• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
That's just as much of an assumption as the opposite. You don't know that. XD

There's no definitive proof of either, so it all comes down to whatever it is you believe or what feels more strongly implied.
Not all assumptions are equal. It's a very reasonable assumption that the AT trophies were never going to be characters when the lists of planned characters are apparently finalized before development even starts and there are several characters on the disk that weren't even finished. So they had a list of characters to add and they didn't even make it to the end of it. Do you think that they originally thought for instance Isaac was a more important playable character to have then Mewtwo(or rather, more important than Wolf) but they just cut Isaac off the character list because they wanted to make an AT of him?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Tingle already had a perfect role in smash. He was one of the most fun stage objects in Melee, and I'm pretty sure I lost a few games back in the day by trying to acquaint him with the bottom of the sea instead of defending myself against my opponent.
Yeah that melee balloon popping was fun, but yeah people on ign and other sites are jumping to conclusions saying that tingle is gonna be the next zelda playable character. Sakurai better not.......

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay, so I'll just call it right now, we're eventually going to get a pic of nothing but The Moon crowding the screen and glaring out at us. And it will scare the piss out of us when it happens.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Skull Kid will shout his signature scream, unfurl from a fetus like position, and summon rocks that fall from the sky. Then, at the very end, he summons the Moon that will fall in the center of the stage, obliterating everything in its path.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Not all assumptions are equal. It's a very reasonable assumption that the AT trophies were never going to be characters when the lists of planned characters are apparently finalized before development even starts and there are several characters on the disk that weren't even finished. So they had a list of characters to add and they didn't even make it to the end of it. Do you think that they originally thought for instance Isaac was a more important playable character to have then Mewtwo(or rather, more important than Wolf) but they just cut Isaac off the character list because they wanted to make an AT of him?
Do I think so? I dunno, I don't care. XD

Somebody else might, though. If that's what they feel, let them while you feel the opposite. I see no issue in either one being a possibility since in the end, there is no definitive and concrete answer or evidence to support either claims. They're both equally single-minded. Nothing more than pointless speculation. ¦D

Why fight over what someone else wants to speculate? Neither one of you is really right in the end anyway. ¦3

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Could you imagine if this is all he did?

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Okay, so I'll just call it right now, we're eventually going to get a pic of nothing but The Moon crowding the screen and glaring out at us. And it will scare the piss out of us when it happens.
It would be even funnier if it was on the Mario Galaxy stage and the moon was face to face with Starship Mario. Oh, the situations that will happen in this game. :awesome:

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
So I'm pretty bootyhurt haha...I'm so glad I found out from this forum instead of the Dojo...I wanted him to be a playable character so bad, moon falling final smash doe !

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I wanted him playable, but he wasn't one of my most wanted characters thankfully.

I understand this but I can't imagine the piss fit that will be thrown if he is playable. Like Waluigi, he's a character that I absolutely couldn't stand thinking about in Brawl but wouldn't mind seeing him playable in SSB4.

I always wanted him in as a joke. I've never had a problem with him and everyone else hates him. He's the perfect character to use online. But after watching videos of his game online he does have some unique moveset potential. I'd go so far as to say Smash fans would warm up to him if his moveset was good enough, which it has potential to be.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You all better start bracing yourself for deconfirmations of characters people actually expected to see playable and the accompanying rage and/or tears. What a wonderful stage of speculation we've just entered. :smirk:

Do I think so? I dunno, I don't care. XD

Somebody else might, though. If that's what they feel, let them while you feel the opposite. I see no issue in either one being a possibility since in the end, there is no definitive and concrete answer or evidence to support either claims. They're both equally single-minded. Nothing more than pointless speculation. ¦D

Why fight over what someone else wants to speculate? Neither one of you is really right in the end anyway. ¦3
Just because conclusive proof isn't available doesn't mean all assumptions are of equal viability.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It wouldn't, it would just be a lot less desirable than other, more popularly agreed upon characters that are actually excellent choices.

Granted, Tingle could be the most fun character ever, but...y'know how it goes.

Right now I'm actually feeling bad for the Skull Kid fanbase, because if it had been K. Rool or Little Mac, I'd either be sobbing or raising hell.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I can't decide what I'd rather see. The Moon is so cool and iconic, plus having it slowly loom in the background before taking out half the stage would be terrifying and awesome. On the other hand, I kinda hope to see Skull Kid turn into Majora's Wrath and go skitz. A HD version of this would be so bada**:

Majora__s_Wrath___Colored_by_CaptScott.png

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Right now I'm actually feeling bad for the Skull Kid fanbase, because if it had been K. Rool or Little Mac, I'd either be sobbing or raising hell.
If it'd been K. Rool or Little Mac, the site would be down by now. :smirk:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just realized: if Skull Kid really drops the moon, then doesn't that mean...

This deconfirms Great Bay as a returning stage?!
No. They could just cut the background animation if that happened.
Skull Kid seems to only make Great Bay more likely to return, unless another MM location was chosen, like Clock Town.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Just because conclusive proof isn't available doesn't mean all assumptions are of equal viability.
Actually, yes it does. Saying otherwise just makes you sound like you're way too entitled to your opinion and assumption.

You may not believe the other one isn't as likely as what you think, but that's just what you think. Even if others agree with you, that doesn't make it any more or less likely. It's still just as equally pointless speculation.

Thinking otherwise is absolutely silly and close-minded. This is Smash we're talking about. There isn't much that isn't likely considering who is the head of this thing. XD

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Found this on Reddit. We all want to believe, don't we? Skullkid for Smash 5.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
@BeatNinja
Seeing as Sakurai considers the Wii U and 3DS games to be Smash 4 AND 5, we'll have to wait for Smash 6.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So, franchises usually average about one assist trophy rep so that could potentially mean... oh dear god... don't you do it Sakurai... don't you DARE do it...

This was my first thought too...but you can't really judge a precedent based on one game.

Besides it's not hard to imagine popular franchises would get more than one assist trophy. Heck the pokemon series has had dozens of "assist trophies" ever since the first smash Bros.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
If Mii gets revealed in a Nintendo Direct this month, then according to the Reddit leak, Little Mac stays an Assist Trophy. Pray that doesn't happen.
What's this crap and where can I find this leak? I really don't feel like fits of sobs this month, to be honest.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
@BeatNinja
Seeing as Sakurai considers the Wii U and 3DS games to be Smash 4 AND 5, we'll have to wait for Smash 6.
Thank you! So glad to see someone else who remembers him stating that in an article aside from myself for once. Even when I show people the article, they just go like "hurr durr just cause he said it doesn't mean he meant it". Granted, since this is Sakurai, that's the case for a lot of things, but still. -~-

Also, considering Skull Kid is probably about the drop the moon, I find it kinda hilarious that it looks like he's gathering energy for the Spirit Bomb. ¦D

D

Deleted member

You all better start bracing yourself for deconfirmations of characters people actually expected to see playable and the accompanying rage and/or tears. What a wonderful stage of speculation we've just entered. :smirk:

He's in so I'm ready for anything this game throws at me.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Don't see why any genuine flesh and blood human would of expected Skull Kid to be on the roster considering how low key the character is. So to see some people actually surprised by this to be baffling. Keep in mind Assist Trophies are normally built around giving minor characters some sort of extensive role, so seeing Skull Kid in this role makes sense.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If Mii gets revealed in a Nintendo Direct this month, then according to the Reddit leak, Little Mac stays an Assist Trophy. Pray that doesn't happen.
That depends on if the rest of the leak is true too. Mii have been in multiple rumors by now, so on the subject of Mii one rumor doesn't confirm another one since Mii is such a typical subject for fake leaks.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah same here, I've already got my Brawl main back. :toonlink:
So I'm pretty much content already, all I'm really hoping for is the confirmation of :mewtwopm: and (by some miracle)
and I can't see either of those two becomming assist trophies (or Pokeball Pokemon in Mewtwo's case) so Assist Trophies aren't really a huge concern for me. (I mean yeah characters like Lyn, Anna, Palutena, Lip etc do have a chance of becomming an assist trophy and Zoroark a Pokeball Pokemon so...) And if worst comes to worse, there is always Villager and Ness too.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
First the Toad supporters fell, and now the Skull Kid supporters.

Well guys, it's time. The deconfirmations are coming.

Grab your britches. This is going to be one bumpy ride.
Considering this is the start of Assist Trophy confirmations, a lot of support threads will meet with a terrible fate indeed.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
i REALLY can't wait for ridley to be confirmed as a stage hazard/assist trophy, that way all the ridley supporters can finally shut their faces for a few years :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom