario character. What will the characters moveset be? What does the character represent for the series? What does this mean for the other Mario characters everyone wants?
Mega man is great, but most of his moveset was shown, and he's not really taking anyone out of the running. Same with Villager, he represents his franchise well and there isn't some other village managing Nintendo game that might be in jeopardy because of his inclusion. And Miss Fit doesn't really bring anything to the table in terms of discussion unless you know a lot about yoga and how it can be implemented as a moveset. Again, I like the characters shown, but in terms of discussion and hype they don't really spur anything.

Basically, I want a character that sends us into a tizzy; makes us excited and speculative.
I completely understand what you mean. Right now I'm still leaning towards "Yeah Smash is coming! It's gonna be awesome!" But I haven't had a genuine reason to feel like "OMG I absolutely cannot wait for Smash to come out!!!"

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
So, who's ready for the pic tonight? Do you guys think it won't be all that special, and instead we'll get our fair share of hype at the VGX?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm trying to stay under hyped in case that's not...the case. But I honestly hope so. A new stage, or just something stupid, revealing something more meaty at VGX tomorrow.

Trying not to be too hype though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, who's ready for the pic tonight? Do you guys think it won't be all that special, and instead we'll get our fair share of hype at the VGX?
I'm snowed in at my place and it's so bad here that my classes and even my work shifts were cancelled for tomorrow so, yeah, I'm ready. I'm predicting a filler update just on the offbeat chance that VGX does reveal something noteworthy.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I'm snowed in at my place and it's so bad here that my classes and even my work shifts were cancelled for tomorrow so, yeah, I'm ready. I'm predicting a filler update just on the offbeat chance that VGX does reveal something noteworthy.
That's funny, same thing is happening where I live. I actually had classes today but my campus closed early because people were crashing all over the place lol. I love the snow :grin:

But yeah, we'll probably get a filler if they're doing a VGX thing. Although what about if there was a character reveal tonight? Would you not expect anything at the VGX if that happened?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I honestly wouldn't. A character reveal two days in a row is just too far fetched to expect if you ask me. It's not "impossible", but I'd say its pretty damn unlikely.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That's funny, same thing is happening where I live. I actually had classes today but my campus closed early because people were crashing all over the place lol. I love the snow :grin:

But yeah, we'll probably get a filler if they're doing a VGX thing. Although what about if there was a character reveal tonight? Would you not expect anything at the VGX if that happened?
I love snow too! Although I've only ever experienced it once, not many places snow in Australia.

If there was a character reveal tonight, I wouldn't expect to see much of Smash at VGX. But then again I'm trying to not expect it at VGX anyway.

I honestly wouldn't. A character reveal two days in a row is just too far fetched to expect if you ask me. It's not "impossible", but I'd say its pretty damn unlikely.
What if at the VGX they just showed more of that character?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
**** YES, THAT RIGGED SMASH POLL DIDN'T WORK!! SUCK ON THAT, ROGERDILUIGI!!

For those of you who can't see the pic yet, Skull Kid was just confirmed as an Assist Trophy, and, as Sakurai takes time to repeat in the caption, NOT a playable character.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's true they could do that. I really wouldn't expect them to just go into the specifics about a character at VGX, rather than build hype by showing their trailer. (Sakurai's said all new characters will have CG trailers)

It's one of those things. Why show the character now when you've got a big event to get everybody fired up?

I'm not actually sure what I'm expecting at this point. I just don't want them to curveball us with Wii Music U.

Edit: Uhhhh...Bkupps you doin ok?

Well, it wasn't a playable character that's for sure.

And Majora's Mask wasn't ****ing ignored! Yay? Some part of me is a little bit dissapointed, and yet pleased at the same time. Huh.

Oh my god I just double-posted. What the hell is wrong with me?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
omg I'm so happy Skull Kid's finally got a role bigger than a ****ing sticker. He didn't even get a trophy, not post-MM, not post-TP. Finally. ^_^

Oh and obviously he was never going to be a character, but I'm psyched that he's actually an AT. I didn't even have hopes for that.

:grin::grin::grin:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Just in case anyone thinks otherwise, I empathize with you Skull Kid fans and agree he would have been a cool character. I'm not celebrating his exclusion, moreso that his exclusion signifies that this massive, awful, massively awful and awfully massive Smash poll isn't being heeded by Sakurai. This is the same poll in which Dunsparce made it to the final round and the host, RogerDiLuigi, stopped using preventative measures against bot-voting, claiming that "bot voters care more about their character than regular voters, so I'll let them be," essentially locking Skull Kid into an unwarranted win. And now, none of that matters!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Oh my god this is amazing! I had hoped he might have been playable, however, him being in the game as an assist trophy is awesome. I'm so glad he is here! I hope that he summons the moon to come crashing down on the stage!! This is so exciting! He looks incredible too!!

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
For some reason I'm excited for tonights pic. Probably nothing too exciting tho.

Edit: Oh, the image is up. Skull kid as an AT eh? Nice. I wonder what he does.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Just in case anyone thinks otherwise, I empathize with you Skull Kid fans and agree he would have been a cool character. I'm not celebrating his exclusion, moreso that his exclusion signifies that this massive, awful, massively awful and awfully massive Smash poll isn't being heeded by Sakurai. This is the same poll in which Dunsparce made it to the final round and the host, RogerDiLuigi, stopped using preventative measures against bot-voting, claiming that "bot voters care more about their character than regular voters, so I'll let them be," essentially locking Skull Kid into an unwarranted win. And now, none of that matters!
Hey, if nothing else, I guarantee his already-strong support for Project M inclusion is going to skyrocket, so no problems there.

Any links to this "poll"? I'm glad to know Sakurai's using good judgement here (I hope) and I really hope this reflects positively on characters who's popularity is a real factor.

That said, I'm keeping my hopes at a moderate level.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I was kinda hoping he'd be playable, maybe with the Skull mask instead of being possesed by Majora's Mask. I guess an AT trophy version will do.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I'm not a fan of items play, but I have to notice his nice new model. It really does look about as good as a character's model (compare to something like Isaac's rather lacking Brawl model). This means either there's a Majora's Mask remake being made or they're going to be putting more work into making 3d models for non-PCs this time, the latter of which would be doubly interesting given all the re-used assets we see in stages.

Of course, I also have to wonder what he's actually doing. I mean, I've seen him take that pose before, and two ocarina songs aside, it tended to lead to quite the bad outcome.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Edit: Oh, the image is up. Skull kid as an AT eh? Nice. I wonder what he does.
If he doesn't bring down the moon, then what's even the point? He better. And he probably will.

Plus good to know the AT gates have opened and we might get some more deconfirmations soon(ish). Unless they deconfirm characters I actually expected and wanted. Which they definitely will. :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

At first, I thought you guys were posting another fake pic.

But this is real.

Interesting. So a confirmation of Assists and a new one at that.
And unlike before, it seems Assists don't look like **** in comparison to the playable cast.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Awesome! I'm a big Majora's Mask fan and this is more exposure than I EVER expected Skull Kid to get. Also really cool seeing Skull Kid with Wii U graphics and the Smash 4 art style.

Also also I'm really glad assist trophies have returned. I know a lot of people don't like them but I love them. Also also also if characters as minor as Skull Kid have been promoted to AT status there might be more newcomers than I thought, although that's reaching a bit.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
OH snap assist trophies are being confirmed, looks like some hopes will be dashed tonight.

Also I dislike assists but there's nothing i can do, they're confirmed.

Also it feels like Zelda wii U will be MM related with all these references.... cool.

Anyways i'm hyped that now were getting some good updates, should be an interesting weekend.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-finals/

The poll. In retrospect, it looks as though Mega Man got bot-spammed as well, given the massive distance between him and the next closest, Ridley. Skull Kid and Dunsparce got the brunt of it in earlier rounds, though, with the on-and-off bot-voting of Ridley and K. Rool as well so as to distract from the bot-voting of the other two.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Skull Kid looks incredibly good. The quality has jumped for assist trophies since Brawl. Very good, in Brawl they stood out too much from the rest of the characters, they seemed out of place. If tomorrow we get a new character reveal this week has been probably the best since June.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom