• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
For probably the same reason we probably won't see a new Mario cartoon or a movie: the ones that were made left a dark mark on their respective series. Nintendo is very likely apprehensive about allowing their properties to be used like that again. Pokemon would be exempt from such a policy as The Pokemon Company is the one that handles all of the Pokemon properties.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
For probably the same reason we probably won't see a new Mario cartoon or a movie: the ones that were made left a dark mark on their respective series. Nintendo is very likely apprehensive about allowing their properties to be used like that again. Pokemon would be exempt from such a policy as The Pokemon Company is the one that handles all of the Pokemon properties.

I thought the Mario cartoons did alright.
A bit off topic, but I wouldn't mind a Metroid movie. Only problem is for that to happen Samus needs a bit more character but people seem to get butthurt when she's not a cold empty shell.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Who wouldn't want a TV series to advertise their game? That I do not understand.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
A bit off topic, but I wouldn't mind a Metroid movie. Only problem is for that to happen Samus needs a bit more character but people seem to get butthurt when she's not a cold empty shell.
People mostly get upset when she's portrayed as an idiot, actually.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well if a movie was made, they'd have to do what they have to do and people would just have to get over it.

I don't know what they'd make a movie based off though. I'd hope the Prime Trilogy.

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
It's time I share the fanfic I wrote back when I was in middle school. One of the fanfics was for Metroid which was not a terrible fanfic but it just made no sense because I was so young when I wrote it. The other fanfic I made based on a Nintendo character was a Kirby fanfic. And it wasn't really even a fanfic it was an idea for a Kirby feature film!

The synopsis went like this. In our world scary and horrifying movies are becoming more and more common, because of this children's minds are being subjected to nightmares, and those nightmares are creating monsters that are invading Dreamworld. Now only Kirby can stop the flow of nightmares the children are having because they watch too many scary movies. Kirby has defeated eNeMe but combating a terror such as the scary movie industry will be his biggest adventure yet!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't know what they'd make a movie based off though. I'd hope the Prime Trilogy.
I'd like it to have stuff from the Manga, like Samus' origin. So long as they keep it close enough to the games' plots than the story should be alright (I hope).

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
The Kirby anime had 100 episodes and a movie.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Nah. I think it's more of the fact that people don't like it when Samus is afraid of the most re-occuring boss monster in the franchise, and feels like she needs to seek approval of someone else, being unable to do anything on her own. Making her lines monotone didn't help either.
Whereas just about everyone assumed that she was just some badass stoic bounty hunter.

Giving a character a personality is something that has to be handled with care. The games hinted at what it was supposed to be, Other M totally ignored it. In otherwords, Link from his show, V.2.0.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'd like it to have stuff from the Manga, like Samus' origin. So long as they keep it close enough to the games' plots than the story should be alright (I hope).
Oh true. There is that.

And the article is interesting. But I find it amusing that they say Pokemon Trainer is "No problem for the Wii" but an issue for the 3DS. I am pretty sure Sakurai meant simultaneous characters, such as Olimar and Ice Climbers.

I'd also like to see Blaziken and Zoroark, but I just don't see those happening.

EDIT: Considering Metroid chronology, I don't see why people get so worked up over Samus being surprised by Ridley's appearance. She kind of annihilated Ridley and the Space Pirates on a pretty permanent scale after Super Metroid, and the only reason Ridley happened again at all was because the Galactic Federation didn't even realize that they accidentally cloned him. The first person to even realize they cloned Ridley back into living was Samus, in a "Ridley is here to kill you again" situation. While Other M may have been melodramatic about it to a point, it's not nearly as bad as people tend to act like.

And Samus' weird attitude toward Adam was a thing in the cringe-inducing Metroid Fusion. That's also nothing I feel the need to pick at in particular. I know this isn't necessarily the thread for this, but it bugs me when people nitpick about the issues Other M didn't actually have as if they are its only issues and single handedly ruin the game, instead of looking at the issues it did have.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
There are just too many Pokemon candidates to choose from at this point. Just thinking of who will be cut and who won't makes my head spin.

majora_787

Smash Hero
There are just too many Pokemon candidates to choose from at this point. Just thinking of who will be cut and who won't makes my head spin.
I just keep it simple and assume that Lucario is either going to hang out with Mewtwo or be cut by Mewtwo. There really is too much Pokemons taking place.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Especially with Mega Evolutions making older Pokemon prominent again. I use to think Lucario would be cut, now I think he's likely to return.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I just keep it simple and assume that Lucario is either going to hang out with Mewtwo or be cut by Mewtwo. There really is too much Pokemons taking place.
They are both similar yet very different. Though if I had to choose just one it would be Mewtwo. Wasn't to fond of Lucario and I'm sure anyone else would agree Mewtwo>Lucario.

Especially with Mega Evolutions making older Pokemon prominent again. I use to think Lucario would be cut, now I think he's likely to return.
I like tat they did that, showing they care about them. However I'm also pretty upset since now it makes things that much harder for Sakurai to choose.

Btw I freakin hate Mewtwo's new forms. Ehh so ugly. His awakened for looks like a fetus.

majora_787

Smash Hero
They are both similar yet very different. Though if I had to choose just one it would be Mewtwo. Wasn't to fond of Lucario and I'm sure anyone else would agree Mewtwo>Lucario.
I don't want Lucario cut, I'd rather have them both. But I'm just assuming there will be cuts, and Lucario seems like one of the most likely anymore.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I don't want Lucario cut, I'd rather have them both. But I'm just assuming there will be cuts, and Lucario seems like one of the most likely anymore.
Yeah, can't really see him coming back. Idk why.. just can't see it.

Now Raichu on the other hand :troll:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Btw I freakin hate Mewtwo's new forms. Ehh so ugly. His awakened for looks like a fetus.

You must hate Mew.
I don't mind his Y form, but I don't really like his X form. If Mewtwo returned, I kinda hope Mewtwo can change into either Mega Evolution at will and each one has different strengths and weaknesses. Mewtwo X can have stronger physical attacks and attack speed, Mewtwo Y can have stronger special attacks and greater range and normal Mewtwo can be a balance between the two.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I like Lucario a lot more than Mewtwo. However, Mewtwo has a lot more going for him, and he should be in before Lucario. I'd be happy to see them both in the game though.

I just wonder, if they brought Mewtwo back, do you think he'll be redone in anyways? Both casually and competitively I've always heard people say that Mewtwo wasn't all that great.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
The Kirby anime had 100 episodes and a movie.
Ah, yeah. I forgot about Kirby of the Stars for a moment. If I recall, Masahiro Sakurai had a lot of involvement with the series as well. A lot of its music was used in Kirby Air Ride.

In any case, my dream is that we one day will get a Super Smash Bros. anime series, so hopefully Nintendo will find an appropriate venue for future endeavors. Just keep away from 4Kids. :p

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
You must hate Mew.
I don't mind his Y form, but I don't really like his X form. If Mewtwo returned, I kinda hope Mewtwo can change into either Mega Evolution at will and each one has different strengths and weaknesses. Mewtwo X can have stronger physical attacks and attack speed, Mewtwo Y can have stronger special attacks and greater range and normal Mewtwo can be a balance between the two.
Are u sh*tting me!?!?

Mewtwo is my favorite Pokemon in the entire series. Other than charmeleon lol don't ask why. I just don't like his X and Y forms. I'd rather he retain his original form from melee.

majora_787

Smash Hero
You must hate Mew.
I thought I was the only one who thought Y was okay and X was kind of bad.

I would hope that he comes back similar to his melee iteration mostly with balance tweaks, and he gets based off his Y iteration, since it is more true to his psychic nature as opposed to X's more fighting-type direction. But that's just me.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just wonder, if they brought Mewtwo back, do you think he'll be redone in anyways? Both casually and competitively I've always heard people say that Mewtwo wasn't all that great.

Mewtwo needs weight. He was too light for his size. He can keep his floatiness but needs a faster falling speed.
His moves also need rethinking. Confusion needs to reflect properly and disable either needs to go or get better range.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Ah, yeah. I forgot about Kirby of the Stars for a moment. If I recall, Masahiro Sakurai had a lot of involvement with the series as well. A lot of its music was used in Kirby Air Ride.

In any case, my dream is that we one day will get a Super Smash Bros. anime series, so hopefully Nintendo will find an appropriate venue for future endeavors. Just keep away from 4Kids. :p
Captain N says hello. :troll:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I like Lucario a lot more than Mewtwo. However, Mewtwo has a lot more going for him, and he should be in before Lucario. I'd be happy to see them both in the game though.

Yeah Mewtwo does have a lot going for him at this point, nd yes he was pretty much low teir in melee but some players like Taj and M2K actually make him look decent enough. I just hope that if he is included for smash he won't be as bad.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Are u sh*tting me!?!?

Mewtwo is my favorite Pokemon in the entire series. Other than charmeleon lol don't ask why. I just don't like his X and Y forms. I'd rather he retain his original form from melee.
I said :151: not :150:
You dislike Mewtwo Y because it looks like a fetus, but Mew is based of an embryo.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Captain N says hello. :troll:
Personally, I never saw much of Captain N, but it's oddly coincidental that Pit and Mega Man are both in Smash 4 now. Could this mean that Snake will be cut and replaced by Simon Belmont to be Konami's rep? And does this make Game Boy the retro WTF character? :troll:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
No crap.

Also I said I don't like the form. I said nothing about hating Mewtwo in general. Don't get it twisted.
It's just that I read your post as if I had said you hate Mewtwo.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
So, um... anyway... about that new Mario Galaxy stage... I really hope that in place of typical blast zones, the stage has black holes like in the Galaxy games and characters that get knocked near enough get sucked in and lose a stock.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Nope I don't hate MewTwo. Case closed :)

I do however despise a certain character but I won't say who bcuz flame war.

..*cough*Ridley*cough*
That's how you start a flame war :troll:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I hoped the Galaxy Stage would just be entirely spherical, but that probably isn't the case. Oh well.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
http://myanimelist.net/anime/15133/Aoi_Sekai_no_Chuushin_de

As far as I know, probably the closest thing we have to a Super Smash Bros. anime. Unfortunately, it's pretty bad.

But yeah, I'd really love a proper Super Smash anime... Ah, these pipe dreams. Though, I'd be overjoyed if they make some anime shorts, like what they did in Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Aaand, I wouldn't mind if we get some more screenshots of that Galaxy stage. It's really starting to grow on me now lol.

majora_787

Smash Hero
We had one before it was even revealed, and we got two at once. I bet we'll be seeing plenty more of it now.

EDIT: I mean the stage would be spherical and not walk-off, so players would be able to go all the way around the stage in both directions and would have to knock each other into space with the weird gravity. That was what I hoped for.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice

You realize that a SSB anime would essentially be Naruto Part One, but with Nintendo characters and less blood, right?
Can't wait to watch Captain Falcon become a Splendid Ninja.
(btw, CP's anime was just as successful as Kirby's, and Kirby of the Stars failed, it was Kirby: Right Back at Ya! that did good, unless those two are the same thing.)

Networker1

Smash Journeyman
You realize that a SSB anime would essentially be Naruto Part One, but with Nintendo characters and less blood, right?
Can't wait to watch Captain Falcon become a Splendid Ninja.
(btw, CP's anime was just as successful as Kirby's, and Kirby of the Stars failed, it was Kirby: Right Back at Ya! that did good, unless those two are the same thing.)
They are, Kirby: Right back at ya! Was just Kirby of the stars (Kabii no Hashii in Japanese spelling, if memory serves) with English voice acting... and no cussing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom