• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
I think the reason ALBW Link wasn't chosen was because of WW HD, Sakurai seems to favor console incarnations when available and relevant. I would've preferred ALBW Link though.

You also have to consider veteran status as well. While I would have liked to have seen the second Link at least incorporate different items into his moveset Toon Link is still always a welcome addition to the roster.

And on another note this stage could possibly be one of the best designed stages in Smash if they can pull it off correctly.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I see you like the refer to yourself int he third person. ¦D

And he said he wanted them not to get in because he wants people to suffer. I just don't want them because I wasn't interested in them to begin with, I don't feel they're even slightly "decent" choices, and now because people like you are absolutely insufferable and made the whole idea of it even more unappealing than it already was.

And I'm glad I'm not Sakurai either. I pity anyone who would want to be that lunatic. XD
Well-Played... Well Played. *MASKO' SAID*

XD

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
...Are you BLIND? XD

Majora first said that about him mixing up iconic and important. Not iam8bit or me. If you saw how he italicized "is", it should be obvious as to why I said that, especially since the second part seemed like a precursor to an explosion of "No! You're wrong and insane!"

What are you even looking at? Seriously, let this whole discussion die already. XD;
I still don't get where you're coming from at all. D:
Majora_787 makes comment about the difference between iconicness and importance->iam8bit quotes Majora_787, acknowledges that he's now talking about importance rather than iconicness (with the italicized is signifying a pivot in subject) and asks if Rosalina is more important than Toad-> You quote iam8bit telling him to calm down and explaining to him what Majora_787(and other people) are saying when the entire point post you quoted was him establishing that he understood exactly that. I feel like there's a disconnect there.

I don't care about the actual discussion I just wanted to know where you were coming from when you made that post. In any forum I go to I'm less interested in the actual subject and more interested in the conversational dynamics which end up being the subject of a lot of my posts (which I realize means I'm being terribly off-topic), and your post just very much caught my interest.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I don't care about the actual discussion I just wanted to know where you were coming from when you made that post. In any forum I go to I'm less interested in the actual subject and more interested in the conversational dynamics which end up being the subject of a lot of my posts (which I realize means I'm being terribly off-topic), and your post just very much caught my interest.
So in other words, the actual topic of discussion and interest means nothing to you and instead you love to focus on the extremely unimportant crap that no one else cares about?

Why are you even here? ¦D;

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Rosalina's cooler, newer, stronger and more relevant than Toad...there, I said it.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
*sigh* This stage is fu$#@#@ beautiful and the gravity mechanic is gonna be verrrrrry interestin. But gaddamnit why'd they have to go and put in those out of place floatin platforms. Like, couldn't they have designed the stage so that they were at least attached to somethin in the background? Or use the roof of the house as a point of elevation.

majora_787

Smash Hero
How about we not argue over these silly things related to what I've SAID, and talk about ME.

Or not really. I really want a newcomer some time relatively soon. I've had time to reorganize a speculatory roster and reorganize it several times. :p

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
So in other words, the actual topic of discussion and interest means nothing to you and instead you love to focus on the extremely unimportant crap that no one else cares about?

Why are you even here? ¦D;
Close. The actual topic of discussion means nothing to me and I instead focus on extremely unimportant crap that no one else cares about but which is extremely important to me and that I very much care about. Call it selfish self-indulgence if you will.

I'm here because Smash Bros. is my favorite game series, I love it death, I love discussing it, I like making jokes about it, and I like the community on this forum. However the PRESENT conversation you guys are having about iconicness vs. importance is something that doesn't interest me, but I read it anyways because 90% of the things discussed in this thread DO interest me so I follow it very closely, and in doing so I noticed something that did catch my interest, which was the commutative aspects of your conversation. Which tends to happen a lot because that interests me even though I never actually go to a forum looking to dissect peoples conversations.

Does that make sense? XD

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Close. The actual topic of discussion means nothing to me and I instead focus on extremely unimportant crap that no one else cares about but which is extremely important to me and that I very much care about. Call it selfish self-indulgence if you will.

I'm here because Smash Bros. is my favorite game series, I love it death, I love discussing it, I like making jokes about it, and I like the community on this forum. However the PRESENT conversation you guys are having about iconicness vs. importance is something that doesn't interest me, but I read it anyways because 90% of the things discussed in this thread DO interest me so I follow it very closely, and in doing so I noticed something that did catch my interest, which was the commutative aspects of your conversation. Which tends to happen a lot because that interests me even though I never actually go to a forum looking to dissect peoples conversations.

Does that make sense? XD
Completely. Now, on to real conversation!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Does that make sense? XD
No. Go sit in the corner and think about what you've done. ¦(

majora_787

Smash Hero
You have pretty eyes.
Thank you. <3

But yeah I dunno about anyone else but, I make my roster with three cuts and about 45 total characters, and including the current newcomers, there are just fewer characters that I want than there are slots on my own desired roster size.

I'd really hope Sakurai reveals some kind of newcomer either here in November or next month. Just so things get proven possible and the dream can be alive again.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
What I wouldn't give for some sort of legit leak of just the number of playable characters in the game. I don't want the actual names of the characters, because that's no fun, but just knowing the number would be so nice. It'd be awesome if Sakurai just came out and said the planed number, but I realize there are very good reasons why not to.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It doesn't actually matter. Because no matter how many characters there are, somehow the 3DS massively decreased the roster to a tiny sliver of what it could have been.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
What I wouldn't give for some sort of legit leak of just the number of playable characters in the game. I don't want the actual names of the characters, because that's no fun, but just knowing the number would be so nice. It'd be awesome if Sakurai just came out and said the planed number, but I realize there are very good reasons why not to.
I doubt he would confirm a number since the game is still in development and anythinh can be changed at this point.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I doubt he would confirm a number since the game is still in development and anythinh can be changed at this point.
Totally agree. Which is why I said he has a very good reason not to. Also to a degree ruins the surprise and depending on the amount it might be bad for PR.
It doesn't actually matter. Because no matter how many characters there are, somehow the 3DS massively decreased the roster to a tiny sliver of what it could have been.
I actually think the limiting factor for characters will be the balancing, not anything technical. Or are you being sarcastic?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Totally agree. Which is why I said he has a very good reason not to. Also to a degree ruins the surprise and depending on the amount it might be bad for PR.

I actually think the limiting factor for characters will be the balancing, not anything technical. Or are you being sarcastic?
I was being extremely sarcastic because that's actually the popular train of thought in some places. And it's really stupid that people think a system that has Fire Emblem Awakening, Monster Hunter 3U, and Kid Icarus Uprising is somehow going to skimp out on content just because it's a handheld, but whatever.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I was being extremely sarcastic because that's actually the popular train of thought in some places. And it's really stupid that people think a system that has Fire Emblem Awakening, Monster Hunter 3U, and Kid Icarus Uprising is somehow going to skimp out on content just because it's a handheld, but whatever.
Smash bros., on a handheld!? Man, those things don't even have color. And they take like, four double A's or something./blinddiscrimination

Tesh

Smash Hero
3DS carts hold almost as much data as Wii discs and keep in mind better graphics take up ALOT of space compared to everything else. Models and textures on the 3DS will likely be smaller and less detailed than Brawl is. We also won't have SSE's massive cutscenes taking up space.

As people have already stated, its clear the system can handle alot of stuff going on at once, but the Wii did lag while performing some tasks (stuff involving items/ice climbers/olimar etc.). Space however wont hold this game back.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Smash bros., on a handheld!? Man, those things don't even have color. And they take like, four double A's or something./blinddiscrimination
Yeah, but it has real good battery life.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Rosalina's cooler, newer, stronger and more relevant than Toad...there, I said it.
Lol sounds good enough for me. Toad can remain as Peach's little ***** for all I care.

Rosalina>Toad/Toadette =p

3DS carts hold almost as much data as Wii discs and keep in mind better graphics take up ALOT of space compared to everything else. Models and textures on the 3DS will likely be smaller and less detailed than Brawl is. We also won't have SSE's massive cutscenes taking up space.

As people have already stated, its clear the system can handle alot of stuff going on at once, but the Wii did lag while performing some tasks (stuff involving items/ice climbers/olimar etc.). Space however wont hold this game back.
It was already confirmed that adventure mode for Smash WiiU will not be the same as Brawl which means there will more than likely be plenty of space.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Exactly, SSE took up alot of space.

If anything the game will run poorly on 3DS in some areas. I don't see them holding back the Wii U version. They NEED this to be as good as it can be on Wii U. 3DS is selling like hotcakes regardless.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Well I'm sure this is mainly because they are focusing more on the home console version rather the handheld. In either case I'm sure it will play just as well as the WiiU version regardless of graphics.

Not sure how the online will do. I've played MK7 (3DS) online and had a hard time connecting to other players.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm not sure even that they're focusing on it more, I think it's just that the console version has more to focus on. I mean if I remember right, the 3DS version is supposed to prioritize singleplayer play, unlocking characters, and "customization" that Sakurai has tried to elaborate on but has actually not said much about.

And then the Wii U version is where you put your "customized" versions of characters from the 3DS version, or just from the Wii U version, against friends' characters. And this version prioritizes multiplayer gameplay, which is the point of the series when it comes down to it.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
The 'WARNING: NEW CHALLENGER' banner, or whatever the hell it is, is gone for Marthy Marth. That was quick... Anyone know how long it was taken down after Sonic was revealed?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
For those who blinked, here are this weeks 5 fake pic of the days.
Why is FalKoopa Toon Link instead of me=???

I'M SMASH BOARDS' ORIGINAL O.G. TOON LINK LOVER!!! :shades:
Wart? Really?
He's out of nowhere, he uses magic, he's something of a sorcerer (we don't really have that in Smash, sans Ganondorf, who uses no real magic attacks thus far in Smash Brothers), and he's just in general a unique concept. What's not to love=??? Of course this is all just my opinion, like everything I post! :laugh:
Personally, I think Toad = Bowser Jr. > Paper Mario > Rosalina > Waluigi in terms of importance.
I don't care about "importance" outside of Smash, I care about Smash's gameplay, and in that, I want the most unique and interesting playable characters that bring me back to my console 10 years plus later because I am so hyped to play as or against someone who plays them them again and again and again.
Given how Sakurai can create awesome movesets (Captain Falcon, for example) with little to no canon material, gameplay potential shouldn't be a much of a problem.
What does Toad even do that is unique=??? Oh yeah, he runs, jumps, and does other moves just about any Mario character can do. :rolleyes:

Listen, I like Toad as a character, but as a smash bros playable character he virtually adds nothing because he has barely anything to work with, especially when stacked up to the rest of the other faces of the franchise Nintendo characters that have yet to be playable in Smash, like Little Mac, Ridley, K. Rool, Shulk, Mach Rider, Takamaru, and Isaac.

Yeah, but such characters take time, and there are far more unique and outlandish choices than Toad.

Also Captain Falcon is basically a Power Ranger. Fox is an Arwing. Mario is basically Ryu. Luigi is Ken.

D

Deleted member

Correction.
Captain Falcon is basically a Kamen Rider. Lrn2tokusatsu.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Captain Falcon is Captain Falcon.

Accept no substitutes.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The 'WARNING: NEW CHALLENGER' banner, or whatever the hell it is, is gone for Marthy Marth. That was quick... Anyone know how long it was taken down after Sonic was revealed?
I think it was down after a week. It's pretty standard Marth's banner is gone by now. The banner doesn't really mean much though, since Sonic was announced while the banner was still up for Toon Link, so it seems that they just take it down whenever they feel like it should be taken down.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I think it was down after a week. It's pretty standard Marth's banner is gone by now. The banner doesn't really mean much though, since Sonic was announced while the banner was still up for Toon Link, so it seems that they just take it down whenever they feel like it should be taken down.
Very true.

Sonic was announced on the 1st, and I'm pretty sure it was taken down exactly a week later that following Tuesday. Marth's banner was taken down 8 days after his reveal.

To be completely honest, I am totally expecting a reveal this next week. I expect to see Zelda confirmed, but anything can happen (she's just the most likely). It's just too good to pass up revealing a character with three heavy-hitting titles on the 22.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
First off, I just want to say that this Mario Galaxy stage looks great, and I can't wait to see what can be done on it. I have my own opinions on the whole "Rosalina confirmed?" thing, but I'll keep that to myself, as there's no need to open that back up again.

Anyways, next week looks promising. With 3 game releases and the Melee anniversary on the 22nd, and the F-Zero anniversary on the 21st, we're bound to get something (assuming we don't get a repeat of the X/Y fiasco). Personally, I'd like to Captain Falcon over Zelda, but I'd be happy if either got revealed, and fine if anyone else got revealed. Just one thing I was curious about is, how big is Marth's role in Awakening. I noticed his page links there, but from what I understand (I've never actually played it, although I will when I get the chance) he isn't that important to the game. Could anyone confirm or deny this? I'm wondering because if he wasn't that important, we could get character reveals from new games even if the character isn't important in them.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
How about we not argue over these silly things related to what I've SAID, and talk about ME.

Or not really. I really want a newcomer some time relatively soon. I've had time to reorganize a speculatory roster and reorganize it several times. :p
I've got a feeling that the 20th character revealed on the site will be a newcomer and that it will be in the next Nintendo Direct or on December 11th, whichever comes first. If they use the same strategy as last time, the first newcomer since E3 will probably be a more obscure character so that there will be a decent amount of excitement for their reveal. Last time it was Ike who broke the silence and I think it was a smart move on their part to start with him.

Add in: Also, the 21st is Punch Out's anniversary, oddly enough, so there's the far flung chance that Little Mac could be revealed too.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
First off, I just want to say that this Mario Galaxy stage looks great, and I can't wait to see what can be done on it. I have my own opinions on the whole "Rosalina confirmed?" thing, but I'll keep that to myself, as there's no need to open that back up again.

Anyways, next week looks promising. With 3 game releases and the Melee anniversary on the 22nd, and the F-Zero anniversary on the 21st, we're bound to get something (assuming we don't get a repeat of the X/Y fiasco). Personally, I'd like to Captain Falcon over Zelda, but I'd be happy if either got revealed, and fine if anyone else got revealed. Just one thing I was curious about is, how big is Marth's role in Awakening. I noticed his page links there, but from what I understand (I've never actually played it, although I will when I get the chance) he isn't that important to the game. Could anyone confirm or deny this? I'm wondering because if he wasn't that important, we could get character reveals from new games even if the character isn't important in them.
No melee anniversary ist he 21st also f-zero anniversary like you said and punch out nes on the 21st as well and the 22nd the release of link between worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom