• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
I'm aware of the Rare incident back in early 2000? Can't remember when. But being an exclusive doesn't give Banjo a shot either; Sakurai is very picky with the Smash Brothers roster.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How rad would that be tho? If Rare was still Nintendos we could have had ****in Banjo and Kazooie in Smash, and by now maybe even Fulgor! I mean **** Banjo and Kazooie were planned for Smash 64, so they may have made it into Melee if not for Rare getting bought by ****mesoft.
This isn't true actually.

Banjo and Kazooie were never planned for Smash 64.

They weren't planned for Melee either, though they did get a decent amount of requests.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
This isn't true actually.

Banjo and Kazooie were never planned for Smash 64.

They weren't planned for Melee either, though they did get a decent amount of requests.
I thought so. I'm pretty sure the only characters confirmed to have been planned for SSB64 are Mewtwo, Bowser and King Dedede.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I see know way Masahiro would add a character from a different console, Snake being an exception because the creator of Metal Gear is good friends with him. And if that's Jago up there, he reminds me a lot of Sub-Zero.
If anything being primarily on another console is likely a deterrent to Sakurai, he still views this as extremely Nintendo-centric, and the third parties he does allow need to have pretty close ties to Nintendo.... or him. In any case, neither Jago nor any KI characters are going to be making it.

Except for Pit and Palutena :troll:

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
I'm aware of the Rare incident back in early 2000? Can't remember when. But being an exclusive doesn't give Banjo a shot either; Sakurai is very picky with the Smash Brothers roster.
B&K along with James Bond of all people were among the roster of "considerables" from Rare for Smash 64. They were second party like Game Freak, the creators of Pokemon. I guarantee due to Rares history of success with Nintendo, and Banjo and Kazooies popularity, if they were stillwith Nintendo they would definitely have one rep in Smash by now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
B&K along with James Bond of all people were among the roster of "considerables" from Rare for Smash 64. They were second party like Game Freak, the creators of Pokemon. I guarantee due to Rares history of success with Nintendo, and Banjo and Kazooies popularity, if they were stillwith Nintendo they would definitely have one rep in Smash by now. Probably in Melee.
No, they weren't on the list of "considerables". In an interview with an ex-Rare employee he stated how Banjo in 64 would've been practically impossible due to the games being developed partially at the same time. And technically B&K could've still been included in Melee, so while I agree eventually they would've been made playable, it wouldn't have been until Brawl.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
No, they weren't on the list of "considerables". In an interview with an ex-Rare employee he stated how Banjo in 64 would've been practically impossible due to the games being developed partially at the same time. And technically B&K could've still been included in Melee, so while I agree eventually they would've been made playable, it wouldn't have been until Brawl.
You know what my brain **** on me. I was thinking about James Bond and somehow Banjo weaseled his way in there. I remember hearing BOND was considered. Probably still wrong. lol Anyway yeah they probly wouldnt have been in until then. I can agree with that.

D

Deleted member

Bond wasn't considered either.

Otherwise, Sakurai would have said so when he mentioned Bowser, Mewtwo, and Dedede, considering that Bond was tied with Mewtwo on Sakurai's pre-Melee poll.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Im probably gonna flip some peoples **** but how do you guys feel about Bayonetta in Smash? Considering "her partnership" and exclusivity, Nintendos aim to bring in a more hardcore market, Bayonetta 2's release, her unique playstyle, and the fact that Sakurai was AT Platinums HQ some time in the past year or 2 (he tweeted a pic he took of the Platinum front desk) I think in all likeliness it COULD happen. Not saying its likely but I mean it would make some sense.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Im probably gonna flip some peoples **** but how do you guys feel about Bayonetta in Smash? Considering "her partnership" and exclusivity, Nintendos aim to bring in a more hardcore market, Bayonetta 2's release, her unique playstyle, and the fact that Sakurai was AT Platinums HQ some time in the past year or 2 (he tweeted a pic he took of the Platinum front desk) I think in all likeliness it COULD happen. Not saying its likely but I mean it would make some sense.
I would have no issues with it.

What self-respecting male wouldn't?

It would just be like another Snake, is all. :awesome:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If she was a Nintendo character it'd still be a bit questionable, but as a third-party, a one-game partnership isn't enough to put her in the same league as Sonic, Snake, and Mega Man.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Sakurai was at my HQ and tweeted a pic of my front desk and I didn't even know about this?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It's a 3DS image but it keeps showing the one of Marth and stalker Luigi

Bayonetta would be fun in Smash, but you have to remember just how limited she would be to keep the game E10 or T. Guns are out and her sexuality would be all but gone (that means her hair magic would be censored in some way or simply gone) Yeah they could technically do it, but at one point she stops being Bayonetta...which no one really wants.

D

Deleted member

I actually had to double take to see that was Marth.

For some reason my mind registered him as Ike or Chrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom