• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I can't help but laugh and snicker at these silly people trying to overplay Toad and Bowser Jr. in terms of importance considering how horribly unimportant an useless one is and how absolutely hated the other one is. Then even acting like they're absolutely guaranteed even though there is absolutely NOTHING to actually back up such claims. THEN are butthurt because other people don't want the same thing as them and are hyped for Rosalina instead due to all the many many things recently supporting her chances of being in the game instead as if they're scared that it's absolutely gonna happen! For her and Waluigi! "How dare someone want something else that we don't want!?"; Seriously? XD

Nintendo fans are silly people. ¦D

Just to add on to the numbers, I'd gladly take Rosalina and Waluigi over Toad and Bowser Jr. Then again, even with that, I'd rather have Toad over Bowser Jr. as well. Especially if Blue Toad the Troll Toad is an alt color or the main one. Don't see anything interesting that a Toad could do in Smash, though. Meanwhile, there's tons of things Rosalina and Waluigi can do.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Looking at the two pictures, the airship is in two different positions, meaning it moves about in the background. Not very important, just something I noticed

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I find it hilarious that you can think Rosalina is more important than Toad.
I don't understand how anyone can think Toad is "important" at all. The most he's done in the main games is tell you that a Princess is in another castle, give you mail and blabber on in unintelligible gibberish. XD

Or be just another couple of Mario clone in the New series. Nice to see 3D World (very very) slightly tweaks that a bit, though. I've always liked Toad since I was a kid cause of his adorable mushroom head, but to this day, there's not a single thing about him I see as being "important".

Or is this the incredibly silly "it's important because it's old" thing? Cause I have not a single care for nostalgia and no automatic respect for anything retro or ancient. So maybe that's why I don't get it.

But even then, that still doesn't explain Bowser Jr. who is just the ****ty Scrappy character of the series. ¦D;

majora_787

Smash Hero
My view on newcomers is generally that..

Bowser Jr. > Rosalina > Toad > Daisy > Waluigi > Geno, more or less in terms of prominence in the main series. Recurring antagonist, recurring major side character and occasional playable character, massively recurring side/background character and sometimes playable character, one-time side character and spinoff character, spinoff exclusive character, and lastly character that Nintendo does not even have the rights to.

And on top of that, I don't think we actually need another Mario character. I don't feel like Bowser Jr. or Rosalina add nearly enough as characters for me to change my mind on that. If we were talking about what. Petey Piranha, who I'd place between Bowser Jr. and Rosalina? With five boss appearances in recent main mario games and a host of spinoff occurances aside, he's also a character I could see adding something new to the roster.

But it's unlikely, and the Mario series kind of has plenty as it sits anyway.

Also, the Galaxy stage's gravity probably makes it my new favorite stage in Smash Bros. altogether as a series. That's really all there is to say about that.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I don't understand how anyone can think Toad is "important" at all. The most he's done in the main games is tell you that a Princess is in another castle, give you mail and blabber on in unintelligible gibberish. XD

Or be just another couple of Mario clone in the New series. Nice to see 3D World (very very) slightly tweaks that a bit, though. I've always liked Toad since I was a kid cause of his adorable mushroom head, but to this day, there's not a single thing about him I see as being "important".

Or is this the incredibly silly "it's important because it's old" thing? Cause I have not a single care for nostalgia and no automatic respect for anything retro or ancient. So maybe that's why I don't get it.

But even then, that still doesn't explain Bowser Jr. who is just the ****ty Scrappy character of the series. ¦D;
He's been around since the first game in the series? He had his own game, he was one of the playable choices in Mario 2, and he's playable in SM3DW. Plus the NSMB games, when they could have picked Peach or Daisy or Wario or lots of characters, but went with Toads. He's been in every Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario sports game in one form or another. He's definitely a staple of the Mario series, much more so than Rosalina, who has been in six games, counting two unreleased ones.

Bowser Jr. is quickly becoming a staple antagonist as well, and is often playable in the sports or party games. Like it or not, he's also far more important than Rosalina, and I'd say more so than Waluigi too, because he actually exists in the main games.

Waluigi is about as important as, say, Daisy (that is to say, not at all).

EDIT: By the way, I don't want a single one of these characters, but some are simply more important than others if we're getting a Mario newcomer.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
When I think of Toad I think of dog sh*t on the sole of my shoe that follows me everywhere.

Sign the Waluigi petition!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I find it hilarious that you can think Rosalina is more important than Toad.
Truthfully, Toad does outrank Rosalina, and the Toad that Peach uses may just be a generic Toad, or Mushroom Retainer. Still, Rosalina is far from being out of the question with the recent Mario Galaxy references.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Truthfully, Toad does outrank Rosalina, and the Toad that Peach uses may just be a generic Toad, or Mushroom Retainer. Still, Rosalina is far from being out of the question with the recent Mario Galaxy references.
I don't think anyone's saying she's impossible. The only thing I think we're arguing is who's more important.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
What are peoples' opinions on Gooey here?
Interesting idea, but I'd rather have Bandana Dee as a fourth Kirby character.

True, but I hardly think she warrants playable character status just yet.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
I'm down with paper mario but wouldn't want Dr. mario as well. I played the doc a lot in melee but the thought of 3 marios is too much imo.
I, despite hating Mario as a character, really want to see the Doc in. There is so much you can do with him, beyond making him be a stupid clone.
To me it seems like even Sakurai has forgotten about the poor fella'. I don't see any reason why he'd make it in these days.
The 20th Anniversary Dream Collection had both of the games that he is in, and he was a trophy in Melee.
I honestly think he has a lot more creative potential than BD, though Kirby does too, and we saw how that turned out...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
He's been around since the first game in the series? He had his own game, he was one of the playable choices in Mario 2, and he's playable in SM3DW. Plus the NSMB games, when they could have picked Peach or Daisy or Wario or lots of characters, but went with Toads. He's been in every Mario Kart, Mario Party, Mario sports game in one form or another. He's definitely a staple of the Mario series, much more so than Rosalina, who has been in six games, counting two unreleased ones.

Bowser Jr. is quickly becoming a staple antagonist as well, and is often playable in the sports or party games. Like it or not, he's also far more important than Rosalina, and I'd say more so than Waluigi too, because he actually exists in the main games.

EDIT: By the way, I don't want a single one of these characters, but some are simply more important than others if we're getting a Mario newcomer.
Toad is just an over-glorified convenient mascot of the series. Just like Yoshi who is nothing more than an item outside of his own games. The two or three it has, anyway. Don't try to make Toad sound so important. It just comes off as forced and silly. Kind of like Bowser Jr.'s very existence beyond Sunshine.

Seriously, they just shoehorned him in with the Koopalings like it was a natural thing.

Also, I don't know where I was when Toad got his own game, but seeing as I've never heard of it, it must not have done very well. XD

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
Yoshi's actually been in 5 of his own games with 2 more on the way, and it's not that toad is an extremely relevant or significant character or anything, it's just that he's more relevant AND significant than Rosalina. There's no argument about that, the real question here would be what are Sakurai's opinions on the matter? That's truly what will determine who gets the spot.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Do you guys think Sakurai has these pics on reserve, or do you think he takes them the day of the upload...? Not that there's anything wrong with either way
My guess is they're scheduled weeks in advance, so we're actually not seeing the absolute current state of the game.

Also, I'm sure he doesn't PERSONALLY upload the pictures (as some seem to believe), just chooses them.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Toad is just an over-glorified convenient mascot of the series. Just like Yoshi who is nothing more than an item outside of his own games. The two or three it has, anyway. Don't try to make Toad sound so important. It just comes off as forced and silly. Kind of like Bowser Jr.'s very existence beyond Sunshine.

Seriously, they just shoehorned him in with the Koopalings like it was a natural thing.

Also, I don't know where I was when Toad got his own game, but seeing as I've never heard of it, it must not have done very well. XD
It was called Wario's Woods. I believe it was on the NES, but it may have been on the GB.

I personally far prefer Bowser Jr. to the Koopalings.

And Toad, while certainly not the most important character, is considerably more so than Rosalina. Arguing that point is just silly.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It was called Wario's Woods. I believe it was on the NES, but it may have been on the GB.

I personally far prefer Bowser Jr. to the Koopalings.

And Toad, while certainly not the most important character, is considerably more so than Rosalina. Arguing that point is just silly.
If it's called "Wario's Woods", wouldn't it be Wario's game? ¦D; That explains why I've never heard of it, though. Obscure handheld title. Not important.

Considering Rosalina is significantly more useful than any Mario side-character outside of Luigi or Yoshi, and even has her own actual back-story with some minor character development throughout Galaxy during said story sections (Which might as well be considered non-canon along with the entirety of Galaxy 1 at this point. Thanks a lot, Galaxy 2. Piece of crap reboot. >_> ), I find Rosalina far more important and relevant than Toad who has done...well, nothing of significant value at all and wouldn't be missed at all if he vanished along with Bowser Jr. This coming from someone who likes Toad as one of their favorite recurring mascots of the series. Nothing of value would be lost, honestly. Not that I want it to happen for Toad, though. Bowser Jr. can just die off and drown in his own mediocrity, though. XD

I'm standing by what I've said and will not say otherwise. I'll take Rosalina and even the eternally entertaining yet obscure Waluigi over Toad, but I'll gladly take Toad over Bowser Jr. He can stay out as far as I'm concerned.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
I actually prefer for the four reps a franchise thing to stay. Therefore, I personally want to see Waluigi put into the Wario franchise (giving 2 Wario reps) and the Mario franchise can stay Toad-less with Peach keeping her Toad attack. I may sound negative or old-fashioned, but I feel it's more organized this way. Those are my preferences anyway.

majora_787

Smash Hero
How do we quantify how many appearances as a minor background character equate to one appearance as a major side character?

Calling Toad iconic, classic, and relevant to the series wouldn't be wrong. But I don't think important is actually very accurate.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
To be fair though Toad is pretty famous in the mainstream, I know a bunch of people who know and like Toad even though they never play Mario games. Pretty much like Yoshi.

Rosalina... She's still pretty obscure.

majora_787

Smash Hero
To be fair though Toad is pretty famous in the mainstream, I know a bunch of people who know and like Toad even though they never play Mario games. Pretty much like Yoshi.

Rosalina... She's still pretty obscure.
I'm sure Toad is more known to everyone, even though I guess how obscure Rosalina is depends on how known Super Mario Galaxy is. But yeah.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Actually, Waluigi has less history in the main Mario games, because Daisy at least was the damsel in distress in Mario Land.

Oh, and agreed on everything about Toad. :colorful:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I still would really rather we keep different versions of existing characters to an absolute minimum. Toon Link and Zero Suit Samus is already more than I'd like.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I still would really rather we keep different versions of existing characters to an absolute minimum. Toon Link and Zero Suit Samus is already more than I'd like.
ZSS is fine since she plays differently from Samus and is a rather decent character.

Toon Link is just pointless while at the same time is better than the real Link and makes HIM pointless as well.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Considering Rosalina is significantly more useful than any Mario side-character outside of Luigi or Yoshi, and even has her own actual back-story with some minor character development throughout Galaxy during said story sections
Did you just refer 'back-story' to a Mario game? I mean don't get me wrong, she's a cool galactic princess, but story is hardly a pre-requisite for characters to be relevant and important, let alone be above Tod or Junior Bowsey

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Did you just refer 'back-story' to a Mario game? I mean don't get me wrong, she's a cool galactic princess, but story is hardly a pre-requisite for characters to be relevant and important, let alone be above Tod or Junior Bowsey
...That's so bad I can't even make fun of it. Just...what? Is those typos? Or just terrible nicknames? XD;

Hello.

Smash Cadet
My guess is they're scheduled weeks in advance, so we're actually not seeing the absolute current state of the game.

Also, I'm sure he doesn't PERSONALLY upload the pictures (as some seem to believe), just chooses them.
Actually, he most likely does upload the pictures personally. His English postings are just translated from Japanese, he clearly doesn't post the English screenshots.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
If it's called "Wario's Woods", wouldn't it be Wario's game? ¦D; That explains why I've never heard of it, though. Obscure handheld title. Not important.

Considering Rosalina is significantly more useful than any Mario side-character outside of Luigi or Yoshi, and even has her own actual back-story with some minor character development throughout Galaxy during said story sections (Which might as well be considered non-canon along with the entirety of Galaxy 1 at this point. Thanks a lot, Galaxy 2. Piece of crap reboot. >_> ), I find Rosalina far more important and relevant than Toad who has done...well, nothing of significant value at all and wouldn't be missed at all if he vanished along with Bowser Jr. This coming from someone who likes Toad as one of their favorite recurring mascots of the series. Nothing of value would be lost, honestly. Not that I want it to happen for Toad, though. Bowser Jr. can just die off and drown in his own mediocrity, though. XD

I'm standing by what I've said and will not say otherwise. I'll take Rosalina and even the eternally entertaining yet obscure Waluigi over Toad, but I'll gladly take Toad over Bowser Jr. He can stay out as far as I'm concerned.
No, because you play as Toad in it. Either way, he still has way more playable occurrences than Rosalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom