• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I didn't call you a *****. I said you were ********. Which you were. See, it's another word for "whining," which is all you were doing. And I have the right to say whatever I feel like, so don't you dare tell me what I have no right to do. Besides, I stated a fact (you're whining), and you responded with an actual insult (calling me a freak). So just don't.

The game is coming out in months at the earliest. There's no reason to be revealing everything right now, and that's a fact. If you really feel this entitled to something new on a super-regular basis, from something totally optional Sakurai doesn't have to do at all and most developers don't...I don't know what to tell you. We'll get **** when we get it, and your whining won't change that one bit. If not getting constantly wonderful updates is actively making you less excited for the game, that's just sad.

We may be in a drought now, but that's fine. Did you expect after getting three characters in a row we'd keep that pace? The updates will get better and more frequent as we get closer to the game's launch, and there'll be at least a couple months of consistent coverage, when it actually matters. Learn some patience and stop being so spoiled. This isn't just directed at you, it's directed at everyone in this thread who's complaining about crappy pictures.

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413
Oh look, more Toon Link. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh look, more Toon Link. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Stop whining and b****ing you b****y whiner, learn patience from a good, virtuous person like me, because I clearly possess it. How else would I be capable of typing out multiple paragraphs lecturing someone like you about your objectively wrong approach to these pics??

In other news, guys, wait until you read the Japanese translation for this caption before assuming it references whatever beast you want in the game, and even then, recognize Sakurai's propensity for trolling through such a statement, as he does through these consciously crappy pics in general.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I didn't call you a *****. I said you were *****ing. Which you were.
No, I was listing what is in all likelihood in the game. The fact you read it as that shows you have no reading comprehension, which tells me you either didn't read my post, English isn't your first language, you are tired or ill or on medications that effect your thinking during your last two posts and thus have made two posts that don't accurately reflect who you are, or that you have reading comprehension issues and you thus "what we have here is failure to communicate."

If any of those is the case, there is nothing wrong with that (well, except you not reading my post. That would just be dumb). Just ask by what I mean by various things or asking me to further explain something instead of assuming things that I didn't even mention is what I meant.

The fact that several of you (Swamp and KingOfPhantoms included) liked his last post and haven't liked mine (despite its' points and lack of insults) makes me question the education system, what you are really here to on this thread to do, or whether or not you guys just want a fight/to see people trash talk.

Because if you want me to go full blown Chael Sonnen "Anderson Silva, you absolutely suck" mode, which if I have to do it, we'll do it live!
See, it's another word for "whining," which is all you were doing.
No, I was stating facts. The fact of the matter is we're going to probably going to get more of everything that Brawl, including music, stages, characters, items, AT characters, Pokéball Pokémon, NPC characters, stickers, trophies, game modes, online options/content, etc.

In all likelihood we're gonna have well over 1,000 combined trophies and stickers. Why not show one=??? We'll likely get at least 250 songs. Why not reveal one song a week=??? We've gotten several songs confirmed thus far. Why not give us a preview of them=????

Why is it wrong to ask for one of these vague good things to be shown=??? Like seriously, why=??? The fans (aka the consumers) are the ones who buy and thus ultimately fund these games, and which companies live and which companies die with their almighty money.
And I have the right to say whatever I feel like, so don't you dare tell me what I have no right to do.
You can say whatever you want, but I can respond however I like. So can Smash Boards, hence why you can expect a warning for your needless insults.
Besides, I stated a fact (you're whining), and you responded with an actual insult (calling me a freak). So just don't.
It's not a fact, because that wasn't what I was doing. I was giving a thoughtful, not emotional debate points about marketing on why bad Dojo updates are bad for business and how to reverse this trend. Then you came in with your angry emotion and insulted me. We have a word for that. It is called "whining."
If you really feel this entitled to something new on a super-regular basis, from something totally optional Sakurai doesn't have to do at all and most developers don't...I don't know what to tell you.
This isn't optional, this is promotion. If Nintendo doesn't properly promote this game they are funding, it won't sell as well if he properly did. If this game doesn't sell that well or draw that well, the Wii U goes into a bigger hole. If the Wii U fails, Nintendo could begin a path to their doom. Those are all things that happens when you don't properly promote. It's a fact of business and marketing. It is a basic point of business. If your customer base has no reason to care, they won't.

The point of the Dojo is to draw us into these Nintendo universes with Smash at the epicenter every week day in order to garner hype for these games, with these 2 forthcoming Smash games being the ultimate payoff at the end.
Learn some patience and stop being so spoiled.
You make terrible assumptions on terrible premonitions from either your terrible reading comprehension or lack of thereof reading, which would be even more terrible.

Either you aren't bothering to read my posts at all, you are just looking for a fight, or you don't know how to read my posts. If the latter is the case, that is fine, and we can continue to converse with this behind us. Ask for help from myself (and hopefully others), and you shall receive it.

If the first point is the case, then wise up, and read someone's post before you quote it. If the second point is the case, then trust me, then you are in a fight you can't win. If the last point is the case, then ask questions, be proactive, and try to learn people's posting styles, and we can fix that problem, and make this a fight you can't lose.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Stop whining and b****ing you b****y whiner, learn patience from a good, virtuous person like me, because I clearly possess it. How else would I be capable of typing out multiple paragraphs lecturing someone like you about your objectively wrong approach to these pics??

In other news, guys, wait until you read the Japanese translation for this caption before assuming it references whatever beast you want in the game, and even then, recognize Sakurai's propensity for trolling through such a statement, as he does through these consciously crappy pics in general.
This is dramatic irony children.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay. We get your point but...

Isn't that just as immature?
People are entitled to that opinion. Frankly, I've had it with people sanctimoniously spewing sludge about how anyone who dares have a less-than-glowing opinion about these "gifts from God" is a spoiled whiner who needs to be taught lessons about patience (from them, no doubt). I think I've stated my case on the matter rationally a page or so back, and to find my complaint simplified down to me being 'greedy and spoiled' is irksome, much moreso when the simplification is mass 'liked' by a herd with an eye for expletive-laden put-downs, not open discussion.

Swampasaur said:
This is dramatic irony children.
Don't forget verbal irony!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well, that was a boring picture. Getting tired of seeing the Links now, too. Especially Toon Link.

The Year of Luigi is almost over. We need more Weegee. D:

Swap the word amazing with "bland", "subpar" or "meh" and this will be much more accurate. ¦D

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
People are entitled to that opinion. Frankly, I've had it with people sanctimoniously spewing sludge about how anyone who dares have a less-than-glowing opinion about these "gifts from God" is a spoiled whiner who needs to be taught lessons about patience (from them, no doubt).
What's funny is we're arguing over 2 updates ago, seeing as how the last 2 have at least have some potential for major (future) implications.

Let's just be honest and say the promotion thus far hasn't been up to par of the 2nd Dojo, despite having way more material. This is perhaps more a reality because of the unique situation these 2 games are in (the crew has no idea when they'll be done, and from what I hear from reliable people with reliable sources, they're still experimenting a lottttttt with things and these 2 games aren't anywhere near completion), but still, you think eventually they'll get better fillers like trophies, stickers, and music mixed in.

It seems I can't win any of these debates. Either I'm wrong for even assuming that a game that on the website says "Planned Release: 2014" I think will likely be a 2015 release, or I'm wrong for saying that these updates for a 2014 released game are underwhelming given the content that is left to be shown.

At least in Brawl we had half as many games coming out, and probably about 1/6th the content (not counting the Subspace Unnecessary).

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
"Is it just me or do I smell something beastly...?" - Daily Picture
A beast... a beast...? What if it's... the Beast?
The Beast... is also referred to as the Anti-Christ.
The Anti-Christ is the Beast. The Mark of the Beast is 666.
666 sounds like Sakurai.

Sakurai confirmed to work for Satan.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
666 sounds like Sakurai.

Satan you say=???

Does that mean that Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U and Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS are Xbox One exclusive titles=??? :rotfl:

NitrusVirus

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0361-6571-8413

1. No.
2. At least you arent pretentious at all.
3. I made waffles so Im content.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Hmm I'm rather curious which direction Sakurai is headed, I'm pretty clueless in what/who will be revealled next. Any major gaming events coming up or releasse dates from big 1st party games?

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
Isn't it a fundamental human right to identity s*** as s***? Now I'm not saying we're entitled to more revealing updates or that we should spend all of our time bickering about how subjectively terrible the pics are, but none of this changes the fact that there are loads of less significant aspects of the game that we haven't seen which would only give people less of a reason to bicker and more of a reason to be hype for the game. It is what is, man.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Guys...wanting something from Sakurai isn't being 'spoiled' or 'impatient'. But with these pictures, he might as well not do anything...this game is supposed to be better than Brawl because that's the natural evolution of the series (Yes, I do prefer Brawl over Melee) and it should look better than Brawl already. The Smash Bros. Dojo kept everyone really interested and hyped for the game since it updated almost every day with a piece of music, a stage, a game mode, a character. etc.

Teasing Ridley and then just nothing: Failure.
Not doing anything special for the 100th pic of the day: Failure.
Choosing Windy Hill over something relevant as Sonic's home stage: Failure.
Removing story cutscenes: Failure.
And NOT DOING A DOJO-STYLED SITE: Total Failure.

The only really awesome design choices Sakurai has made for this game have been the two HIGHLY-REQUESTED newcomers (Sakurai listening to the fans!? Travesty!) the very cool and unexpected Wii Fit Trainer and the Pilotwings stage, and we barely have details of them because we just get ridiculous pictures that are slowly killing all the hype for the game.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
I think it's fair to speculate Ganon and Wolf to be revealed tomorrow

But we could also have a new Pokemon Trainer with the legendary beasts. :troll:

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
No, I was listing what is in all likelihood in the game. The fact you read it as that shows you have no reading comprehension, which tells me you either didn't read my post, English isn't your first language, you are tired or ill or on medications that effect your thinking during your last two posts and thus have made two posts that don't accurately reflect who you are, or that you have reading comprehension issues and you thus "what we have here is failure to communicate."
Word of advice. If your going to talk someone out of being angry at you try to sound understanding about it and say something like "sorry you took it that way but that is not what I meant". The fact that you sound like a douche in that post rather than a peacekeeper just says your the problem too.

I was really hoping the caption would be "What does the Fox say?"

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
Somebody sounding like a douche is different than causing a problem by being a douche. I completely agree with John in his argument, and if the only real issue with what he said is how he said it and not actually about the information in his post that was relevant to the topic, then John sounding like a douche is far from enough for me to change my opinion on the matter. Pretty much, Bowser, my advice to you would be to not accuse people of being the problem based off of a subjective off-topic opinion of a subjective on-topic opinion, although I do agree with your advice, you just...came off like a douche.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai has stated he wouldn't reveal as much information on the game as he did with Brawl. Is this a surprise?

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
, Bowser, my advice to you would be to not accuse people of being the problem based off of a subjective off-topic opinion of a subjective on-topic opinion,

You seriously gave me a mind**** with that quote and proved me wrong at the same time. But this reminds me of that one mad tv comedy skit where everyone is in the news room and they are all talking and there is text scrolling across the bottom of the screen saying this guy is a douchebag and this guy is a douchebag. My memory of that comedy skit I saw year's ago is vague but I still remember bits of it... kinda.

I swear there is not one witty thing to talk about today regarding the pic of the day though. Sakurai you are being really bland... Sorry but you are!

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
If there's anything to be learned from that skit, it's that we're all douchebags haha.

These updates are bland enough for me to start writing a complete chronological update list for every revealed character & stage, as well as detailing each update with the information of being a picture, cg or game play video, down to the specifics of what characters took place where. It's pretty on topic here so I suppose I can post it when I'm done. Yeah, this is how I decided to keep my hype in check while Sakurai slowly swings away at it with a pick axe. Oh, and before somebody quotes me, no, this is not me complaining. This is me stating reason.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And there's probably over 400 songs; why not just reveal like one every week with a 30 second demo like in the 2nd Brawl Dojo=??? Seriously, we don't even know what the main theme for these games really sounds like. In the 1st Brawl Dojo, we had the main theme on the front page.
Is it really that important?

That was back when no one used the internet. "War has changed."
But the point still stands that they have done significantly less in the past and people weren't actively cutting their wrists over it. As mentioned, even with eye rollingingly corny updates, this is still better than Brawl's initial reveal schedule. There's still plenty of time to show more (especially with such a vague release date) so I don't understand why people are treating the current situation as some sort of high treason against the fans.

Nintendo has next to no involvement with the updates. The only thing they do with Smash Bros anymore is fund it. After these 2 games, over half of the smash games will have been developed primarily by 3rd party companies.
With no money you don't have a game and Sakurai has made it well known that Nintendo offers a ton of resources to help with the games aside from developers tinkering away. Just look at the credits of any Smash game to see the huge amount of people the Smash team has as consultants for even the most minor of details.

I guess 3D canon Mario, DKC (hint: DKC is probably a more reliable seller than Zelda thesedays), and Wii Fit don't exist anymore.
Super Mario 3D World is iffy even if it is a Mario game. Hype for it has been mild and a lot of people are still skeptical. Will it sell? Of course but even as a launch title New Super Mario Bros Wii U didn't pull near the numbers they thought it would. It will move consoles but it's well known that significantly more people will be buying the Will U JUST for Smash in comparison to NSMB3DW. DKTF is questionable too. Some people argue that DKCR mostly did well because the Wii did so insanely well. It sold a lot of copies but it's debatable whether it moved consoles too. Again, the nature of the beast is different. Wii Fit will probably be a case of lightening not striking in the same place twice. The original sold a lot but, then again, so did the initial Kinect and Eye Toy games before they quickly lost their appeal and started to stuff the shelves of gaming pawn shops. Mario Kart and SSB4 are the games that people have seen as system sellers since they were announced and nobody would be surprised if they end up selling really well, like in the case of Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD.

"Things are slow" is the motto of the 8th generation of gaming. Sony and Microsoft have it worst, but at least they have the wherewithal to hype up their games and products.
It's not like Nintendo isn't doing anything at all when it comes to Smash. We've already had two Nintendo Directs were Smash was tied into them despite not having a definitive release date yet.

I guess Sony is stupid for having Square Enix show off Kingdom Hearts III guys. Let's only hype stuff that comes out next month, folks!!! It's not like GTA V's epic trailer released almost a year before the game's launch helped it sell over 29 million copies in just under 6 weeks, or more non-packaged copies of any Nintendo produced game.

Nope. Clearly Nintendo hyping up the next Pokémon a year in advance was stupid. Yep. No one bought Mario Galaxy after years of hype. Yep.
KHIII isn't being promoted daily and neither were Pokemon, GTAV, or the Mario Galaxy games. The situation isn't the same. It should also be noted that SSB4 and KHIII have had the same number of trailers since E3 and that, in comparison, SSB4 has shown off considerably more information in this time frame. If I recall, the Mario Galaxy games had two main trailers each and two playable demos before release so, in this since, SSB4 isn't nearly as far behind as you imply. Pokemon's not the same either because, until about mid August this year, they'd show off something about once every 2-3 months and then stay dead silent inbetween. Also, Pokemon prerelease stage was about 10 months with most of the noteworthy stuff not gushing out until roughly 3 months before release. SSB4 is currently at 4 1/2. Again, I understand it being hard to wait for new stuff but the situation isn't nearly as dire as people are implying.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
As for the picture how are you guys so possitive that when sakurai said i smell a beast hes not refering to fox behind toon link

And as for halloween tomorrow its the drum roll has started for finaly getting the 4th newcomer and thats the mii but maybe some other character hes unpredictable

TheWhiteBowser

Smash Ace
Is it really that important?

But the point still stands that they have done significantly less in the past and people weren't actively cutting their wrists over it. As mentioned, even with eye rollingingly corny updates, this is still better than Brawl's initial reveal schedule. There's still plenty of time to show more (especially with such a vague release date) so I don't understand why people are treating the current situation as some sort of high treason against the fans.

With no money you don't have a game and Sakurai has made it well known that Nintendo offers a ton of resources to help with the games aside from developers tinkering away. Just look at the credits of any Smash game to see the huge amount of people the Smash team has as consultants for even the most minor of details.

Super Mario 3D World is iffy even if it is a Mario game. Hype for it has been mild and a lot of people are still skeptical. Will it sell? Of course but even as a launch title New Super Mario Bros Wii U didn't pull near the numbers they thought it would. It will move consoles but it's well known that significantly more people will be buying the Will U JUST for Smash in comparison to NSMB3DW. DKTF is questionable too. Some people argue that DKCR mostly did well because the Wii did so insanely well. It sold a lot of copies but it's debatable whether it moved consoles too. Again, the nature of the beast is different. Wii Fit will probably be a case of lightening not striking in the same place twice. The original sold a lot but, then again, so did the initial Kinect and Eye Toy games before they quickly lost their appeal and started to stuff the shelves of gaming pawn shops. Mario Kart and SSB4 are the games that people have seen as system sellers since they were announced and nobody would be surprised if they end up selling really well, like in the case of Pikmin 3 and Wind Waker HD.

It's not like Nintendo isn't doing anything at all when it comes to Smash. We've already had two Nintendo Directs were Smash was tied into them despite not having a definitive release date yet.

KHIII isn't being promoted daily and neither were Pokemon, GTAV, or the Mario Galaxy games. The situation isn't the same. It should also be noted that SSB4 and KHIII have had the same number of trailers since E3 and that, in comparison, SSB4 has shown off considerably more information in this time frame. If I recall, the Mario Galaxy games had two main trailers each and two playable demos before release so, in this since, SSB4 isn't nearly as far behind as you imply. Pokemon's not the same either because, until about mid August this year, they'd show off something about once every 2-3 months and then stay dead silent inbetween. Also, Pokemon prerelease stage was about 10 months with most of the noteworthy stuff not gushing out until roughly 3 months before release. SSB4 is currently at 4 1/2. Again, I understand it being hard to wait for new stuff but the situation isn't nearly as dire as people are implying.

How old are you? And do you take pride in proving people wrong because you took the time to disprove like 6 comments. Seriously I'm starting to wonder if you're a mod in disguise...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
666 sounds like Sakurai.

Devil confirmed!!!

..seriously, Fox could be that beast. I mean, imagine Fox in real life. :p
Fox was also a beast in SSB64 and Melee.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Word of advice. If your going to talk someone out of being angry at you try to sound understanding about it and say something like "sorry you took it that way but that is not what I meant". The fact that you sound like a douche in that post rather than a peacekeeper just says your the problem too.
I didn't come across as a douche, and the fact that you accused me of that is rather disappointing.

I came across as someone who is trying to figure out the problem with why he can't seem to get that I'm talking in a matter-of-fact tone with no real emotion.

I want to put any dispute he has with me aside so I can fix the problem.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
btw, Toon Link reveals are among my bottom 3 favorite ones. -.-

+9000: Newcomer
+4x (X depends on the character revealed): Returning Veteran
+3: Megaman
+2: Sonic
+1: Samus
/ Other Veterans + Wii Fit Trainer - Samus
-3 Toon Link
-2 Villager
-1 Olimar

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm gonna have to side with Johnknight on this one.

I'm more than thankful that Sakurai is taking time to give us daily photo updates.

But that doesn't change the fact that most of these updates are quite frankly utter **** especially when compared to the Brawl dojo.

Its like someone promising to give you free food every day for the rest of your life, but all you're getting is crap that nobody wants to eat like leftover tofu or something.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
JohnKnight and WhiteBowser, there's no need to be lashing at one another. Just relax and try to keep this thread on-topic and maintain a friendly environment. If you really have further grievances, please take it to private messages. Thank you.

On topic: A holloween picture would be cool, but I'd be genuinely surprised to see a new-comer or anything. Maybe a 'spooky' stage of some sort, like Luigi's Mansion (3ds)

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
So, potential Wolf reveal tomorrow? It would be absolutely perfect for Halloween, plus, the caption for today's picture would serve as a great tease, especially with Fox also being in the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom