• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Yeah, the average number of costumes is usually 6. So if these alternate costumes are replacing the pallet swaps than the OG Villager will be Red Team, Female Green would be Green Team, and we haven't seen the blue team yet.
Unless it's like with Wario on brawl and both genders have the red, green and blue team colours.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
All the Villagers are flipping adorable. That guy in the yellow shirt has got the coolest hairstyle ever.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Unless it's like with Wario on brawl and both genders have the red, green and blue team colours.
Possible. We see the Male villager's have shirts 1 and 6, there could be 2-5.

I want to see the Villager's Kirby hat(s). Or really any more Kirby hats, and soon. Charizard's isn't enough.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Possible. We see the Male villager's have shirts 1 and 6, there could be 2-5.

I want to see the Villager's Kirby hat(s). Or really any more Kirby hats, and soon. Charizard's isn't enough.
Kirby's Villager hat is gonna be the horn hat. What else could it be?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm against alts being completely new characters. It's fine if they're an alternate version of the same character, but if it completely changes the character from one to another, I wont like it.

I'm against alts being completely new characters. It's fine if they're an alternate version of the same character, but if it completely changes the character from one to another, I wont like it.
I would agree with this but idea of James McCloud (with his own dialog and announcer) just makes too much sense.

Heck, having a light Star Fox character (Fox and Falco) and a heavy Star Fox chaacter (Peppy and Slippy) would be great...except for Falco fans. (though you could remake Falco in the costume moveset mode.)

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Actually, on the topic of Kirby hats... did it bother anyone else that when he copied overalls Wario that he wore the bike helmet in Brawl?

I wonder how it'll work with the WFTs. He can't really have a ponytail for Mr. Fit.

I'd love Kirby to get different hair styles depending on which alt he copies.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
There! Beat Radiant Dawn! Now without being interrupted by a picture I shall yet again predict a random Ike reveal. Not on Monday though, Monday is gonna have something boring like stuff from the direct or (please Ashera no) something along the lines of Luigi nose or Rosalina lying down. The Ike reveal will be on like Wednesday or Thursday.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Actually, on the topic of Kirby hats... did it bother anyone else that when he copied overalls Wario that he wore the bike helmet in Brawl?

I wonder how it'll work with the WFTs. He can't really have a ponytail for Mr. Fit.

The only plausible explanation is that Kirby will get a headband that has "Wii Fit" written on it if that were the case

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Four player Villager mayhem is going to be fun, especially when they are look totally unique.

God I just want to cuddle with this game on a soft rug and next to a warm, glowing fire... I mean what.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

Eh makes sense to me. In his games Kirby get's one hat per power. He can eat two things that look nothing alike and get the same hat as long as it grants the same power. Regardless of what Wario's wearing Kirby still gets the chomp, so it's all the same hat, which happens to be the biker hat.
Or at least that's how it works out in my head. :B

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Further deconfirming Mii's cuz wth will Mii Kirby look like. Random hats? Naw, Diddy don't play that. :4diddy:

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491

That's how it works in Kirby games. No matter what he swallowed, if it was a certain ability, his hat would be one thing. You just got Poppy Bros., no Pineapple hat.

Additionally, he doesn't get alternate costume hats to begin with. And his Zelda hat is Young Zelda from OoT, despite it not even being OoT Zelda's design anymore.

if next week there is no veteran..........were seeing wario the week after. -_-
I'm personally convinced we're getting nobody until E3. If we get ANYONE, it will indeed by Wario, by the 30th. Considering they're emphasizing SSB's presence at E3 and having an hour and a half presentation on it, I am betting heavily on them just holding everything off until then.

We got 5 character reveals in April. It fills the imaginary quota after March was skipped. Since SSB4 was revealed, we got like 17 character reveals. That puts it at around 1.5 per month. It's not like we're "due" for another one exactly anyway. Though, if we get Wario, it will be as though we got 2 per month still.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
That's how it works in Kirby games. No matter what he swallowed, if it was a certain ability, his hat would be one thing. You just got Poppy Bros., no Pineapple hat.

Additionally, he doesn't get alternate costume hats to begin with. And his Zelda hat is Young Zelda from OoT, despite it not even being OoT Zelda's design anymore.

I'm personally convinced we're getting nobody until E3. If we get ANYONE, it will indeed by Wario, by the 30th. Considering they're emphasizing SSB's presence at E3 and having an hour and a half presentation on it, I am betting heavily on them just holding everything off until then.

We got 5 character reveals in April. It fills the imaginary quota after March was skipped. Since SSB4 was revealed, we got like 17 character reveals. That puts it at around 1.5 per month. It's not like we're "due" for another one exactly anyway. Though, if we get Wario, it will be as though we got 2 per month still.[/
quote]
yes I agree, I think its either that or a random reveal. --_--.

thinking about it I rather have no reveals this month.....though wario is the most probable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I thought "costumes that make a character look like another character" weren't allowed.
Despite being the exact same person with... a different costume?

And we've had Daisy and Blood Falcon for a while. Those costumes exist. Likewise, the Villager and WFT costumes are pretty hugely different, way more we ever had before. I think Sakurai might go out of his way for things like a Mr. L design. It won't be Paper-style, but the same clothes could happen.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068

And we've had Daisy and Blood Falcon for a while. Those costumes exist. Likewise, the Villager and WFT costumes are pretty hugely different, way more we ever had before. I think Sakurai might go out of his way for things like a Mr. L design. It won't be Paper-style, but the same clothes could happen.
I've dreamed of Mr. L outfit for Smash. Please happen.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I thought "costumes that make a character look like another character" weren't allowed.
Mr. L is Luigi... did you never finish that one?

Daisy and Blood Falcon are different they're just colour swaps.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Daisy and Blood Falcon are different they're just colour swaps.
Not seeing any real legitimate difference. It's still the characters overall. That's why they gained those costumes(no, I don't find the details important and never did and never will), to represent a different character.

There's no other reason they have those costumes.

TheSmasher916

Smash Journeyman
So is Sakurai, so I think we're going to be set as far as costumes go.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Not seeing any real legitimate difference. It's still the characters overall. That's why they gained those costumes(no, I don't find the details important and never did and never will), to represent a different character.

There's no other reason they have those costumes.
If you're trying to imply that the Daisy costume actually counts as being a playable Daisy, I can't take you seriously.

I guess Wario's been playable since SSB64.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If you're trying to imply that the Daisy costume actually counts as being a playable Daisy, I can't take you seriously.

I guess Wario's been playable since SSB64.
No. If I was implying that, I've have said that. They still represent the character design as a nice shout out to them. That's also why Mario had Wario's colors, to show off the character somewhat. Of course, Peach looks almost identical to Daisy save the earrings and the proportions a bit.

Also, it seems like you only ever reply to me to nitpick every damn thing I say and take it entirely wrong(you never took what I meant correctly once, at least at the start of a conversation). Kinda creepy, dude. :urg:

Last edited:

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
On the topic of Mr. L. It actually makes too much sense.

His Down-Smash goes super high (and at the end of the animation it's like he's saying "I'm here!"). His Forward-Smash is obvious. Even his Up-Smash is like some superhero move.

OMG. Now I'm gonna be disappointed.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
No. If I was implying that, I've have said that. They still represent the character design as a nice shout out to them. That's also why Mario had Wario's colors, to show off the character somewhat. Of course, Peach looks almost identical to Daisy save the earrings and the proportions a bit.

Also, it seems like you only ever reply to me to nitpick every damn thing I say and take it entirely wrong(you never took what I meant correctly once, at least at the start of a conversation). Kinda creepy, dude. :urg:
Well, man, Daisy's facial structure is completely different from Peach's.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Monday's daily pic: "Mother boys confirmed!"

With a pic of the two male villagers getting their arses kicked by Ness and Lucas @ the bus stop.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, man, Daisy's facial structure is completely different from Peach's.
Not different enough for me to care. Still very similar. The only thing I find setting them overall apart is having different personalities. Even their physical designs are extremely similar.

Anyway, this is getting off-topic. I still think the Daisy costume should be made a bit more with proportions closer to Daisy's, but even without that, it's still a good reference to the other Princess.

Aogami

Smash Cadet
This withouta doubt will piss some people off but oh well, I am almost 100% sure that villager and WFT will be the only characters with alternate sex options due to the fact that they are avatar type characters and no actual name attached to them.

So we won't be getting anything like Marth/Lucina, Diddy/Dixie, Peach/Daisy (not talking about palette swap) or anything of the like besides costumes meant for the actual character and the the pic of the day with Brittany only further proves this to be the case since it was the one that would have made the most sense.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
This without a doubt a doubt will piss some people off but oh well, I am almost 100% sure that villager and WFT will be the only characters with alternate sex options due to the fact that they are avatar type characters and no actual name attached to them so we won't be getting anything like Marth/Lucina, Diddy/Dixie, Peach/Daisy (not talking about palette swap) or anything of the like besides costumes meant for the actual character.
I'm pretty sure we're getting Maria the Plumber and Prince Peach.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
This withouta doubt will piss some people off but oh well, I am almost 100% sure that villager and WFT will be the only characters with alternate sex options due to the fact that they are avatar type characters and no actual name attached to them.

So we won't be getting anything like Marth/Lucina, Diddy/Dixie, Peach/Daisy (not talking about palette swap) or anything of the like besides costumes meant for the actual character and the the pic of the day with Brittany only further proves this to be the case since it was the one that would have made the most sense.
but what if we get Robin from Awakening? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom