• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
So we can talk about Sacred Buns, but "hard part" is just uncalled for? Okay...

Anyways, I will probably main Villager on the far left. She looks positively psychotic.
I honestly thought you would see the fun in that joke (since you even call for Pit's buns all the time). :/

@Radical Beam
Poor Sakurai, accidentally creating memes for himself like that.
I assumed it was a sexual joke. It's not style, so my apologies.

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I know this is silly nitpicking but I would have preferred if the female counterpart had the same eyes as the male one. Either way the female version is great.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This is actually a pretty good picture. I wonder if this will be like Wario in Brawl with a full set of colors for both costumes including support for both costumes being on all three teams. Of course, in Brawl Pikachu and Jigglypuff had fewer colors than everyone else since they requires special work; I wonder if that too will apply to Villager since his colors seem pretty special.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Guys keep in mind part of animal crossing was having randomly generated features. It makes sense for them to have totally different alts. Doesn't make sense for others, like Ness. The character "villager" is a general term anyway.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
I know this is silly nitpicking but I would have preferred if the female counterpart had the same eyes as the male one. Either way the female version is great.

Yeah, at least one of them could. Either way I like the variety.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
This is the perfect represetation for the playable villagers in Animal Crossing!

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Not to spoil everyone's parades, but it's not a space ship. It's this, from Wild World/City Folk:

Threw in the other girl costume as well.
Oh I know they're straight from the Animal Crossing games. Animal Crossing has a lot of references in it though. But it's probably nothing(a rather random design to have on the front of her skirt for no reason though, doesn't exactly look good).
Great way to end the week. Think there will be a character next week, despite the possibility of a heavy drought to make up for the multiple characters shown in the Smash direct?

It's been more than a month.

----
Smash Direct to the left of us.
E3 to the right.
Here we are.
Stuck in the middle with no character announcements.

Last edited:

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
Guys keep in mind part of animal crossing was having randomly generated features. It makes sense for them to have totally different alts. Doesn't make sense for others, like Ness. The character "villager" is a general term anyway.
This also applies to Wii Fit Trainer. The title is Unisex as well. (and thus we have "Hii" Fit Trainer.)

The only other character that this should apply to is Mario & Dr. Mario. I mean, a Mario is a Mario, no matter if he's in overalls or in his white coat. I could see Sakurai easily not doing this, but he's the only other character it makes total sense for.

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Was hoping for at least one alt for the Villager, but 3 alts = awesome! But now I'm wondering how the alternate palettes will work... Wario got a full range of palettes for each costume, didn't he? These guys will have to, too, for team battles, I would think... unless they just force you to play as a specific version during team battles, but that would be strange. What would be really cool is if the alternate palettes just changed to different shirts from Animal Crossing actually matching that palette, instead of just turning the "1" shirt blue instead of red, or whatever. We already see what could be the red team shirt for male Villagers (obviously), and the red and green team dresses for female villagers, so that just leaves a potential 2 extra shirts and 1 extra dress, although even more would be even better... but now I'm just fantasizing :p Either way, I'm already impressed, so whatever!

Woooooh rambling! :B

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Of course, in Brawl Pikachu and Jigglypuff had fewer colors than everyone else since they requires special work.
I was under the impression this was a direct result of Wario because of how the costumes were in that game.

Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer & Sonic all had less costumes than everyone else. Lucario, PT & Sonic didn't require special work, so the excuse doesn't work for them. In fact, the amount of missing costumes between those 5 characters was 6, which is the same amount that Wario gained.

So I don't know if it was true or not, but I always assumed the less costumes for those guys was because Wario took them.

I imagine this game will be better equipped to handle more costumes without sacrificing any, but I guess we'll see.

The only other character that this should apply to is Mario & Dr. Mario. I mean, a Mario is a Mario, no matter if he's in overalls or in his white coat. I could see Sakurai easily not doing this, but he's the only other character it makes total sense for.
Due to technicality, this can also apply to Lucina.

Also, this would apply to any Zelda character having alternate versions of themselves from other games.

Last edited:

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Here's the list of the Face style guide from the sat games.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Face_Styles_Guide

Sakurai seems to be following Wild World and City Folk's trend. There are a total of 16 possibilities in those games so I see 6-12 of those options being used. He'll probably follow the Wario trend simply because of team battles. That way players are say forced to play as a female if they go green or a male if they go red. Sakurai did take some liberties on 6 ball's shirt however so the face guide may not be a hard set of the Villager's potential palettes.

Clipse

Smash Cadet
hi everyone!

Its a while ago that I dont post in here... since the direct its been a little bit boring Pic of the Day, but I really enjoy this one!, we mostly knew about everything but we got more details and confirmations. I hope it continues like this :)

- Wire Frame Little Mac
- Mega Charizard X and Charizard new Moveset
- Brittany Trophy
- Color TV Game 15
- Girl Villager

we got 3 weeks more for the E3, lets see if this new info continue :)

summary-2014-20.jpg

Staarih

Smash Master
Hopefully we'll be seeing more new alts now that Wire frame Mac and female Villager have been shown via PotD's (and male Wii Fit Trainer too ages ago).

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
A rather random design to have on the front of her skirt for no reason though, doesn't exactly look good..
Oh, it's... I am pretty sure it's supposed to be nothing more than clothing 'string', not a design. You know, like in a hoodie. I don't know WHY they made it solid pixels, though.

The shirt/dress is called "Turnip Top".

Here's a cosplay rendition of the dress from Google: http://photo.cosplay.com/116/1196278.jpg
And someone's deviantArt drawing from City Folk: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/050/6/1/My_AC_City_Folk_Character_by_Banane_chan.jpg

Unfortunately, trying to look up the shirt/dress itself from the game results primarily in stuff relating to the Stalk Market, Let's Go To The Wiki's one pic of it, and just the cosplay/dA pics I linked to.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
This is overall great. The only thing I'm hoping for now is a Lucina skin for Marth to go along with Chrom, Mr. L, and Doctor Mario and I will be happy.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Is that the Galaga ship or something on the shirt of the Villager without shame?
I think it's a ribbon. If we can find the original animal crossing item we can confirm.

Edit: Yeah, it's called the Turnip Dress, you can find it on the new leaf wiki on the clothing section.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I was under the impression this was a direct result of Wario because of how the costumes were in that game.

Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer & Sonic all had less costumes than everyone else. Lucario, PT & Sonic didn't require special work, so the excuse doesn't work for them. In fact, the amount of missing costumes between those 5 characters was 6, which is the same amount that Wario gained.

So I don't know if it was true or not, but I always assumed the less costumes for those guys was because Wario took them.

I imagine this game will be better equipped to handle more costumes without sacrificing any, but I guess we'll see.
There's enough spare room on the disc for every character to have 20 costumes... On a technical level, I know Wario's gain is not anyone else's loss.

I thought Pikachu and Jigglypuff each had 4 while those other 3 (and yeah, Sonic was who I was forgetting) had 5. Maybe one of the hat wearers has five; it's been a long time since I went through them. I figure it's like this. Pikachu and Jigglypuff needed special work so they got the fewest. PT required recoloring 4 characters at once so he's more work too so one fewer for him. Lucario and Sonic already have the least variation between their costume colors; it was probably decided that within the design limits they imposed on color variation for those two that they couldn't make more than 5 colors (everyone hates Lucario and Sonic in teams because most of thier outfits are mostly blue, of course).

Sakurai has said that the Pokemon company is very difficult in terms of how they'll allow their characters to be portrayed. It could be that all the Pokemon characters have fewer since the Pokemon Company is difficult (so including fewer saved a lot of work) and Sonic has fewer because he was added last and/or Sega insisted Sonic must always be blue which is a really big design limit on alternate colors for him. I suppose we'll never really know, but it does raise a lot of questions about how all these alternate costumes we're seeing are going to be handled in the new game.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
It's all the same Villager.

I'd change my entire appearance, too, if I were a serial killer.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
It's never been seen in a game before unlike all these other alts...plus uhh...
No thanks.
Why no thanks? I think it's a good idea. Sukaria also turned Metroid into a female human which is pretty creative thinking outside the robot, and that's way passed just thinking of gender :)

Plus, I would love to see a male version of Marth and female version of Sheik. Please, Sakuria. Make it happen.

HatsuneMiku

Smash Apprentice
My wish for a roster packed with alt costumes is becoming closer to a reality. Female villager, Male WFT, Wireframe Little Mac and (most likely) classic Wario so far!

Now, Lucina alt for Marth pls.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Villager alt costumes! I wonder if this will be like the Pokémon characters, where each costume is just a color, or if each costume will have different colors. If the latter, then he will have a lot of choices, having several male and female costumes.

Good update anyway.

It is a commonly known franchise but the Dojo is an official Nintendo site that is being used to promote a Nintendo product. If it were a fan site, I wouldn't think anything of it but it's not too common for companies to name drop on promotional sites. There's also the fact that, given he said the date it was released, noting that it came before Space Invaders was kind of unnecessary because he already established the context. It's probably nothing but it is still strange.
I'm pretty sure you don't need to have some sort of secret deal with Square Enix to reference Space Invaders by name. It is a classic household name after all.
It's not the first time he's mentioned a 3rd Party franchise; he mentioned Meteos on the X Bomb reveal, which is not a Nintendo franchise. Yeah, Sakurai designed the first game, but still.

EDIT: The only bizzare thing is that he seems to be avoiding bringing up Pong despite Color TV Game 15 essentially being Nintendo's version of it.
Sakurai referenced third party games on the list of composers for Brawl, so it's not first time he does something like that. Here: http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_uk/music/music01.html

No Control

Smash Apprentice
Villager probably has all these alt costumes to represent the customisable nature of the character...

Miis deconfirmed :troll:

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Villager probably has all these alt costumes to represent the customisable nature of the character...

Miis deconfirmed :troll:
Why the troll face. You only put troll face when saying something people WON'T like.
[I argued with myself to see if I wanted to put troll face, as that would be hypocrtitical, but this is still the perfect place. I decided no,]

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh, thank goodness.

I was worried that Villager was going to be male only, which would be wrong on so many levels.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
And I'll be the downer who complains about something. I really wish there was an alt costume with the hat and horns, like from the GameCube AC. It's my favorite of those games. Alas, green villager looks good.

Cookie_Aroma

Smash Cadet
Well this one lil picture has me more hyped than the Smash Direct did, yay! I've been waiting for this announcement!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom