• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
How in the name of Jesus did this wall of text with no spacing get ten likes=???

It's called spacing.

This post also has an ending that has no logical connection to anything I just said.
[collapse="Here's the idiots who liked this wall of text"]

You 10 people are morons as are anyone else that likes this post, with no exceptions.
[/collapse]

Perhaps you could have considered that some people don't care about how the text is presented and like the content of the message itself?

It's called not being an ass.

By the way, going out of your way to bully 10 people (plus the person who made the post) who don't agree with your point of view is the most moronic thing I have ever seen. Attack me all you want, but I've reported you for the other ten who did nothing to deserve your irrational hatred.

Have a nice day.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How in the name of Jesus did this wall of text with no spacing get ten likes=???

It's called spacing.

This post also has an ending that has no logical connection to anything I just said.
[collapse="Here's the idiots who liked this wall of text"]
  1. Today at 5:06 PM
    RODO

Smash Apprentice, Male, 23, from Knoxville, Tennessee

2. Today at 4:34 PM
    BluePikmin11

Smash Hero

3. Today at 4:27 PM
    Keeshu

Smash Apprentice, Male, 25

4. Today at 4:10 PM
    Jumpman84

Smash Journeyman, Male, from Arizona

5. Today at 4:09 PM
    Zhadgon

Smash Ace, Male, 26, from Chilangolandia

6. Today at 3:52 PM
    Swampasaur

Smash Hero, Male, from Um....Lost?

7. Today at 3:49 PM
    MorbidAltruism

Smash Champion, from Jigglypuff

8. Today at 3:48 PM
    Wariofan1

Smash Champion, Male, from Denmark

9. Today at 3:42 PM
    majora_787

Smash Champion, Male, from Only on wednesdays.

10. Today at 3:39 PM
    PLATINUM7
[/collapse]

You 10 people are morons as are anyone else that likes this post, with no exceptions.

I mean, I get if this was in response to that troll, but in response to my post about work time Sakurai does and how Smash can be better that is not insulting Sakurai or anyone at all this post makes no logically sense. I'm not that troll guy, and I posted an educated and informed post with my opinion on working, not this or that.

If voting for this kind of out of nowhere rant is what Smash Boards here in the Smash 4 Boards is all about, then considering my leave a permanent one.

I don't want to be dumbed down by this kind of stupidity.

Maybe I ought to congratulate SmashChu... he successfully made a movement that helped make the Smash speculation fan base dumber than the pre-Brawl speculation fan base in every way, shape, and form. He also made most of the best posters leave the main thread. Good job guys. Way to listen to blatant crazies instead of logic.

John...

Are you on your period again? :troll:

Really. That was completely uncalled for. What gives? Something else bugging you?

If showing us the error of our ways in so important then why don't you actually debate with him and spell out the error of his ways instead of whining and insulting people? Because what you're doing right now IS NOT HELPING AT ALL. It's making you lose credibility.

John. You would never act like this is the BRoom. No matter the topic or person you were debating. Seriously. What's gotten into you? The guy was nice about it. No flaming. Very polite and simply spelled his case out. Why not just do the same? Who knows? You could have even gotten twice the amount of likes he had. And why are likes even important in the first place?

John. You don't normally act like this... What's up?

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Johnknight1 has been seeming more irritable lately, I think it was about a week or two ago I started to notice it. That's why I suggested a small break. Talking on forums can be stressful, figured he could get his mind refreshed and stuff and come back.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman

It's called spacing.

I mean, I get if this was in response to that troll, but in response to my post about work time Sakurai does and how Smash can be better that is not insulting Sakurai or anyone at all this post makes no logically sense. I'm not that troll guy, and I posted an educated and informed post with my opinion on working, not this or that.

If voting for this kind of out of nowhere rant is what Smash Boards here in the Smash 4 Boards is all about, then considering my leave a permanent one.

I don't want to be dumbed down by this kind of stupidity.

Maybe I ought to congratulate SmashChu... he successfully made a movement that helped make the Smash speculation fan base dumber than the pre-Brawl speculation fan base in every way, shape, and form. He also made most of the best posters leave the main thread. Good job guys. Way to listen to blatant crazies instead of logic.

The only part not directly speaking to you in his post is the beginning, albeit that is a bad place to lose track of things, he kept mostly to your points.

I believe this is where his main target is:

He tried pretty hard in Brawl.

"Hey instead of making a game filled with good concepts, let's make a game with bad concepts. You know, like focusing all the development time and funding for this multiplayer-centric franchise on single-player modes with limited replay value, online gameplay and servers that hardly work, gameplay mechanics like tripping and footstool hopping that add nothing, balance that is worse than any smash game before, lighting that is weird, tinting that looks like Gears of War, character models that are kind of creepy, and stages that are flat out bad. EVERYONE WILL LOVE IT, BECAUSE NINTENDO!!!!

Oh, and we cut Mewtwo, too, because he's too popular."

You seem to show that you believe Sakurai to be incompetent,

Smash Wii U and 3DS won't even be out by December 9th of next year

You also seem very doubtful of their ability to keep to the schedule.

Remind me why we don't replace him with the Project M crew=???

Seriously, they made the biggest and most original Smash roster, and all Sakurai has given us in the past decade is a rock... well... Brawl (which is a lot of broken dreams), 3 newcomers post-Brawl, and a new 3rd party studio to do all of Nintendo's work for them (which makes me again wonder why people care about this franchise being Nintendo exclusive, even though Nintendo has only primarily developed 2 of its' 5 entries).

I mean c'mon, if the Project M team can make 3.0 as good as it is with the bad limitations of Brawl and the Wii, imagine if they got some more professional graphic designers, artists, and programmers to help them on a much more powerful console in the Wii U (and a much more versatile one in the 3DS). They could make a seriously good Smash game, probably with a gigantic roster to boot.

On top of that, the PMBR didn't allow random tripping to happen.

Seriously, why can't Nintendo wise up like Valve did and hire some of the best modding fans and make them into full time developers=??? It would be such a BAMF idea if Project M's Turbo Mode (where everything is automatically cancelled in terms of lag) was in Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS. Hype levels would be off the charts.

You also let on that you think a group of modders who can get tons of feedback with every update would do a better job than Sakurai and his crew, who pretty much have to test everything internally; modding is easier than game developing. BTW Sakurai gave us Kid Icarus: Uprising recently... but I can't comment because I haven't played it.

Also, while his spacing may be bad, most people (not including MorbidAltruism, Morbid likes everything) base what they give their likes to off of content, not necessarily format. If you read his whole paragraph, he ties the end in quite nicely. The gist of his post says that he trusts Sakurai to make a great game, mainly because he created the series and the first place. That and he dislikes the hate for joke pics because it is better that what other developers will give you: nothing.

He isn't devoid of logic; his post is quite logical. Opinionated? Yes, but so are you, both can use logic and neither side needs to insult the other... lol, that last sentence sounded like it's from a debate 101 class. :p

Anything you said relevant to this topic I missed? I'm not sure if I missed a quote or not. :)

P.S. You usually seem like a reasonable guy, JohnKnight. Your voice of reason just seems a little... slurred right now. I don't mean any offence with this post. :)

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
The only part not directly speaking to you in his post is the beginning, albeit that is a bad place to lose track of things, he kept mostly to your points.

I believe this is where his main target is:

He tried pretty hard in Brawl.

"Hey instead of making a game filled with good concepts, let's make a game with bad concepts. You know, like focusing all the development time and funding for this multiplayer-centric franchise on single-player modes with limited replay value, online gameplay and servers that hardly work, gameplay mechanics like tripping and footstool hopping that add nothing, balance that is worse than any smash game before, lighting that is weird, tinting that looks like Gears of War, character models that are kind of creepy, and stages that are flat out bad. EVERYONE WILL LOVE IT, BECAUSE NINTENDO!!!!

Oh, and we cut Mewtwo, too, because he's too popular."

You seem to show that you believe Sakurai to be incompetent,

Smash Wii U and 3DS won't even be out by December 9th of next year

You also seem very doubtful of their ability to keep to the schedule.

Remind me why we don't replace him with the Project M crew=???

Seriously, they made the biggest and most original Smash roster, and all Sakurai has given us in the past decade is a rock... well... Brawl (which is a lot of broken dreams), 3 newcomers post-Brawl, and a new 3rd party studio to do all of Nintendo's work for them (which makes me again wonder why people care about this franchise being Nintendo exclusive, even though Nintendo has only primarily developed 2 of its' 5 entries).

I mean c'mon, if the Project M team can make 3.0 as good as it is with the bad limitations of Brawl and the Wii, imagine if they got some more professional graphic designers, artists, and programmers to help them on a much more powerful console in the Wii U (and a much more versatile one in the 3DS). They could make a seriously good Smash game, probably with a gigantic roster to boot.

On top of that, the PMBR didn't allow random tripping to happen.

Seriously, why can't Nintendo wise up like Valve did and hire some of the best modding fans and make them into full time developers=??? It would be such a BAMF idea if Project M's Turbo Mode (where everything is automatically cancelled in terms of lag) was in Smash Wii U and Smash 3DS. Hype levels would be off the charts.

You also let on that you think a group of modders who can get tons of feedback with every update would do a better job than Sakurai and his crew, who pretty much have to test everything internally; modding is easier than game developing. BTW Sakurai gave us Kid Icarus: Uprising recently... but I can't comment because I haven't played it.

Also, while his spacing may be bad, most people (not including MorbidAltruism, Morbid likes everything) base what they give their likes to off of content, not necessarily format. If you read his whole paragraph, he ties the end in quite nicely. The gist of his post says that he trusts Sakurai to make a great game, mainly because he created the series and the first place. That and he dislikes the hate for joke pics because it is better that what other developers will give you: nothing.

He isn't devoid of logic; his post is quite logical. Opinionated? Yes, but so are you, both can use logic and neither side needs to insult the other... lol, that last sentence sounded like it's from a debate 101 class. :p

Anything you said relevant to this topic I missed? I'm not sure if I missed a quote or not. :)

P.S. You usually seem like a reasonable guy, JohnKnight. Your voice of reason just seems a little... slurred right now. I don't mean any offence with this post. :)
That was an excellent read. Bravo, my good sir.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
The fact remains these boards are largely inadequate because just about everyone has opinions based on fallacies
I see, I see, you consider every single person in the world to be inadequate but what about this board in particular bothers you?

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
This is stupid. Will you all shut the **** up, stop comparing *****, and lets get back on track. Theres not much to talk about with todays stupid-ass daily pic, sooooo howsaboooouuuuut something NOT about the damn next reveal and how it wont be Toad or whatever.

What kind of alternate costumes do you want to see that ARENT different characters, and are just costumes from that same character? Id like to see maybe Darkspine Sonic, that would look ****ing awesome.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd like for a female Pokemon Trainer and Zora Armor.

PED Samus would be cool too.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Female Villager is pretty much guaranteed at this point, and I think female Pokémon Trainer is fairly likely as well.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
This is stupid. Will you all shut the **** up, stop comparing ****s, and lets get back on track. Theres not much to talk about with todays stupid-*** daily pic, sooooo howsaboooouuuuut something NOT about the damn next reveal and how it wont be Toad or whatever.
I'm sorry... but I'm not sure there is a track anymore... this seems to be the "talk about random smash stuff" thread now. :p

What kind of alternate costumes do you want to see that ARENT different characters, and are just costumes from that same character? Id like to see maybe Darkspine Sonic, that would look ****ing awesome.
There's an app thread for that: http://smashboards.com/threads/alternate-costumes-confirmed.341873/
(well... more-or-less for that):p

On second thought: why not just continue posting the random stuff we post here, here? :p (what is the point of this post, you ask? I'm trying to figure that out)

@Jumpman84 thanks, I like collecting info and presenting it. Hopefully I start being more active soon... maybe after school

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I'd love an Alph costume for Olimar, and Tanuki suits for Mario and Luigi would be pretty sweet.

So many possibilities...

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
I'd like for a female Pokemon Trainer and Zora Armor.

PED Samus would be cool too.
PED Samus would be awesome. Light Suit Samus would be rad as ****.

I'm sorry... but I'm not sure there is a track anymore... this seems to be the "talk about random smash stuff" thread now. :p
Except they werent talking about Smash they were just bickering.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
This is stupid. Will you all shut the **** up, stop comparing ****s, and lets get back on track. Theres not much to talk about with todays stupid-*** daily pic, sooooo howsaboooouuuuut something NOT about the damn next reveal and how it wont be Toad or whatever.

I'd like to see Armored Mewtwo, Outset Toon Link, Virtual R.O.B., Mr. L, Shadow Queen Peach, and Dry Bowser. Those alternate costumes (plus Mewtwo, Roy, and Dr. Mario returning) the the only things I really like about Project M. (Though I think Dr. Mario should have been his own character again, it makes sense to be a costume, I suppose.)

Non Project M related, I would like to see a Mario costume (but there are so many to choose). Maybe if we're lucky, we'll get Cat Mario! :p

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Hoping for Zelda's confirmation, but a close-up of Marth's face isn't anything to complain about I guess.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Along with the (future) fact that Smash Wii U and 3DS won't even be out by December 9th of next year, and that the game is guaranteed to be good and have tons of replay value, based on the previous releases of Project M, which only get better and better and much better.
the game should come out way before dec 9th of next year

RODO

Smash Ace
Like a guys status because he basically lays out how how he believes Sakurai is doing a good job, then get labeled a moron. I just liked how he pointed out that Sakurai is the guy who gave us Melee AND Smash in general. People are quick to forget. Don't let your opinions overtake you, we are just talking about a video game here.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The main reason I'm buying this game is for the seemingly endless array of Luigi's facial expressions.

Sakurai never promised us any reveals in these photos - we created the hype so we can't be mad at him when he doesn't do what we want.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Blood Falcon would most likely be a pallete swap and Fusion suit, I hardly believe that's going to happen :/

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
So... what can we expect next week, the final week of November?

Damn... a little over a month away from 2014. And I have still done nothing.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Well I preferred both the other smash games more than brawl, but I'm still looking forward to this game a ton. Easily has potential to be the best.

Smash 4 way more hype than before Brawl's release for me.

(And don't get me wrong, I still like brawl! just not as much :p )

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
My order goes 64 < Brawl < Melee overall. For competitive, it's brawl < 64 < melee, and for single player 64 < Melee < Brawl. In my opinion, they're all good for different things, it really depends on what I'm going for to decide which one to play. The mods also bring great competitive playability into the mix, of course.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I feel like 64 has the best sound effects and announcer, as well as... I don't know. The "impact" of things felt the best. Melee had the best stages and the best target tests, and Brawl has the best Roster, music, and adventure mode.

To this day I don't get why people think Melee feels better from a gameplay perspective in multiplayer, but I imagine it's just a personal preference thing, especially after playing all three games recently.

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
My order goes 64 < Brawl < Melee overall. For competitive, it's brawl < 64 < melee, and for single player 64 < Melee < Brawl. In my opinion, they're all good for different things, it really depends on what I'm going for to decide which one to play. The mods also bring great competitive playability into the mix, of course.
Speaking of mods, how do you even get project M anyway?

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Feeling is mutual. Was hyped to get it, then I hit the boring stage within the first 45 minutes or so. Never finished, brought it back.

I feel Wii in general is just a boring as hell platform. I've yet to test the WiiU but it looks legit so far. It also doesn't limit its resolution at a whopping 480p. Gosh Golly those graphics >_>
I know this is literally (at least) 17 pages old, but I've been reading through and had a random-ish question:
If I were to play Brawl (I'll give the Pro-Players a second to recover from their respective strokes) on the WiiU, would it have a higher resolution? I obviously know that poly-count and the actual textures don't change, but if I were to, for example, beat a stage in Classic Mode, when the camera zooms in, would the (unchanged) shapes be displayed at a higher resolution?

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I know this is literally (at least) 17 pages old, but I've been reading through and had a random-ish question:
If I were to play Brawl (I'll give the Pro-Players a second to recover from their respective strokes) on the WiiU, would it have a higher resolution? I obviously know that poly-count and the actual textures don't change, but if I were to, for example, beat a stage in Classic Mode, when the camera zooms in, would the (unchanged) shapes be displayed at a higher resolution?
The Wii U upscales if you play via HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom