• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah. Sakurai's just likes ****.

Just like every horny asshole in this thread. I guess I'm no exception.

ChickenWing13

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Frosty93
I wonder if he pushed back a character reveal in order to upload more Marth pics. Wouldn't be surprised. After all, Sakurai does kinda look like Marth. Just throw on a blue cape and a sword.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
OKAY I'M BACK. Sorry, my computer was being dumb, and wouldn't let me edit or post, so I was restricted to using my phone to post on the site for the last week or so. I figured out to bypass my idiotic PC's (I miss my Mac) mind by opening things in new tabs and stuff. I updated for today's picture, and a big thanks to Krynxe for updating while I was broken!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Uh oh, those last few pages are bound to summon a certain green demon of temptation soon.

By the way, the ******* on Miverse are jumping to conclusions on Chrom appearing soon because of that image alone.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
ALL I WANT TO KNOW IS WHAT SAKURAI WROTE ON THE MIIVERSE!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I feel like this update further pushes the idea that a lot of stages will have different phases and I'm not just referring to changes that happen in battle. I think we might see a couple of stages that look different each time you fight on them and cycle through 2 or 3 different potential settings.

ChickenWing13

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Frosty93
I feel like this update further pushes the idea that a lot of stages will have different phases and I'm not just referring to changes that happen in battle. I think we might see a couple of stages that look different each time you fight on them and cycle through 2 or 3 different potential settings.
Such as Mushroomy Kingdom stage? If so that would be a very nice touch! It does get pretty boring playing on the same stage, even when it is you're favorite.

I also think they should change up the way BGM works. Instead of having to set the chances of it showing up you should just be able to choose it before starting the match.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
You just- OH! That Miiverse pic! And now time for the big reveal! Familiar faces! Sakurai says!
That ain't Marth! THAT AIN'T MARTH!

OH! OOH!! OH! OOOOOOOOHHHH!!!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!! OOOOHHHH!!!! OH MY GOD!!! OH MAH GAWD!!!! OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

DONNEL CONFIRMED! DONNEL CONFIRMED!!!!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
You just- OH! That Miiverse pic! And now time for the big reveal! Familiar faces! Sakurai says!
That ain't Marth! THAT AIN'T MARTH!

OH! OOH!! OH! OOOOOOOOHHHH!!!!! AAAAHHHHHH!!!! OOOOHHHH!!!! OH MY GOD!!! OH MAH GAWD!!!! OOOOOOHHHHHHH!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

DONNEL CONFIRMED! DONNEL CONFIRMED!!!!

I wish I could give this more likes, loved the wombo combo ref XD

Wow a mod just edited my edit..... lol nice :p

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
I was expecting the handheld smash bros to look like super smash flash or super smash bros crusade. Trying to put pre rendered 3D models into the 3DS looks really bad in the screenshots. However, like the gamecube, the 3DS has a slight blurring effect that makes the games look really good on the actual device. Compare the screenshots of Pokemon X/Y to the actual game. I couldn't believe how beautiful the game looked when I saw my friends playing it.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Can we stop arguing for one second? What does it say on the Miiverse?
Who's arguing? To me, it looks like friendly conversation. Why do people assume that all off-topic conversations are flame wars?

Remember what I said an hour or two hours ago? About this thread?

Um... Never mind.

I guess I blame Sakurai's massive abuse of Wii Fit Trainer (Still not attracted by that manikin -_-).
"manikin"......dat grammar....

"manikin"......dat grammar....

man·i·kin

[man-i-kin] Show IPA
noun
a little man; dwarf; pygmy.
mannequin.
a model of the human body for teaching anatomy, demonstratingsurgical operations, etc.
man·ne·quin

[man-i-kin] Show IPA
noun
a styled and three-dimensional representation of the human formused in window displays, as of clothing; dummy.

a wooden figure or model of the human figure used by tailors,dress designers, etc., for fitting or making clothes.

a person employed to wear clothing to be photographed or to bedisplayed before customers, buyers, etc.; a clothes model.

lay figure ( def 1 ) .

Also, manikin.

majora_787

Smash Hero
This place got messy when I left.

Well, I like the new Arena Ferox setup. IMO, the second part was the best part of Castle Siege.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I liked the first part. The background and ambiance stayed truest with the actual name (as in the only part that actually WAS a Castle Siege. huehue) and was pretty detailed considering the interactions in the back didn't effect gameplay whatsoever, and only lasted a brief time (shortest of the 3 segments, or at least it always felt to me). I get the same vibes from the new Kid Icarus stage.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I liked the first part. The background and ambiance stayed truest with the actual name (as in the only part that actually WAS a Castle Siege. huehue) and was pretty detailed considering the interactions in the back didn't effect gameplay whatsoever, and only lasted a brief time (shortest of the 3 segments, or at least it always felt to me). I get the same vibes from the new Kid Icarus stage.
Yeah, the armies fighting and the Reset Bomb going off in the background is going to be fantastic.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So it seems that Arena Ferox will feature changes during battle. I wonder how exactly will they work, though.

Judging by Sakurai's comment, it's safe to say that the human statues are an allusion to Castle Siege, which isn't exactly a bad thing.

And here's a comparison between both layouts shown so far. It seems that it's not just the platforms that change: the props in the background are different too. It makes me more curious about how this will be handled. I'm thinking something like Pokémon Stadium. It isn't clear if the statues can be broken or not either.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
What if it's like Mushroomy Kingdom and there's a chance it's different every time you pick the stage?

I'm not seeing how the stage will "transform" to have statues appear on it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What if it's like Mushroomy Kingdom and there's a chance it's different every time you pick the stage?

I'm not seeing how the stage will "transform" to have statues appear on it.
I also thought on that possibility, even though I didn't mention it. It's a valid hypothesis, considering there's nothing that indicates how the stage might change.

Guess it's something to look forward to find out.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Another hypothesis is that the stage has the statues initially, then once they are broken (or maybe they are destroyed after a set time limit) the other obstacles are "set up."

Or maybe the statues are just there to look nice and we're just looking into things too deep, as usual.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Another hypothesis is that the stage has the statues initially, then once they are broken (or maybe they are destroyed after a set time limit) the other obstacles are "set up."

Or maybe the statues are just there to look nice and we're just looking into things too deep, as usual.
What is certain is that the stage does have multiple layouts. How will they work is the unknown factor.

We'll have to wait until there's more gameplay footage or, at worst, when the game is released to find out.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Marth's side-b looks way bigger than it did in previous games.
Unless that's the 4th hit, which it might be.

Please stop coming to this thread and implying everyone is inferior to you. We don't care.
Because I said some of the things being said in this thread are questionable?
Please take your inferiority complex somewhere else. Bother me against and I will start reporting you for harassment.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I believe it's Ferox Arena getting touched up, and isn't an alternate version or a transformation at all. And honestly that's a good deal more interesting than what I expect from Pics of the Day or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom