• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
If we're going to keep bringing up Mario characters, why don't we discuss a REAL character. Like Petey Piranha.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Captain Falcon will probably have more of a redesign than any of the other unrevealed 64 characters.

majora_787

Smash Hero
He didn't get redesigned at all. Just remodeled to fit Brawl's atmosphere just like the other 3.
I guess it depends on what you qualify as a redesign. I mean I guess if we want to be extremely picky about it we can sit here and say Link, Zelda, Sheik, and Ganondorf are the only character to get a redesign, and now Samus.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I guess it depends on what you qualify as a redesign. I mean I guess if we want to be extremely picky about it we can sit here and say Link, Zelda, Sheik, and Ganondorf are the only character to get a redesign, and now Samus.
Yeah, it would make much more sense looking at it that way.

If anything his texture is different, but I wouldn't consider that a redesign. When I think of redesign I think of those characters which you just pointed out which are based on their previous games. C. Falcon hasn't had a game since F-Zero GX and even then his suit was no different than it is now.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The only characters that got a obvious redesign are Samus and Marth, but at the same time varies characters do have more subtle changes to their design. Like Sonic having his mouth moved more to the side, Pit having bigger eyes and a less broad face, Olimar having a built in whistle, characters like Fox and Donkey Kong having more detailed fur, and so on.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
@Xenoblaze: There's a person on here with that exact same sig. As a matter of fact it's on the previous paige.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina's cooler, newer, stronger and more relevant than Toad...there, I said it.
I think the one thing working against Toad is that he's stuck in the shadows of his own species. Yes, he's been more important than Rosalina, but because a lot of Toads mimic his outfit colors, it's often hard to figure out which Toad is "the" Toad. But ever since the Toad Brigade captain entered the scene, that has helped us figure out what "the" Toad has been doing.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm not going to keep repeating the "Important / Iconic" thing. I'm just going to sit here with my "Petey Piranha 4 Smash" sign.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Qnything could happen next week

It could be captain falcon because of f-zero anniversary. Maybe zelda because of link between worlds

It could be litte mac punch out anniversary and that was one of the best nes games according to a few blog sites

Or maybe even a very random character or a newcomer trio for the super smash brothers melee anniversary on the 21st

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
I'm sure we're bound to get something soo-
Wait
We're BOUND to get something
EarthBOUND
I A MR SATUTN ON MY HEAD
MR SATURN IS A ITEM.
CHARIZARD WAS ALSO AN ITEM
CHARIZARD IS A DRAGON
Ridley Confirmed!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Wh-what? Why would you tell iam8bit to calm down? He asked a simple question about your opinion.
Exactly, I merely wanted Majora to tell us if he thought Rosalina was more important than Toad, because I think he's both more important and iconic.

Anywho, just to be clear, I wouldn't mind Rosalina being playable at all, I think she's cool. I just think Toad should be higher on the Mario priority list.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm sure we're bound to get something soo-
Wait
We're BOUND to get something
EarthBOUND
I A MR SATUTN ON MY HEAD
MR SATURN IS A ITEM.
CHARIZARD WAS ALSO AN ITEM
CHARIZARD IS A DRAGON
Ridley Confirmed!
Wait. You're not the Mr. Saturn in your avatar? My life is a lie. Here I thought you just had your own human.

EDIT: I feel Toad is significantly more iconic than Rosalina. However, I feel that Rosalina is more important, because I do not believe hundreds of appearances as a very minor character and occasionally a playable character actually add up to very much in the grand scheme of things.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I see that Bowser's redesign works as it's supposed to, since he's considered a whole different character than before :p
SSB4 Bowser is the real Bowser. We can call Melee and Brawl Bowser "Boozer" instead or something. That is what I'm thinking.

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
Wait. You're not the Mr. Saturn in your avatar? My life is a lie. Here I thought you just had your own human.

EDIT: I feel Toad is significantly more iconic than Rosalina. However, I feel that Rosalina is more important, because I do not believe hundreds of appearances as a very minor character and occasionally a playable character actually add up to very much in the grand scheme of things.
I agree with your logic, however I believe you are forgetting that Toad has had more significant roles than what Rosalina had in Super Mario Galaxy. Toad was a main playable character in Super Mario Bros. USA. Rosalina was a main side character in Galaxy. Toad was the main character overall of Wario's Woods. These two things alone surpass Rosalina's significance in Galaxy. Not to mention Mario really only needed Rosalina for her ship. The point of her ship was to point Mario in the next direction, eventually rescuing Peach. That's exactly what the Toads did in the very first Super Mario Bros., the only difference being that the Toads didn't supply the transportation. Rosalina's role isn't really that much more significant than the Toads in SMB1.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Well youtube isn't workin for me right now but judging by the thumbnail I'd say that is pretty good!

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Davinci just called me dude! He told me to tell you something for him. He was very specific. Hmm what was it again? Oh yeah..

I F*CKING HATE YOU!

majora_787

Smash Hero
I agree with your logic, however I believe you are forgetting that Toad has had more significant roles than what Rosalina had in Super Mario Galaxy. Toad was a main playable character in Super Mario Bros. USA. Rosalina was a main side character in Galaxy. Toad was the main character overall of Wario's Woods. These two things alone surpass Rosalina's significance in Galaxy. Not to mention Mario really only needed Rosalina for her ship. The point of her ship was to point Mario in the next direction, eventually rescuing Peach. That's exactly what the Toads did in the very first Super Mario Bros., the only difference being that the Toads didn't supply the transportation. Rosalina's role isn't really that much more significant than the Toads in SMB1.
I wouldn't get into the "Rosalina wasn't even necessary, they could have used ANYONE who had a ship" argument. Because when it comes down to it, Toad and almost everyone ever is negated by the same logic that they weren't NECESSARY, and anyone who can run, jump, break blocks, and pick stuff up will do just fine.

But yeah Toad is important, definitely moreso than say... Daisy and Waluigi by a pretty good amount. I wouldn't say he isn't important, but to go off on "He's easily more important than EVERYONE, just look at all the games he has ever been in" is kind of omitting some important details.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」

XD

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Funny cause he's dead.
But thanks. I am currently working on bowser.
Lol I'm aware. My phone has unlimited range. It can pick up calls from just about anywhere. As a matter of fact I just recieved a collect call from Lucifer himself just the other night. Told me to pay his bail. =p

Lemme know when Paper Bowser is finished so I can do a little comparison.

SD Grandmaster Hero

Smash Apprentice
Didn't know that. I don't know, both Falcon or Zelda would please me, I'm interested in their redesigns (even though Falcon probably won't have one...).
Eh.. Never really cared a lot for Zelda, though I am a fan of Shiek. Would still be happier with Falcon though. I too wouldn't think he'd get much of a redesign. He's always looked the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom