• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (Closed for its successor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I feel you. Was what Gamefreak said true, or was it just a rumor? But yeah, Mewtwo is just what I really want. I'm gonna look up anniversaries and releases this year and see what could happen... all I need is Mewtwo and Zelda, and then I'm set.... maybe Lucas...
I believe someone looked at Sakurai's Japanese Miiverse post when he showed the image of Pikachu and Xerneas and he said something along the lines that he wasn't allowed to reveal anything related to Pokemon and X and Y. Or something along those lines I guess.... Ask some of the guys here who know more about it. :/

Morbi

Scavenger
It's not... sorry Bro. :(
That is honestly not good news for me, that just sounds like a waste of development time. I don't understand why they don't make more home console games for Pokemon. They get bad reviews because they practically purposefully exclude certain features or modes. I assume they use the bad reviews and pitiful sales as an excuse to not develop more. However, they make these Pokemon spin-off games constantly. I am a HUGE Pokemon fan, I have been since Pokemon was debut. I have never purchased any of these weird puzzle/spin-off titles. I have no idea who does, like I mentioned before, I am a HUGE Pokemon fan. I buy both versions of each game and then some. I buy all of the main console entries, I used to collect the cards/toys when I was little. However, I will NEVER buy such a horrible game just because it has the Pokemon label attached to it. I am not sure what Pokemon fan would, it just promotes developing horrid games like this.

I could be wrong. The Pikachu could match your face and then you go on an RPG adventure with a custom Pikachu. Haha.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Pfft, you may be a pokemon fan but you'll never be a true pokemon master if you can't beat pokemon puzzle league on s-hard. :denzel:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You people realize that's just a programming screen and not the final game right?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
That is honestly not good news for me, that just sounds like a waste of development time. I don't understand why they don't make more home console games for Pokemon. They get bad reviews because they practically purposefully exclude certain features or modes. I assume they use the bad reviews and pitiful sales as an excuse to not develop more. However, they make these Pokemon spin-off games constantly. I am a HUGE Pokemon fan, I have been since Pokemon was debut. I have never purchased any of these weird puzzle/spin-off titles. I have no idea who does, like I mentioned before, I am a HUGE Pokemon fan. I buy both versions of each game and then some. I buy all of the main console entries, I used to collect the cards/toys when I was little. However, I will NEVER buy such a horrible game just because it has the Pokemon label attached to it. I am not sure what Pokemon fan would, it just promotes developing horrid games like this.

I could be wrong. The Pikachu could match your face and then you go on an RPG adventure with a custom Pikachu. Haha.
Eh, as much as I'm in the same place as you (Pokémon fan since Red & Blue, wanting to see more console titles) I don't really care. It's just a cheap way to cash in on the name Pikachu, and we know all companies of that scale does **** like that. It's not really a waste of development time, considering they can't spend it much elsewhere, they can't have thousands of people work on Pokémon Z/X2/Y2/whatever, and if they aren't planning a console title, then it's not wasted development time considering they don't even plan to do it. I don't really enjoy many spin-offs either, in fact, the only spin-off series I enjoy is the Mystery Dungeon one until they ****ed it up at Gates of Infinity, but these Pikachu ones just reek of badness, because they're really just made to steal little Jimmy's mom's money. All companies of such a scale would do this, it's common business.

Actually, come to think of it, I don't really see the point in making another Colosseum/BR since the handheld games are 3D now. That was the cool thing about those games, seeing your Pokémon in a new dimension. That's kind of gone now, and what appeal would they have now? Give us some better graphics? That's not going to sell me a game alone.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Hmm, the new Pikachu game is being officially announced tomorrow. Maybe there will be a character announced soon. I doubt it, but you never know. Sakurai has been tying in the last 5 veterans into big things, be it directs, games, or anniversaries. I expect something soon.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hmm, the new Pikachu game is being officially announced tomorrow. Maybe there will be a character announced soon. I doubt it, but you never know. Sakurai has been tying in the last 5 veterans into big things, be it directs, games, or anniversaries. I expect something soon.
Only 1 way that sakurai will announce a pokemon character for the pikachu game and thats if mewtwo or jigglypuff is in it (but really either one would be for x and y )

By the way tuesday momment of truth for pac man since his game does not come out in japan and namco is helping him with ssb4 ( and even if pac man does not get announced still possible until not shown in the final roster)

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Actually, come to think of it, I don't really see the point in making another Colosseum/BR since the handheld games are 3D now. That was the cool thing about those games, seeing your Pokémon in a new dimension. That's kind of gone now, and what appeal would they have now? Give us some better graphics? That's not going to sell me a game alone.
Better graphics, and more detailed/individual animations for individual moves. Weird alternate game-types are also nice.

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
Only 1 way that sakurai will announce a pokemon character for the pikachu game and thats if mewtwo or jigglypuff is in it (but really either one would be for x and y )

By the way tuesday momment of truth for pac man since his game does not come out in japan and namco is helping him with ssb4 ( and even if pac man does not get announced still possible until not shown in the final roster)
If any of the rumored three (or any newcomer for that matter) are getting announced next week, it's Miis for Wii Party U.

Or Little Mac as Sakurai was teasing earlier.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Better graphics, and more detailed/individual animations for individual moves. Weird alternate game-types are also nice.
Yeah, but I'm not going to ditch out money that I could use to buy other games just for better graphics, a few new animations and an added hassle of having to transfer your Pokémons to the Wii U.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Yeah, but I'm not going to ditch out money that I could use to buy other games just for better graphics, a few new animations and an added hassle of having to transfer your Pokémons to the Wii U.
I would get it though, because I don't have a 3DS, but I have friends that do, so I would be able to play on the next gen system (battle system, in PKMN, that is).

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Colosseum wasn't just about the graphics. It was a way to bring back several Johto Pokemon and allow the National Dex to be completed. Maybe a console Pokemon game could do the same thing this gen...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I would get it though, because I don't have a 3DS, but I have friends that do, so I would be able to play on the next gen system (battle system, in PKMN, that is).
In that situation I understand it. However, for us people who are playing Pokémon X & Y at the moment, there's not much of an idea in getting it.

Colosseum wasn't just about the graphics. It was a way to bring back several Johto Pokemon and allow the National Dex to be completed. Maybe a console Pokemon game could do the same thing this gen...
With the Pokémon Bank allowing us to get Pokémons all the way back from 3rd Gen, it's no problem. The reason the Johto starters were so important to Colosseum was because there was no way to link 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen together, which meant that there was no way to get the Johto starters anymore, and thus complete the Pokédex. Even then we had to wait for Fire Red and Leaf Green too to get the Kanto exclusives. Colosseum wasn't even mandatory anymore after Emerald's release, which gave you a Johto starter for completing the National Dex. We aren't stuck in such a situation this time.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
But it didn't give you all three. :p

Not to mention that the GBA games are now ten years old and not everyone may have started playing back in Gen III. Unless Game Freak distributes Treecko and Mudkip like they did with Torchic, you'll be hard-pressed to complete the National Dex with those two missing.

Granted, a lot of people are expecting X and Y to be followed up by a "Hoenn game", either a remake of Ruby and Sapphire or a sequel to those games. But it's certainly possible that we get a Stadium-esque game that could fill the void or just simply give us more ways to play.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
But it didn't give you all three. :p

Not to mention that the GBA games are now ten years old and not everyone may have started playing back in Gen III. Unless Game Freak distributes Treecko and Mudkip like they did with Torchic, you'll be hard-pressed to complete the National Dex with those two missing.

Granted, a lot of people are expecting X and Y to be followed up by a "Hoenn game", either a remake of Ruby and Sapphire or a sequel to those games. But it's certainly possible that we get a Stadium-esque game that could fill the void or just simply give us more ways to play.
*COUGHstevengivingyouahoenstarterinheartgoldsoulsilverCOUGH*

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
When was the last new stage we've seen? Was it Sonic's stage?

I'm hoping for some stage reveal soon.
I'm expecting Sakurai to reveal the new stage hinted in this picture. I think it will be a Mario Galaxy stage, given the background (it doesn't match any of the nighttime stages) and the lighting, but I'd like to know which stage would it be. (Here's hoping it's the Comet Observatory travelling around the different galaxies from both Galaxy titles.)

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
In that situation I understand it. However, for us people who are playing Pokémon X & Y at the moment, there's not much of an idea in getting it.

With the Pokémon Bank allowing us to get Pokémons all the way back from 3rd Gen, it's no problem. The reason the Johto starters were so important to Colosseum was because there was no way to link 2nd Gen and 3rd Gen together, which meant that there was no way to get the Johto starters anymore, and thus complete the Pokédex. Even then we had to wait for Fire Red and Leaf Green too to get the Kanto exclusives. Colosseum wasn't even mandatory anymore after Emerald's release, which gave you a Johto starter for completing the National Dex. We aren't stuck in such a situation this time.
You could likely bring Missingno, or at least a Charmander from Red, if you had the patience and the resources.

I'm expecting Sakurai to reveal the new stage hinted in this picture. I think it will be a Mario Galaxy stage, given the background (it doesn't match any of the nighttime stages) and the lighting, but I'd like to know which stage would it be. (Here's hoping it's the Comet Observatory travelling around the different galaxies from both Galaxy titles.)
You do know that many Kirby games (including the best one, Super Star, and the most recent one) have prominent space travel, and most have a star based stage/world, not to mention the Warp Star.

Morbi

Scavenger
Eh, as much as I'm in the same place as you (Pokémon fan since Red & Blue, wanting to see more console titles) I don't really care. It's just a cheap way to cash in on the name Pikachu, and we know all companies of that scale does **** like that. It's not really a waste of development time, considering they can't spend it much elsewhere, they can't have thousands of people work on Pokémon Z/X2/Y2/whatever, and if they aren't planning a console title, then it's not wasted development time considering they don't even plan to do it. I don't really enjoy many spin-offs either, in fact, the only spin-off series I enjoy is the Mystery Dungeon one until they ****ed it up at Gates of Infinity, but these Pikachu ones just reek of badness, because they're really just made to steal little Jimmy's mom's money. All companies of such a scale would do this, it's common business.

I suppose you are correct. I still don't necessarily like that they waste any effort on such horrible games, but I don't have to experience playing them, so it really shouldn't be a concern of mine.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
You could likely bring Missingno, or at least a Charmander from Red, if you had the patience and the resources.
Actually, that is LITERALLY impossible. The Game Boy Advance wouldn't allow communication with Game Boy and Game Boy Color games at all. The complete overhaul of the game engine would have made it difficult even if they could have done it as well. That's why Gen III is treated as a reboot of the franchise, with Hoenn taking place at the same time as the original Red/Blue.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well people, put your bets now! What will we see next week?
People getting their hopes up far too high and being butthurt when they aren't met while I laugh at their pain and stroke my sadistic hard-on and simply say "HA." ¦D

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Link being addicted to Cookie Clicker and Mario pitching an idea for his next spin off title Super Mario Taco Fiesta.

Super Mario Taco Fiesta is going to be the best Mario game yet. I have it on good word from the higher ups at Taco Bell who even they don't understand why they' as an American company working with Nintendo to make a game about making Mexican food with a Japanese company starring an Italian plumber either.

The Gamecube controller is more than a decade old.

The CCPro is barely even 3 years old.

The hell are you talking about? XD
The classic controller is basically a remake of the Super Nintendo Controller, which is older than the GameCube controller. The pro variation is an attempt to make it a Super Nintendo controller that pretends to be a GameCube controller. What are YOU talking about?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
The classic controller is basically a remake of the Super Nintendo Controller, which is older than the GameCube controller. The pro variation is an attempt to make it a Super Nintendo controller that pretends to be a GameCube controller. What are YOU talking about?
...Did you really just bring up a 4 day old off-topic discussion that you weren't even a part of and that no one else here was even talking about just now? Really? This ****** right here...

And if you had kept reading on from after that post you quoted, you would've found me saying this.

Besides, if we were to go that route, one could argue that the CCPro is just a SNES controller with two joysticks, handles and two more shoulder buttons and is therefore still ancient, albeit an improvement.
So yeah, do keep your nose out of the trash can, cause we tossed this discussion aside ages ago.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Dat Wind Waker spin attack.

Good to see the graphical comparison between them, and I'm also glad Sakurai mentioned that the way the two spin attacks hit are different.

Can't get over how much I love the Wind Waker spin attack detail...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom