• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RODO

Smash Ace
Can't wait til Smash 6 comes out and people are still playing Project M and complaining about Smash not being like Melee because of Luigi pics.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Because Only like five percent of the fanbase things of good ideas.
Then there's Miiverse....

This. Some of the fans do have really good ideas but most of them get buried under the cringe worthy ones. For every great idea for Smash, there's a thousand that make you want to go into a seizure while reading them. Just spend an hour or two on Miiverse or Gamefaqs and you'll know exactly what I mean.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I think we've got it backwards.

We're Marth
And Sakurai is ****ing with us, like Luigi.

That's what I saw when I woke up this morning lol.

-TAG-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuprSmashKing16
Wow, reading these past few comments, it amazed me how fired up and butthurt the Smashboards can get if Sakurai makes a slight 'slip-up' in his updates (which everyone will forget by the time the next week is over anyway).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My dream pic reveal was by far better.

It had 4 playable Peach(es) in a new stage, two of them were holding Toad (default Peach had red Toad, and Green Peach holding Blue Toad (deconfirming him which was the only not great aspect of the dream). There was also Peach in a casual sports outfit. And a Rosalina color scheme.

I wish I stayed in bed. XD I have a feeling it would've gotten better from there. Plus I didn't recognize the stage but it looked like a "Smashville" version of Delfino.

Anyway, my reaction to today's update: .... Back to watching P:M 3.0 Trailer.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
My dream pic reveal was by far better.

It had 4 playable Peach(es) in a new stage, two of them were holding Toad (default Peach had red Toad, and Green Peach holding Blue Toad (deconfirming him which was the only not great aspect of the dream). There was also Peach in a casual sports outfit. And a Rosalina color scheme.

I wish I stayed in bed. XD I have a feeling it would've gotten better from there. Plus I didn't recognize the stage but it looked like a "Smashville" version of Delfino.

Anyway, my reaction to today's update: .... Back to watching P:M 3.0 Trailer.

not only is that visually appealing but it would reconfirm the character I want least

Keeshu

Smash Ace
You guys get annoyed over stuff so easily. It's almost as if you guys expect a character reveal every week (.... or more like everyday).

I found the picture to be amusing. It's good to have something other than pictures that create maximum overhype. Besides, Smash is about having fun, there's more to the game than how effective everyone is, these little picture remind you that you can be silly every now and then and enjoy the characters.

As for Luigi being weird, that's just the smash version of Luigi being weird as usual (I'm not sure why smash games portray Luigi as a weirdo, I never saw him as a weirdo in any main games). Marth has the perfect face for "Jeez, just go away".

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
You guys really thought a character was coming today? Honestly, you can't judge when or how a character is going to be announced. Sakurai is always watching us...sort of like Big Brother from the book Nineteen Eighty-Four.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
The dude's a generation behind....

Don't have a 3DS or 2DS. Parents think it's not worth $160 to get 2 different handhelds that's only difference is the 3D option. They're not very educated in the way of video games.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I didn't even expect anything other than the opportunity to maybe see some of a stage that isn't Battlefield. But instead it's basically Luigi's nose on Marth's shoulder and enough background to convince me they're on Skyloft. Sakurai can do what he wants but Luigi's nose doesn't particularly excite me on any level.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Look on the bright side, at least things are more predictable than the pre-Brawl situation where reveals only had to do with what's highly requested, what needs to be advertised, and what he personally wants.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
When I think it can't be worse, I remember it's friday...
One entire weekend with Luigi smelling Marth''s neck.

I really appreciate PM , and I even appreciate Sakurai work too, but PM producers don't has the need to be a master troll
------------
Sakurai you're in debt with me. I want a newcomer in 11/26 (release of zelda in Japan).

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm just not even going to say anything about Project M and hope for a slightly better next week than Luigi's nose.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Well I don´t know if this has been posted but Reggie did say in a interview that maybe they will show something exciting at VGX, could it be a Nintendo Direct or something else, VGX will be in December 7, here is the link.

.n_n.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Who knows but I expect new reveals before this year end, then at E3 another pack of reveals and finally one more near the launch of the game, so Sakurai could present something in this show or in the final Direct of this year from Nintendo.
.n_n.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah they should reveal 3 newcomers before the end of the year, 3 newcomers during March, 3 newcomers in E3 2014, and 3 newcomers near release. And perhaps reveal the historical character (A.K.A. R.O.B. and G&W) shortly after the release.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
I didn't expect anything, to be honest, but that also means that I didn't expect one of the worst pictures since the beginning.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Yeah they should reveal 3 newcomers before the end of the year, 3 newcomers during March, 3 newcomers in E3 2014, and 3 newcomers near release. And perhaps reveal the historical character (A.K.A. R.O.B. and G&W) shortly after the release.
I don´t think we will receive that many new comers I expect something in the lines between 10 and 12, we have for now three new comers so at most I think they can reveal 9 more, thats why we will only have three more "packs of reveals" one before this year ends, one at E3 and finally one near the launch of Smash, I don´t think we will get a pack in March.
.n_n.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sometimes I wonder if this is an elaborate ruse to have people go into Smash 4 with completely malformed hype and a negative impression of what we'll actually get, and then be entirely blown away when it's actually the biggest and best game in the series.

Rouge

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I wonder if this is an elaborate ruse to have people go into Smash 4 with completely malformed hype and a negative impression of what we'll actually get, and then be entirely blown away when it's actually the biggest and best game in the series.
That would actually be the worst marketing strategy ever hahaha. All part of the plan.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I don´t think we will receive that many new comers I expect something in the lines between 10 and 12, we have for now three new comers so at most I think they can reveal 9 more, thats why we will only have three more "packs of reveals" one before this year ends, one at E3 and finally one near the launch of Smash, I don´t think we will get a pack in March.
.n_n.
Your expectations are way too high.

more like 6-7 newcomers AT MOST.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Your expectations are way too high.

more like 6-7 newcomers AT MOST.
If is only 6-7 newcomers they are less than any previews Smash do you expect cuts? My reasoning is that in the first Smash there 12 characters and then 13 new characters in Melee, with 18 new characters in Brawl, probably Sakurai could pull 12 and be comfortable with that number of new characters.

.n_n.

majora_787

Smash Hero
6-7 with cuts seems a little low. I'm estimating more like. 3 cuts, 10-12 newcomers.

I don't know why that's a hugely unreasonable expectation considering the way this development cycle is going, and the fact that every game was larger than the last, so 10-12 newcomers would still be the smallest number of new characters since Smash 64.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To the Americans upset with today's update, next week is pretty much an entire week off thanks to the Thanksgiving holiday (aside from Black Friday if you work retail then you have my deepest apologies and god speed) so even if next week's updates suck, it won't be a pain staying up for them.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
BRoom? For what?
Smash 4 BRoom. You're one of only 64 members (plus Fatmanonice, who never accepted his invite) of it! :laugh:
Well I don´t know if this has been posted but Reggie did say in a interview that maybe they will show something exciting at VGX, could it be a Nintendo Direct or something else, VGX will be in December 7, here is the link.

.n_n.
Project M 3.0 confirmed for the VGX awards!!!

(or at least Johnknight1 confirmed not to really care because Project M 3.0 will be consuming my life then)

D

Deleted member

Here's to next week of nothing but Luigi's nose.

Do not disappoint, Sakurai.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Luigi's nose is a character, a stage, an item, a pokemon, a game mode, and an entire version of the game.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

.n_n.
Could be, but I'm more so expecting something about a new game, sounds like it's a bigger deal.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Could be, but I'm more so expecting something about a new game, sounds like it's a bigger deal.

I'll only watch it live if they strongly hint at what game it's going to be. The VGAs are cancer incarnate. I watched the first one and parts of the fifth one and pretty much had to fight the temptation to swallow the contents of my medicine cabinet both times afterwards.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'll only watch it live if they strongly hint at what game it's going to be. The VGAs are cancer incarnate. I watched the first one and parts of the fifth one and pretty much had to fight the temptation to swallow the contents of my medicine cabinet both times afterwards.

Agreed completely.

Hey that was a funny skit...and now the award goes to random FPS #4! ...sigh

Also, now I want to be in the BRoom... thanks, John.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom