• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Also wow, today's only saturday. Sunday probably won't be much better for being on-topic will it. :p
You make me feel weird seeing Sunday is half over for me.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You make me feel weird seeing Sunday is half over for me.
Well I'm pretty used to making people feel we-

Oh. That's... not what you meant? Never mind then....

But yeah no, 8pm on a saturday night and it feels slow and uneventful all over the internet. :p Protom's paper art has been exponentially the most exciting thing all day anywhere for any reason.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Well I'm pretty used to making people feel we-

Oh. That's... not what you meant? Never mind then....

But yeah no, 8pm on a saturday night and it feels slow and uneventful all over the internet. :p Protom's paper art has been exponentially the most exciting thing all day anywhere for any reason.
Thank you.

I never however see the pic right when Sawcury uploads it, since its 2am then, and I need to be up at 6:30. However, it's fun scrolling through pages of dissapointments reactions when I do wake up.:awesome:

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's only 1am for me. I just see if it happens around then and then shove off to bed. Because why not. And then I come back to several pages of... whatever happens. Mysteries. Surprises. Or most likely and most importantly, despair.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I don't know. This month I've only actually been unhappy with Sit-achu and Luigi sniffing Marth's neck.
This month I've only been happy with the reveal of Marth and SMG stage. Everything else was of no importance.

Lol Forgot the troll pic of Toad. That put a smile on my face as well.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Skimming over November...

- A bit of Pit as well as another look at the boxing ring stage I never mind seeing.
- A couple of shots of Pyrosphere that also contained a hint at changes to Olimar OR just a new item, as well as information on how the game is being balanced.
- A 3 in 1 that showed a bit better how Villager's tree might work in his moveset.
- Marth's reveal, and his very fancy FE11/12 redesign.
- More Pilotwings, and a relatively recent change to capsules that in and of itself is interesting, but opens up new doors for other changes.
- More about characters' attack effects. I actually like this part of Smash 4 a lot, so.
- More insight into Villager's moveset with his net grab.
- Several pictures of the new Galaxy stage, which is a very cool stage in my opinion, has nicely made background details, and also the troll picture of Toad made me laugh on the inside.
- The picture that confirmed me as a playable picture in the background of Skyloft. This is pretty important.
- A new look at the new Sonic stage. Because why not.

I might grade months some time in the future, but overall I think November was a good month on the daily pic front.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This month I've only been happy with the reveal of Marth and SMG stage. Everything else was of no importance.

Lol Forgot the troll pic of Toad. That put a smile on my face as well.

Each to their own I guess. November has been pretty good in my opinion - I like the little things such as Pit's new stance for his arrows, the new capsule design and confirmation that Villager's bug-net is his grab. We got the Hocotate bomb too, which is... weird. But hey, I have no idea how it will work so I can't complain about it until I see it in action.

That Toad picture made me smile too, Sakurai is one crafty little mistress.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
It's only 1am for me. I just see if it happens around then and then shove off to bed. Because why not. And then I come back to several pages of... whatever happens. Mysteries. Surprises. Or most likely and most importantly, despair.
I swear I am the only one of my kind that makes a habit to go to sleep before midnight. I always question myself... Is it a good habit?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I swear I am the only one of my kind that makes a habit to go to sleep before midnight. I always question myself... Is it a good habit?
Well, I go to bed at 11 when I have stuff to do the next day. So I can be in bed at 11, up at 7. But I haven't had anything to do with myself in quite some time, so I am doing a 12-1 sleep thing lately.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I don't wanna make you all jealous, but in Australia, we get the daily pics at 6pm... no late nights for me! (Except when there's a Direct, which takes place at 12 or 1am...)

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Some ppl, such as myself, are nocturnal. I always get my 8 hours of sleep. Its just good to be up for miiverse posts.

I'm pretty sure somebody uploaded a 3D model for GnW to Brawl Vault, I could be mistaken though.
I don't go on brawl vault.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Well, I go to bed at 11 when I have stuff to do the next day. So I can be in bed at 11, up at 7. But I haven't had anything to do with myself in quite some time, so I am doing a 12-1 sleep thing lately.
All my college friends and a lot of my youtube friends and super video game people I know say they stay up till 3am every night.
I ultimately wonder. Am I missing out on something or are they missing out on something...
I will tell you I have had some of the most quirky, stupid, funny, strange, and insane dreams these past couple of months and I thank my mental curfew for that, or maybe it was the chocolate milk...

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
Also on Villagers net grab, it seem the net won't be his Fair but most likely his Zair. It make sense though the butterfly net is really hard to picture actually causing SEVERE pain.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
I try to get to sleep by then, mainly because I'm up at 7:00 the next morning regardless of when I go to sleep. (not using alarm clock, I just naturally wake up at 7)

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
All my college friends and a lot of my youtube friends and super video game people I know say they stay up till 3am every night.
I ultimately wonder. Am I missing out on something or are they missing out on something...
I will tell you I have had some of the most quirky, stupid, funny, strange, and insane dreams these past couple of months and I thank my mental curfew for that, or maybe it was the chocolate milk...
3am is way too late imo. 1am should be the absolute latest I stay up... lol, 6-9 hours of sleep + 1 cup of coffee is all it takes to get me through the day... it's kinda nice

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
The Wii U upscales if you play via HDMI.
Ok, thanks.

It's slight, but to me it does look better on my TV through HDMI than component.
And all of that is default for WiiU? You don't need to buy a cable or anything separately like (by my understanding) you needed to for the Wii?
Maybe now I won't want to sell the game back every time I beat a stage in Classic.
On a related note, if I were to downgrade from Wii to GC playing Melee, would there be any noticeable downgrade in those graphics?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
And all of that is default for WiiU? You don't need to buy a cable or anything separately like (by my understanding) you needed to for the Wii?
Maybe now I won't want to sell the game back every time I beat a stage in Classic.
On a related note, if I were to downgrade from Wii to GC playing Melee, would there be any noticeable downgrade in those graphics?
I can't recall, since it's been almost a year, but I'm almost completely positive the Wii U comes packaged with an HDMI cable.

That depends on your current setup. For your Wii, do you use component (RGB) or composite (yellow) cables? If you use the same cable on your GameCube that you do on your Wii, the graphics should be the same. However! If you use the component cables on your Wii, keep in mind that the component cable for the GameCube it's (a) different and (b) very rare and thus very expensive. As in, over a hundred dollars. It might be worth it simply to keep your Wii.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
When I meant severe pain I meant knockback like a punch or a cannonball to the tummy.
So your reasoning on why an attack should have high knockback...is it has to be comparable to a cannonball?

I see.

Well I guess being able to kill bosses isn't comparable at all to that.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
So your reasoning on why an attack should have high knockback...is it has to be comparable to a cannonball?

I see.

Well I guess being able to kill bosses isn't comparable at all to that.

Maybe not the best comparison but meh. It's not that it isn't able to kill (videogame wise) it's just hard to picture it causing a opponent to get blown back so much that they get knocked off the stage.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
We still have one more week of november pictures before we give the anaylsis of the month
So far as far as big announcements we got Marth e Mario Galaxy. The first is the return of a veteran character many already believed was going to be in the game, the second a stage already hinted by Sakurai and that, even if incredible looking, isn't really that big of a surprise.
I hope we get at least something surprising this month.

Maybe that Pikmin item was announced this month, which looks pretty cool.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So far as far as big announcements we got Marth e Mario Galaxy. The first is the return of a veteran character many already believed was going to be in the game, the second a stage already hinted by Sakurai and that, even if incredible looking, isn't really that big of a surprise.
I hope we get at least something surprising this month.

Maybe that Pikmin item was announced this month, which looks pretty cool.
Let's see, what did we get?

• Pikmin Hocotate Item
  • Link Meteor Smash
  • Marth
  • Capsule Update
  • Villager Grapple Move
  • Mario Galaxy Stage
  • Windmill hazard in Windy Hill Stage
That's all. It's a good amount of stuff, I really liked this month. It had a lot of good things, so I'm pretty content. I don't think we'll get anything this week, but I'm sure next month will be good.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I can't disagree with someone with a Count Bleck avatar, especially when they say something that's true.

I'm thinking December will probably be about the same. Some new and/or surprising stuff, some small changes that are interesting, and probably 1-3 points where it's Olimar sniffing Donkey Kong's foot or something. I don't know. But I think it'll probably be as good or better compared to November.

And hopefully come January it might start picking up more. But who knows. I don't.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I can't disagree with someone with a Count Bleck avatar, especially when they say something that's true.

In all seriousness, I'm also expecting December to be the same, though of course everyone should still expect a couple of insignificant pics, as well as weird pics (that hold potential for a meme caption) every now and then.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I'm really expecting and wanting a smash 4 direct in early 2014. Maybe February/March?
Then again, knowing sawkcurry, we probably won't get a newcomer till e3:c

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm really expecting and wanting a smash 4 direct in early 2014. Maybe February/March?
Then again, knowing sawkcurry, we probably won't get a newcomer till e3:c
If Smash 4 is at E3 though, then iI would bet good money on it being a playable demo though.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
If smash 4 comes out after comic con 2014, then I'll be sure to hog the demo station with my friends then...:awesome:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Smash 4 is at E3 though, then iI would bet good money on it being a playable demo though.
Doesn't mean we can't still get newcomers revealed there. The demo doesn't have to have (and likely won't have) all the characters announced by that point anyway.

I do hope (and tbh expect) we will get at least one more newcomer announced before E3 though, maybe in the inevitable mega Direct Nintendo will almost have to have early next year, similar to the one last Jan where they announced Smash would be at E3 in the first place. After the holiday season has passed, Nintendo is really going to have to drive home why people should still be interested in the Wii U, so I expect something on par with last year.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Doesn't mean we can't still get newcomers revealed there. The demo doesn't have to have (and likely won't have) all the characters announced by that point anyway.

I do hope (and tbh expect) we will get at least one more newcomer announced before E3 though, maybe in the inevitable mega Direct Nintendo will almost have to have early next year, similar to the one last Jan where they announced Smash would be at E3 in the first place. After the holiday season has passed, Nintendo is really going to have to drive home why people should still be interested in the Wii U come the new year, so I expect something on par with last year.
My point was more that a playable demo goes a long way. Especially at an E3 a year after announcement and not too horribly long before release. New characters before then would probably do good things for the demo, too.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
My point was more that a playable demo goes a long way. Especially at an E3 a year after announcement and not too horribly long before release. New characters before then would probably do good things for the demo, too.
Oh ok, well yeah, I think a demo at some point is pretty likely as well, and if Nintendo is smart it'll be at E3 (which I agree there's a good chance of). Especially if they're planning to do that Best Buy tie-in thing again with the demo stations.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
In my opinion, November has been as good as August which I'd argue was the best month yet for updates and we still have 5 updates to go. I'm expecting something new this week akin to the Wii Fit Trainer ALT update we got on Halloween; something that nobody expected but are perfectly happy with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom