• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
I feel like 64 has the best sound effects and announcer, as well as... I don't know. The "impact" of things felt the best. Melee had the best stages and the best target tests, and Brawl has the best Roster, music, and adventure mode.

To this day I don't get why people think Melee feels better from a gameplay perspective in multiplayer, but I imagine it's just a personal preference thing, especially after playing all three games recently.
For the multiplayer, it really depends on how you're trying to play. If you're trying to have a good time, that would be completely preference. Melee dominates if you're playing competitively however, because there are so many technique's you can learn that you can't in any other game really, like wavedashing. Wavedancing can be done in brawl, but is hardly viable due to the increased difficulty of the maneuver, the decreased benefits and the tripping factor. Melee is also quicker paced, requiring a more precise control of reflexes and speed. In my opinion, even if I were only playing for fun, I would still choose Melee simply because I have a higher degree of control over my character, and I feel more submersed in the game as a result. This is coming from somebody who mains Kirby in all three games, whether playing casually or competitively.

Speaking of mods, how do you even get project M anyway?
http://smashmods.com/

This website has the link for project M, as well as others. For project M, click the tab into the website, then at the project m site, click the download tab and there will be a tutorial.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I personally feel like Melee is too stiff and unresponsive, which is why I don't play it anymore. Then again, it might be my controllers, I'm never sure.

But I'm always playing to have a good time, of course. :p And how can I not have a good time when I can sit with some friends and see how far we can throw Pichu.

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
I'd say it was probably your controllers or maybe you're just better at Brawl, but that's only because of the insane amount of intentional inputs per second that can be tracked in Melee. Seriously, it rivals competitive StarCraft, that's intense
Not to mention there's Project M which combines both melee & brawl controls giving the player more options, and Melee SD Remix which speeds up Melee and attempts to balance out the cast. SD Remix is great if you wanna play a Melee where former low tiers are amazing. Hell, they give Pichu a spike in his down air, if I remember correctly.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I've played with pros and can say it's definitely more fun, but the same logic can be applied to Melee.
Well, I guess it depends what you make of it. I for one, love to get the best out of low tier characters and find it satisfying to take down top tier-God tier characters.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I might just be better at Brawl. I don't even play smash on a competitive level? I mean I play competitively against friends but that's not entirely the same thing as a tournament setting.

Also I dunno if it's my controllers, since it feels weird in 64 and normal in Brawl but then I play Melee and it's really... Yup.

And I am going to continue to deliberately not comment on Project M.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I've done an online Brawl tournament, and it was a fun experience. Everyone was really encouraging except for like three people who walked out on it and one guy who was a ragequitter. It's just that I've never lived anywhere that has any physical tournaments anywhere near it ever.

I'd say it went well since I left placing in the top 15 out of 30 and I learned how to play as Marth and Wolf a bit better.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yeah sorry for being off topic but I mean Luigi's nose isn't going to give me enough to talk about for three straight days. :p Not even Marth's face gives me that much.

We could always talk about Protom and his human, since that involves pics of the day. Just not the ones on the smash website.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I actually like the psychovillager meme just because it reminds me of the original Animal Crossing and how it was possible to whap people with your axe. And now here he is, many games later, doing it once again.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I actually like the psychovillager meme just because it reminds me of the original Animal Crossing and how it was possible to whap people with your axe. And now here he is, many games later, doing it once again.
It's funny because in new leaf I heard that there actually is a marble statue of a nude man and women. Funny how they don't censor something like that, yet they leave out the axe whapping.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Nothing because theres only so much conversation to be had for the entire weekend over a picture of Marths face and Luigi shoving his nose into him.

Yeah sorry for being off topic but I mean Luigi's nose isn't going to give me enough to talk about for three straight days. :p Not even Marth's face gives me that much.

Not with that attitude there's not.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It's funny because in new leaf I heard that there actually is a marble statue of a nude man and women. Funny how they don't censor something like that, yet they leave out the axe whapping.
I mean they're not going to censor a real piece of art...besides the guy's junk is a bit tough to see on that small a screen. :p

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I mean they're not going to censor a real piece of art...besides the guy's junk is a bit tough to see on that small a screen. :p
Ya, but my point is that they still could have kept the axe whapping. Would be fun in multiplayer n stuff. :demon:

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
I say you should consider going to one sometime if you like the idea, they're pretty hype.
I am a very fortunate person. I am one of those people that are gifted with the ability to not feel hype but still be excited for a new game, TV series, vacation, awesome movie, etc.
I swear people get themselves so worked up over hype that when they finally get that NEW NEW NEW thing they don't have the kind of reaction everyone else does that actually keeps there hype under freaking control. My point being having hype is good, but having too much hype is just stupid.

and then there are those people that put out death threats or become computer hackers because they can't keep control of their hype, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

majora_787

Smash Hero
I am a very fortunate person. I am one of those people that are gifted with the ability to not feel hype but still be excited for a new game, TV series, vacation, awesome movie, etc.
I swear people get themselves so worked up over hype that when they finally get that NEW NEW NEW thing they don't have the kind of reaction everyone else does that actually keeps there hype under freaking control. My point being having hype is good, but having too much hype is just stupid.

and then there are those people that put out death threats or become computer hackers because they can't keep control of their hype, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!
I dunno, apparently my hype is sufficient, since no matter how hype I get for things I actually haven't been disappointed by a game before.

I've been disappointed by a podcast, but that's another story.

Also I dunno how they'd "keep axe whapping in" since I don't think it was programmed to be intentional on purpose. It's just the weird overlap of how close animals can be without you talking to them, their current momentum, and how far your axe reaches. In that particular game anyway.

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
Well, there's a couple different forms of hype, really. There's one definition that means to promote, there's another that's essentially a synonym for excitement or excited, and there's another which means to deceive, aka Sakurai's trolling tactics. I'd say the above three are pretty important in balancing out hype as a whole.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I know this is random, but I always wondered what a three demensional GnW would look like.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I can't wait for the reveal of Mr. Game & Watch's reveal for Smash 4. As usual I'm sure it will be the most revolutionary change there is from game to game.

Also wow, today's only saturday. Sunday probably won't be much better for being on-topic will it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom