• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
No, because you play as Toad in it. Either way, he still has way more playable occurrences than Rosalina.
...You mean the two times that we could use Toads in NSMBWii and NSMBWiiU? Because the main games are all that really count for playability. And that still doesn't make much of a difference since it wasn't the usual iconic Toad and, as I stated earlier, they were just more Mario clones.

Seriously, give it up already. I've already told you, I'm standing by what I've said and I'm not changing from it. You going on any further from here just sounds like you're trying to force your thoughts on me as a fact and I'm just gonna keep rejecting you for it. XD

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
...You mean the two times that we could use Toads in NSMBWii and NSMBWiiU? Because the main games are all that really count for playability. And that still doesn't make much of a difference since it wasn't the usual iconic Toad and, as I stated earlier, they were just more Mario clones.

Seriously, give it up already. I've already told you, I'm standing by what I've said and I'm not changing from it. You going on any further from here just sounds like you're trying to force your thoughts on me as a fact and I'm just gonna keep rejecting you for it. XD
And the fact that he's playable in SMB2 and SM3DW, whereas Rosalina has been playable, y'know, once.

But okay, have fun living in denial that she's more important than someone who's been with the series since day one. :rolleyes:

Isn't Wario's Woods a spin-off title?
Yeah, but it's still one of his playable appearances is my point.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
And the fact that he's playable in SMB2 and SM3DW, whereas Rosalina has been playable, y'know, once.

But okay, have fun living in denial that she's more important than someone who's been with the series since day one. :rolleyes:
I forgot the USA SMB2 existed. Mainly cause it's too old for me to care about and I'm only talking about recent games. I stated earlier, I don't care about age. 3D World isn't even out yet, so I'm not counting that.

Seriously, now you're just acting like a pompous asshole of a nerd who thinks everything they say is right. You don't seem like a person anyone would want to listen to when you talk like that. XD

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
And comes the weekend where there are no pics and this thread becomes your regular debate thread...

majora_787

Smash Hero

Yeah, but it's still one of his playable appearances is my point.
I really think you are confusing iconic and important here.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And comes the weekend where there are no pics and this thread becomes your regular debate thread...
All in a day's work. I wouldn't be surprised if the Mario Galaxy conversations ended in a couple days. On the other hand, no one stopped bringing up Ridley topics after Pyrosphere was revealed.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I forgot the USA SMB2 existed. Mainly cause it's too old for me to care about and I'm only talking about recent games. I stated earlier, I don't care about age. 3D World isn't even out yet, so I'm not counting that.

Seriously, now you're just acting like a pompous ******* of a nerd who thinks everything they say is right. You don't seem like a person anyone would want to listen to when you talk like that. XD
If you don't care about age then you shouldn't care that the game is old, but okay. 3D World will be out in a week, so it should count for Smash representation.

You're correct, and I'm sorry. You're entitled to your opinion.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If you don't care about age then you shouldn't care that the game is old, but okay. 3D World will be out in a week, so it should count for Smash representation.

You're correct, and I'm sorry. You're entitled to your opinion.
...I feel like you didn't read any of my posts from before, so I'll try to make things more clear.

Just because something has been around for a long time does not make it any more important than anything recent or around for a shorter time as far as I'm concerned. You're talking to a Sonic fan that would hypothetically rather see Blaze the Cat appear in Smash before Tails, Knuckles or Shadow. XD

Hypothetically, people. Nobody burst up and start flaming or anything.

Anyway, it's alright. Point is, Rosalina or Toad, I'd be happy with either. :3

But I'll say this now, notice how you were quick to defend Toad who I wasn't negative about at all but hardly defended Bowser Jr. who I was blatantly negative about? At least your priorities are straight. ¦D

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I really think you are confusing iconic and important here.
Do you think Rosalina is important? Moreso than Toad?

Actually, he most likely does upload the pictures personally. His English postings are just translated from Japanese, he clearly doesn't post the English screenshots.
Or, he just writes what is to be posted in advance and someone else publishes it or it's uploaded automatically. :p

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
...I feel like you didn't read any of my posts from before, so I'll try to make things more clear.

Just because something has been around for a long time does not make it any more important than anything recent or around for a shorter time as far as I'm concerned. You're talking to a Sonic fan that would hypothetically rather see Blaze the Cat appear in Smash before Tails, Knuckles or Shadow. XD

Hypothetically, people. Nobody burst up and start flaming or anything.

Anyway, it's alright. Point is, Rosalina or Toad, I'd be happy with either. :3

But I'll say this now, notice how you were quick to defend Toad who I wasn't negative about at all but hardly defended Bowser Jr. who I was blatantly negative about? At least your priorities are straight. ¦D
Well, I disagree, but that's all right.

Yeah, well, I don't really give a crap about Bowser Jr. :p I don't want a single new Mario character (aside from Paper Mario, but I think he'd represent his own series, not the Mario series), but if I had to pick one, I'd pick Toad over anyone else. Although for the record, Bowser Jr. would be the next choice. Rosalina is way down the list for me. :awesome:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I feel that the Mario reps we have in the game all represent the history of Mario, where as a character like Rosalina would be a great way to showcase the new era of Mario.

Personally, I feel that the only way Toad would fit in Smash Bros. is if he showcased the spin of series by having a moveset based around Mario Party, Mario Kart and the Sports series. Just because he's older and has appeared more than Rosalina shouldn't give him an edge in this game.

I'd be happy with either option, as long as their moveset is unique.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Do you think Rosalina is important? Moreso than Toad?
Would you calm down? He's saying that the other person means that Toad is more iconic than Rosalina, which I can say is true. Like I said, he's a recurring mascot character of the Mario series.

Being iconic doesn't always mean being important, however. In the grand scheme of things, Toads have never been significantly important or even a focus in any game they've ever been in aside from maybe one obscure spinoff.

Rosalina, on the other hand, was pretty much the most important and focused on aspect of Galaxy 1 before she kind of vanished in Galaxy 2, and even then, she was constantly talked about and brought up there and would show up as a spirit and was even part of your reward for getting all of the stars in the game since you finally end up finding her.

Meanwhile, the Toads just gave Mario someone else to talk to other than Lumas or that giant purple guy in the swimming trunks. ¦D;

So as far as importance in a game, she has Toad beat by a long shot there. Clearly Miyamoto felt she was important enough to bring her into another new main series game, and she's also incredibly popular for multiple reasons, so that all already speaks volumes.

Toad is just recognizable and old. And there are multiple versions of him. And a cute female one, Toadette, who...kind of appeared out of nowhere. That's it. XD

Whether one is iconic, important or relevant aside, if there's anything Rosalina is moreso than Toad, it's interesting.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You know, I kind of wishthe galaxy stage was a complete circle, and Fox's lasers worked like they did in 64. It'd be pretty hilarious to just have laser shots circling all the way around the stage constantly while people jump over it.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
^ My thoughts on everybody's opposed opinion.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I mostly sit and defend characters who at least have a slim chance but people sit around and say have "no chance at all" and come off as part of the backlash for any newfound interest.

I mean even if Rosalina has less as an icon than toad, to say it is literally not feasible for her to end up on the playable roster is kind of unrealistic. That's literally saying she is as likely as Goku.

Same with other characters like Sylux, or Owain, or Tingle, or what have you.

Of course, what I think SHOULD never happen is unrelated. :p

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I mostly sit and defend characters who at least have a slim chance but people sit around and say have "no chance at all" and come off as part of the backlash for any newfound interest.

I mean even if Rosalina has less as an icon than toad, to say it is literally not feasible for her to end up on the playable roster is kind of unrealistic. That's literally saying she is as likely as Goku.

Same with other characters like Sylux, or Owain, or Tingle, or what have you.

Of course, what I think SHOULD never happen is unrelated. :p

I'm with you on this. One of my pet peeves is when people simply say 'no' to a character appearing in this game. We have no idea what Sakurai will do, and who he believes is relevant or important. He's proven to us before that his opinion on characters differs from the general public.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm with you on this. One of my pet peeves is when people simply say 'no' to a character appearing in this game. We have no idea what Sakurai will do, and who he believes is relevant or important. He's proven to us before that his opinion on characters differs from the general public.
I still remember the official statement that deconfirmed Villager because he never fought in his own series and would be out of place in the smash series. :p

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I'm fine with someone saying "no" and making it clear that it's just because they don't want it. That's fine.

If they're saying "no" because of some weird head-canon laws they've made in their head about how one character is more important than another or more iconic and therefore has higher priority, I call bull**** immediately and stand eternally defiant.

Which is why I don't want Pac-Man or Little Mac in this game at all now, when before, I wouldn't have really cared either way. Their mouth foaming supporters have ruined it for me. XD

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm fine with someone saying "no" and making it clear that it's just because they don't want it. That's fine.

If they're saying "no" because of some weird head-canon laws they've made in their head about how one character is more important than another or more iconic and therefore has higher priority, I call bull**** immediately and stand eternally defiant.

Which is why I don't want Pac-Man or Little Mac in this game at all now, when before, I wouldn't have really cared either way. Their mouth foaming supporters have ruined it for me. XD

Ah yes, of course! I should have been more clear - if it's well argued and thought out that's fine. But if it's just 'no that's stupid' then I rage at my screen.

Haha I agree, there are characters I used to want in this game, but now don't, just so some of their more ignorant supporters don't get the satisfaction! How spiteful of me...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ah yes, of course! I should have been more clear - if it's well argued and thought out that's fine. But if it's just 'no that's stupid' then I rage at my screen.

Haha I agree, there are characters I used to want in this game, but now don't, just so some of their more ignorant supporters don't get the satisfaction! How spiteful of me...

*Looks at Little Mac Supporter list.*

*Sees MaskO'Gears*

..I'm not foaming at the mouth.. :p :troll:

But in all reality, you'd like a decent character to not get in, just because you'd like to see the fans suffer.

Thank God either of you are not Sakurai.

And to quote Wave: XD

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

*Sees MaskO'Gears*

But in all reality, you'd like a decent character to not get in, just because you'd like to see the fans suffer.

I see you like the refer to yourself int he third person. ¦D

And he said he wanted them not to get in because he wants people to suffer. I just don't want them because I wasn't interested in them to begin with, I don't feel they're even slightly "decent" choices, and now because people like you are absolutely insufferable and made the whole idea of it even more unappealing than it already was.

And I'm glad I'm not Sakurai either. I pity anyone who would want to be that lunatic. XD

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

*Sees MaskO'Gears*

I exaggerating to show how I feel about being attacked about my opinions on character choice. I'm not some psycho with a Ridley voodoo doll ;)

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
I'll still go with Toad considering in terms of significance he has Rosalina's Galaxy relevance beat with his Super Mario USA relevance, and that's all that Rosalina really has going for her. It's a major side character vs. a major PLAYABLE side character. With everything else you can bring up from Rosalina, Toad has a more significant counterpart, and even then some. My opinion on the matter is that Toad is both more iconic and significant than Rosalina, unless Rosalina is going to have a more prominent role in the next 3D Mario Adventure, which could have Rosalina beat him out in terms of significance.

I'd also like to take the opportunity to explain why Toon Link is pretty much a necessity. Toon Link is THE Link. As in, the original. Toon Link actually represents the vast majority of games, while the older Link only represents Zelda II, OoT, TP, & SS. The older incarnation was only chosen to represent OoT for Smash 64, considering OoT Link would be the most recognized. It would turn out that from this point that the type of Link in Smash 64 would continue to be used in the console Zeldas, and the kid version would mainly stick to handhelds. So, what to do for Melee? Give people older Link, the newer incarnation that would be more recognized, not cause confusion but fail to represent the series as a whole? Or young Link, the original incarnation that would now cause mass confusion & hate, but would properly represent the series? The fix was both.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I am pretty sure Toon Link is designed to represent FS, FSA, Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and maybe Spirit Tracks.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Would you calm down? He's saying that the other person means that Toad is more iconic than Rosalina, which I can say is true. Like I said, he's a recurring mascot character of the Mario series.
Wh-what? Why would you tell iam8bit to calm down? He asked a simple question about your opinion. It couldn't have been any more calm. That's like if I said "hey wave what do you think Pac man's chances are, I'm just curious" and you told me to calm down. And then you told him that you're talking about importance not iconicness, which is what he just said. Competely irregardless of the conversation going on here, I'm legitimately baffled and curious here, I don't understand why you would reply to that post with that response. D: Did you quote the wrong post?

Anyways, about the actual subject being discussed, was Rosalina really important in Galaxy? I barely even noticed she existed when I played through. She provided some exposition and then I went on my merry goomba slaughtering way. I guess you could say she's central to the plot(or arguably central to a tangential plot about universal salvation while the main plot remains Mario fight Bowser save Peach), but how important does being central to the plot really make you in a Mario game, where the plot is downplayed?

majora_787

Smash Hero
He's got an alt. costume that represents the original Link, but I agree, Tink is the modern, comedic Link.
Oh, right. I forgot but I know which one you mean.

I'm still surprised they didn't use Link Between Worlds Link. I mean by the looks of it, Toon Link doesn't exactly add much more than he did before, so it would've just been a matter of using the newest handheld Link or not.

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
In model yes, but model aside, he's also representing the original Zelda (hence his alternate color from that game), ALTTP, LA, OoA, OoS, MC, & ALBW. They're all different incarnations, but they're similar types of incarnations, and Toon Link obviously represents them more than older Link, older Link can't really represent them at all.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Anyways, about the actual subject being discussed, was Rosalina really important in Galaxy? I barely even noticed she existed when I played through. She provided some exposition and then I went on my merry goomba slaughtering way. I guess you could say she's central to the plot(or arguably central to a tangential plot about universal salvation while the main plot remains Mario fight Bowser save Peach), but how important does being central to the plot really make you in a Mario game, where the plot is downplayed?

That's a good point - but wouldn't that make Peach and Bowser both plot devices in a game where the plot doesn't matter? You see her more than you see Peach.

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
I think the reason ALBW Link wasn't chosen was because of WW HD, Sakurai seems to favor console incarnations when available and relevant. I would've preferred ALBW Link though.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I forgot I wasn't on Gamefaqs and almost expected that post to become "Why Toad is actually more important than Rosalina in Super Mario Galaxy".

But really. The conversation about plot importance in a mario game is kind of a short one. I don't know what there is to be said on the matter. It's literally always the same unless it's Super Mario Land or the Paper Mario series. And in Sticker Star and Paper Mario 1 it's actually still the same.

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
That's a good point - but wouldn't that make Peach and Bowser both plot devices in a game where the plot doesn't matter? You see her more than you see Peach.

Well yeah, but Peach has her own game, and was a major playable character in Super Mario RPG along with Bowser.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Bowser, no. Bowser has is important not just as part of the plot. He's also the final boss, and if we assume the focus is on gameplay, not plot, he's still very important as the final test of skills for the player, and the showdown with him is what the whole game is leading up to.

Peach I'd agree is incredibly unimportant in Galaxy. Less important than Rosalina, Bowser jr., Toad, Kamek, pretty much everyone. She's basically an afterthought. But just being more important than peach doesn't necessarily mean Rosalina is important in the grand scheme of things(I realize the irony of that statement when Rosalina is all about the grand scheme of things).

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Wh-what? Why would you tell iam8bit to calm down? He asked a simple question about your opinion. It couldn't have been any more calm. That's like if I said "hey wave what do you think Pac man's chances are, I'm just curious" and you told me to calm down. And then you told him that you're talking about importance not iconicness, which is what he just said. Competely irregardless of the conversation going on here, I'm legitimately baffled and curious here, I don't understand why you would reply to that post with that response. D: Did you quote the wrong post?
...Are you BLIND? XD

Majora first said that about him mixing up iconic and important. Not iam8bit or me. If you saw how he italicized "is", it should be obvious as to why I said that, especially since the second part seemed like a precursor to an explosion of "No! You're wrong and insane!"

What are you even looking at? Seriously, let this whole discussion die already. XD;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom