• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I bet he's going to scream and summon a "moon" that takes up half of the screen to slowly make its way downwards.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
funnysmash.png

Wow, the Wii U graphics have changed a lot.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Untitled-1.png

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

THE MOON IS FALLING! (I hope)

Man, I'm not even mad that he isn't playable. I'm just glad to see him in Smash nonetheless.
Glad that Sakurai's trying to make things clear about Assist Trophy pics.

-----

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
If he doesn't bring down the moon, then what's even the point? He better. And he probably will.

Plus good to know the AT gates have opened and we might get some more deconfirmations soon(ish). Unless they deconfirm characters I actually expected and wanted. Which they definitely will. :rolleyes:
Yeah I honestly think it's most likely that he drops the moon on people. Which would be fantastic.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
The moon is pretty freakin' huge. How would that work?

Yet I can't remember anything else the Skull Kid did in MM that would make him do something other than bringing down the moon.

Hmm

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
It's always nice to see Majora's Mask get more love and Skull Kid really helps that. I also hope the moon plays a part in its use, or at least calling down some form of doom on the playable characters.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Nah its just they kinda deconfirm characters that could have been playable. That's why I never liked the idea.

Like Isaac in brawl.
It sucked when they deconfirmed Metroid, Helirin and Nintendog

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So is this the first 100% definitive deconfirmation of a character with some level of support or am I forgetting somebody?

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
My god this week was fantastic.

Monday - New move for Villager.
Tuesday - A new boss character/stage hazard and potentially a new stage.
Wednesday - A genuinely nice looking pic.
Thursday - New info on one of Villager's most interesting moves that we knew nothing about prior.
Friday - SKULLKID. Sure he's an assist trophy BUT FRIGGEN SKULLKID. YOU'VE MET WITH A TERRIBLE FATE HAVEN'T YOU? Oh, and a confirmation on Assist Trophies.

Best week ever. Take me now December.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-finals/

The poll. In retrospect, it looks as though Mega Man got bot-spammed as well, given the massive distance between him and the next closest, Ridley. Skull Kid and Dunsparce got the brunt of it in earlier rounds, though, with the on-and-off bot-voting of Ridley and K. Rool as well so as to distract from the bot-voting of the other two.

I'm glad Mega Man's popularity was rampant in other places, or I'd be bothered. K. Rool did excellent, considering the obvious problems this poll had. Top 6 isn't terrible. Without Girahim and SK (who suffer from one-time villain syndrome), he'd be top 4.

Pretty awful poll though. SK's voted, while he's awesome, are unbelievable.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
JESUS CHRIST, Skull Kid looks so awesome. If they have newcomers at VGX I'm afraid I'll meet with a terrible fate before I can play this game :crying:.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nah its just they kinda deconfirm characters that could have been playable. That's why I never liked the idea.

Like Isaac in brawl.
Well you do realize it's not like those characters would've been playable if not for becoming an AT, right? They were never going to be playable, and making them an AT is still better than being relegating to a trophy, sticker, or nothing.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
It sucked when they deconfirmed Metroid, Helirin and Nintendog
You know what I mean, I feel sorry for the toad and skull kid fans who wanted him playable, assist should be obscure characters like the ones you posted, not ones that had some playable potential, now people outside of the boards are saying were gonna get tingle as a PC..... lol.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So, franchises usually average about one assist trophy rep so that could potentially mean... oh dear god... don't you do it Sakurai... do you DARE do it...

OHHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOOOOD!!!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I almost jumped for a second there. Skull Kid looks great though, just makes me want a Majora's Mask remake much more. Oh, and isn't this the first AT we see?

Just a good picture all around.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well you do realize it's not like those characters would've been playable if not for becoming an AT, right? They were never going to be playable, and making them an AT is still better than being relegating to a trophy, sticker, or nothing.
That's just as much of an assumption as the opposite. You don't know that. XD

There's no definitive proof of either, so it all comes down to whatever it is you believe or what feels more strongly implied.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And so December starts strong. May the holidays bless us with more new goodies.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
The moon is pretty freakin' huge. How would that work?

Yet I can't remember anything else the Skull Kid did in MM that would make him do something other than bringing down the moon.

Hmm
Simple, they just have to Ridley the moon.
...I mean resize the moon.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Looking back on the last page, the Skull Kid pic was apparently revealed around 20 minutes before the SSB4 site updated.
Miiverse privileges, I suppose. Sucks that you need a WiiU in order to view stuff on there.

-----

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Skull Kid's model looks amazing!

How is he gonna work?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
And so December starts strong. May the holidays bless us with more new goodies.
I'd say it's less of it starting strong and more of the first week ending strongly.

The rest of this week was incredibly "meh".

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
This makes me wonder who will be the new characters as assist trophies? What AT's didn't make it back? What AT's return? What AT's from Brawl actually became playable characters?

Food for thought over the weekend. Pretty good week in terms of updates. Here's hoping for a new trailer and announcements for the game at Reggie's VGX.

So, franchises usually average about one assist trophy rep so that could potentially mean... oh dear god... don't you do it Sakurai... don't you DARE do it...

Smash fans don't like to talk about it, but Tingle is a very real possibility. He has plenty of moveset potential, is popular for better or worse, has a presence in smash itself, and has two full games under his belt. He's not likely, but him showing up as playable wouldn't be the least bit surprising.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
OH MY GOD SKULL KID!!!!

On a lesser note, since this update isn't of Luigi's nose, we probably won't get anything at VGX. I mean Skull Kid is a HUGE update.

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Guessing this means Skull Kid replaces Tingle in the Zelda Assists List.

I actually love the Assist Trophies. They're unique. Looking forward to see more announcements.

Wish this means that we could be getting a Majora's Mask HD/3D remake.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
You know what I mean, I feel sorry for the toad and skull kid fans who wanted him playable, assist should be obscure characters like the ones you posted, not ones that had some playable potential, now people outside of the boards are saying were gonna get tingle as a PC..... lol.
Tingle already had a perfect role in smash. He was one of the most fun stage objects in Melee, and I'm pretty sure I lost a few games back in the day by trying to acquaint him with the bottom of the sea instead of defending myself against my opponent.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
My god this week was fantastic.

Monday - New move for villager.
Tuesday - A new boss character/stage hazard and potentially a new stage.
Wednesday - A genuinely nice looking pic.
Thursday - New info on one of Villager's most interesting moves that we knew nothing about prior.
Friday - SKULLKID. Sure he's an assist trophy BUT FRIGGEN SKULLKID. YOU'VE MET WITH A TERRIBLE FATE HAVEN'T YOU? Oh, and a confirmation on Assist Trophies.

Best week ever. Take me now December.

Yeah, I was hesitant to say it earlier this week but there's no way Sakurai can troll it now. This week has beena amazing. Everything has been , well,

smashing.

Except Smashboards .... but I digress.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So, franchises usually average about one assist trophy rep so that could potentially mean... oh dear god... don't you do it Sakurai... don't you DARE do it...

Either that or Sakurai figures by the second game with ATs the third biggest Nintendo series in Smash deserves more than one. I mean Mario got like what, three last time?

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I totally freaked when I first saw the image because I thought he was revealed as a new fighter.

I wonder what he does as an assist trophy? Seal an ugly mask to your face? Make the moon fall?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Smash fans don't like to talk about it, but Tingle is a very real possibility. He has plenty of moveset potential, is popular for better or worse, has a presence in smash itself, and has two full games under his belt. He's not likely, but him showing up as playable wouldn't be the least bit surprising.
I understand this but I can't imagine the piss fit that will be thrown if he is playable. Like Waluigi, he's a character that I absolutely couldn't stand thinking about in Brawl but wouldn't mind seeing him playable in SSB4.

D

Deleted member

@Fatmanonice:
I find this to be acceptable.

Though really, we'll probably have Tingle as an Assist again as well.
There's no rule that a series can't have more than one Assist (Mario has 3 and Metroid originally had 2).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom