• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
I hate these pictures but love them at the same time.
It's great that we are getting visuals for this game, but a lot of them are pretty dull.

HOWEVER, I prefer it this way. It keeps the game more fresh for when I get my hands on it.
People that complain that every picture isn't something knew are whiney self intitled brats.
It's god damn October. People who are expecting Sakurai to pump out new characters and info every day are setting themselves up for disappointment.
We still have at least a year before this game comes out.
Just relax.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I always make sure to put some hype in all of yall, especially when Sakurai lets the hype go to waste with these kinds of pictures. You guys are so lucky you got me. :D
Indeed. Here's to hoping your color slot is still available for Bowser in Smash 4. Especially since it's one of my favs. ¦D

Pretend time.
No one else is asking, so I guess I will.

If you don't mind answering...Um...What? What do you mean? O_o'

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I agree with PikaJew. It's not the end of the world... even if Sakurai likes to be a bit Trollish.

But realize He's not trying to be mean or annoy, he's just posting goofy pictures and hinting that he knows the fans want more. Calm yourselves... patience is a virtue. :)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I agree with PikaJew. It's not the end of the world... even if Sakurai likes to be a bit Trollish.

But realize He's not trying to be mean or annoy, he's just posting goofy pictures and hinting that he knows the fans want more. Calm yourselves... patience is a virtue. :)
Patience is overrated. ¦D

And Sakurai isn't as much of a troll as people make him out to be anyway. Well, not a good one, anyway.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
People would be better off if their expectations are dragging on the floor for the rest of the year. I don't foresee any major updates for the rest of this month, November will probably be Zelda and maybe a new stage, and December will probably be a Mario stage for the Wii U and maybe another veteran. Anything beyond this will come off to me as a complete and total surprise.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
To anyone thinking we're not entitled to any newcomers yet...please die :c
Sakurai should've revealed at least a newcomer by now...or at least a newcome-backer? (Mewtwo)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sakurai should've revealed at least a newcomer by now...or at least a newcome-backer? (Mewtwo)

We're not "entitled" to jack squat. For Brawl we had to wait 6 months to see another veteran after the initial E3 trailer and then another 6 for daily updates. Last time we had to wait a year and three months before our first newcomer and chances are we'll probably see our first newcomer by the spring of 2014 so I don't even want to hear it...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We're not entitled to anything.

Don't act so spoiled.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Keep in mind, Sakurai doesn't have to show us anything. He can just do like pretty much any other developer and withhold any information at all and not reveal anything until a certain date. He primarily releases these screenshots just for fun and to give the fans a tiny little something to look at as they wait for the game. Occasionally he will show us something new but most of all, it's just a little something he does during his lunch break so no. We are not entitled to anything as Swampasaur and Fatmanonince said.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Pretty much what Kikwi, Swamp, and Fatmanonice said. It's a bit spoiled. Besides, there's really nothing Sakurai can promote, unless he reveals Pac-Man or the Miis this week due to their respective games, which I have to doubt. Just be glad he's being consistent with his updates, unlike his sporadic behavior in pre-Brawl.

It's been almost a month, so I expect something to be seen in the next week or so, but nothing is truly concrete. We may just wait until late November to see Zelda, for example, or Captain Falcon (I'm open for either of these two possibilities). But I'm not particularly desperate for reveal pictures, as the ones we have seen recently are pretty comical and hype-building.

By the way, love the new Toon Link/Link picture. It's nice he's making them a bit more different.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Pretty much what Kikwi, Swamp, and Fatmanonice said. It's a bit spoiled. Besides, there's really nothing Sakurai can promote, unless he reveals Pac-Man or the Miis this week due to their respective games, which I have to doubt. Just be glad he's being consistent with his updates, unlike his sporadic behavior in pre-Brawl.

It's been almost a month, so I expect something to be seen in the next week or so, but nothing is truly concrete. We may just wait until late November to see Zelda, for example, or Captain Falcon (I'm open for either of these two possibilities). But I'm not particularly desperate for reveal pictures, as the ones we have seen recently are pretty comical and hype-building.

By the way, love the new Toon Link/Link picture. It's nice he's making them a bit more different.
Not to mention the art style of the game. BEAUTIFUL.

yoonb

Smash Journeyman
Just a quick question I have for y'all. If Pac-Man isn't revealed tomorrow, would you feel as optimistic about as his chances as you do now or would that change?

kidwitdaface

Smash Cadet
Just a quick question I have for y'all. If Pac-Man isn't revealed tomorrow, would you feel as optimistic about as his chances as you do now or would that change?
I would feel just as optimistic as I do now, and will remain as is until he's proven not in the game after the release. I just can't see them missing this opportunity, especially considering it's not even like this would be the first time Pac-Man has been seen with Mario.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Am I the only one who wishes they made a new type of Super Smash Bros. Mojo? I remember that from the pre-Brawl days and it was funny as heck. I'd love to look at that during our droughts (not that I don't appreciate the pic of the day).

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I never felt optimistic about Pac Man's chance. I don't think he has much of one and I don't even want him in the game.

Hypothetically, if I did want him in and felt optimistic about it, I probably wouldn't change after that date. I firmly believe newcomers won't be shown until next year. As I have said before, three (popular and controversial) newcomers in a single day this far away from release would be really strange.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
My prediction for him would not change. He could either be revealed tomorrow or be held off to produce hype, and both of these possibilities seem like likely solutions. If we do not see Pac-Man tomorrow, I wouldn't be all that surprised, but still believe he has a shot. (This is coming from someone who doesn't truly care about Pac-Man in the game, but will still be screaming gleefully if he gets in)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I was gonna say "inb4 users berate the users dissatisfied with the current pics because they'd prefer something better than Luigi picking his nose," but it seems I'm a bit late...For the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, (hopefully?) most people who complain about the pics are well aware of the less palatable alternative of nothing at all; I get it, it has happened and could have happened again. When Sakurai makes the decision to release pics with the unspoken promise of giving us a taste of a game in development, however, it's entirely understandable to feel disappointment when that taste is tantalizingly withheld in favor of blatant bull****, e.g. the WFT running a marathon, or Mega Man and Pikachu posing cutely, or Kirby overlapping with Samus' head.

I don't think anyone sensible is asking for a newcomer (much less multiple ones), or even for anything more substantive than pics of the day at this point...ultimately, it's to the game's benefit that more time be spent on its development than on lengthy DOJO posts explaining Meta Knight's special moves multiple times or informing us that we must recover. That said, the DOJO provided (mostly) legitimate each day, oftentimes about stages, items, character moves, or miscellaneous material with nuances requiring explanation. Since these nuances could easily be spread out over multiple quality photos, yet remain more informative than what we're getting without 'ruining the game' for people (who selfishly insist that, if they don't want to know about the game, no one should know about the game), the bitterness about such an easy step up not being taken is entirely justified.

tl;dr Save the pics of Fox baring his teeth for those post-release user submission days, post pics that grant us the tidbits we were led to believe we'd get.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I would stick with 40% chance if not revealed tomorrow besides any character can be revealed anytime (besides pac man has 2 chances in November is the 3ds version comes out in November)

and if Zelda is revealed early just like sonic im going to bet little mac gets revealed on the 21st (not real money)

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well, Sakurai never said he'd give us pictures about developmental features/additions. He never promised giving us stages or characters or new gameplay mechanics. All he said was he would show pictures, and that's what he's been doing. Granted, he has shown characters/stages/items/new gameplay mechanics, but that's just him showing it. He never promised he would frequently show us something new and unique.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Well, Sakurai never said he'd give us pictures about developmental features/additions. He never promised giving us stages or characters or new gameplay mechanics. All he said was he would show pictures, and that's what he's been doing. Granted, he has shown characters/stages/items/new gameplay mechanics, but that's just him showing it. He never promised he would frequently show us something new and unique.
I understand this, hence my use of the phrase 'unspoken promise.' Sakurai is cognizant of what makes for a lousy Smash pic (hence him putting up Kirby and Olimar coexisting as a placeholder before Luigi's reveal), and what sparks excitement, or even has the potential to spark excitement despite not seeming inherently new or unique (an empty hole comprising a fraction of the background on a single stage). When a fair few of the photos did feature new tidbits to discuss (much less when more of the earlier pics featured said tidbits), I think it's little more than petty trolling to throw up shots of Villager picking Luigi's nose when the vast majority of those visiting the site neither expect nor want that. Not to mention, it would be the easiest thing to post something better (Villager hitting Luigi out of the ground, for example, thus confirming that pitfalls don't render characters immune to knockback).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So, I mentioned earlier that I thought nothing special was going to happen for the rest of this month but then I remembered something... something happens this Thursday that could potentially trigger the first stage of the Butthurt Apocalypse... Brace yourselves and hold your children close... Thursday might break the forums... *imagines Sakurai's face blocking out the sun to this piece* Sakurai... the Bringer of Flame Wars... we may soon know his wrath...

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
It's like people have already forgotten that we average 1 character reveal a month

I believe it's because we saw Peach, Toon Link and Sonic so close together people's expectations are higher. It's not disappointing, it's just Sakurai being his usual self with quirky pictures which do nothing too special but reveal the game. It has been a month since we saw Sonic, but it was more than that until we saw Olimar or Luigi in-between. We're just so hyped up nowadays.

I'd like to see a new character soon (Ness, Lucas, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch, Yoshi or Wario seem like the best options to me) or a new stage, but I think we won't see anything new until after Halloween.

Oh, by the way: Happy Early Halloween! Carved this tonight, pretty proud of it!

(It's Oogie Boogie from Nightmare Before Christmas, if it wasn't obvious. Thank you, KingofPhantoms47, for giving a last-minute idea for a pumpkin without knowing!)​

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Hm, you beat me to it. I'm not fond of the picture, even though we do need more 3DS pics.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, at least today's update shows something. *shrugs*
It's like people have already forgotten that we average 1 character reveal a month
If that averages continues and both games come out in December of 2014, we'll have 31 confirmed characters before the game's release tops, or in other words, at most 4 more than we had pre-launch revealed in Brawl, 2 more if you count Ness and Marth in the opening, or 0 more if you count that plus the Lucario and Jigglypuff leak.

That's not a very enticing number IMO. I'd say somewhere around the total of Brawl's roster is better to show at the very least.
We're not "entitled" to jack squat.
And Nintendo's not entitled to our money, and we are not entitled to give our time to this.

Give us good updates or I'm leaving this hype train and I won't pay attention until E3 2014/a new Dojo, just like what I did with Brawl.

Seriously, we've probably got a few dozen game modes to show, loads of gameplay mechanics (which we have gotten, but we can still get more), loads of online content to show, a final smashes to show per each of the 17 confirmed characters (we've only seen 2 thus far in either game [Samus and Sonic]), several moves not shown for confirmed characters (specifically the newcomers or any move changes), 30-something playable characters to show, 40-50 or so stages left to show, 70-ish combined Pokéball Pokémon and Assist Trophy characters combined to show, over 400 songs to show, over 600 trophies to show, and over 800 stickers to show.

Oh, and video of gameplay (since Sakurai claims to play many matches a day during his lunch break).

Giving us some of that isn't going to kill anybody, so please, get off Sakurai's d**k and just say that he could do a better job and show more.

Honestly, you guys overrated Sakurai to high hell. If he was such a great game designer... Br-I'm not going there with that game.

Alright, the fact that Sakurai is phoning in pictures is lame, and not seeing much gameplay kinda sucks, but, I feel like if you are complaining about what you are getting, you literally have nothing better to do with your time. It is what it is.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And Nintendo's not entitled to our money, and we are not entitled to give our time to this.
No one claimed they were. Neither the consumer or the producer are entitled to anything.

Giving us some of that isn't going to kill anybody, so please, get off Sakurai's d**k and just say that he could do a better job and show more.
There's a difference between saying that he could do better and acting like we're entitled to groundbreaking things every day. That's what we're getting at. Everyone agrees that these updates are kinda lame. But whining and moaning about it isn't gonna solve anything.

Honestly, you guys overrated Sakurai to high hell. If he was such a great game designer... Br-I'm not going there with that game.
Please go there. My curiosity is piqued.

I WANNA SEE THE CARNAGE!!!

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wonder if it's actually gonna be called "New Mushroomy Kingdom."

This game is tightly under wraps, I guess to build suspense? It's working to an extent. I'm sure Sakurai is going to slowly pour information about the game during Nintendo press releases or a direct or whatever the f*ck Nintendo decides to do. It's smart; a proverbial tap on the shoulder to Nintendo customers who own a system or perhaps want one in the future. Marketing man. In the mean time find something else to pique your unquenchable curiosity. Read, or if you're a homeopathic medicine enthusiast like myself, put one in the air. Draw some **** I dunno, there is much more to do than follow Smash, unless its a huge leak or something.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Was someone claiming either of those things were true...?

Give us good updates or I'm leaving this hype train and I won't pay attention until E3 2014/a new Dojo, just like what I did with Brawl.
Boo hoo and good riddance.

Yeah, he could. But he's not obligated to. This entire thing is optional, and most games don't get this treatment. So there's no reason to whine and moan and ***** about something he's doing for fun. The whole Smash community is made up of jackasses who were spoiled on the last game's dev cycle and now think they're entitled to getting everything they want. Maybe these pictures could be better. But there was never any agreement or indication that they'd be used to reveal new things on a regular basis, nor does Sakurai have any obligation to do so. He's doing this because he wants to. Don't like it? Stop paying attention. Then there's no reason for you to ***** about nonexistent issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom