• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I think Villager will get a total of 12 palettes being six for boy villager and six for girl villager with each getting a different face and outfit with the necessary team outfits.

I think that the right two are most likely red team outfits and the girl villager on the left is possibly for green team.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I know people speculated there would be a Male/Female alt for villager, but I don't think anyone was expecting multiple outfits too. This was a really cool update and provides hope for even more varied alt. costumes to be included in the game.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Ah ha the villagers female alternate just like most of us predicted.

And the color swaps just like the series

And the villager has the thing with what pikachu and jigglypuff has, but with his face and hair (the other villagers you can play as)

Last edited:

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
"What if Zelda was a girl?"
Well that's a stance of the Sheik's gender debate I haven't heard. They're both male, but Zelda doesn't use magic to change her gender so much as she stops wearing drag and stuffing her bra. Poor Link. No wonder Zelda and him never really seem to get together in the end. It's for the best.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Sakurai, you made it even harder for me to choose a newcomer main than it already was...

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
Sweet PotD!

I've questions. Will they not release shiny palette swaps for the Poke'mon? Is there a reason for it? I thought they would have already done that in Brawl, at least. In my opinion, it's a great idea that I think people would like.

And while on Poke'mon,
has there been speculation if they will be releasing a starter grass type fully evolved Poke'mon? I would immediately vote for Venusaur, but they have used 1st Gen Charizard, now 6th Generation Greninja. Will they use 3rd Gen Sceptile, keep quadruped Venusaur, give us back Mewtwo even if Lucario has taken his place, or just not add another one at all (would blow) ?

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Sweet PotD!

I've questions. Will they not release shiny palette swaps for the Poke'mon? Is there a reason for it? I thought they would have already done that in Brawl, at least. In my opinion, it's a great idea that I think people would like.

And while on Poke'mon,
has there been speculation if they will be releasing a starter grass type fully evolved Poke'mon? I would immediately vote for Venusaur, but they have used 1st Gen Charizard, now 6th Generation Greninja. Will they use 3rd Gen Sceptile, keep quadruped Venusaur, give us back Mewtwo even if Lucario has taken his place, or just not add another one at all (would blow) ?
Jigglypuff + Mewtwo + Grass starter = Too many damn Pokemon.
Also WELCOME!

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
did not expect 3 costumes but two of them are scaring me lol. (pink female + green male.).

oh well lol. great update.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Sweet PotD!

And while on Poke'mon,
Let's stop with the Lucario taking Mewtwo's place mentality.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This was an update that was long overdue and I would argue that it is the best one since the Direct. I wouldn't be surprised if both the boy and girl Villager got one more ALT apiece, with a 200% chance that the boy's is going to be the black shirt with flames and spiky hair variation and the girl's is going to involve the color blue.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Love all the alts this time around, and this one is my favorite. I really like the one in the yellow shirt. Great update today.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
So I'm a bit confused, but is Female Villager an alternate costume or if you change your color you also change in sex? The pink haired one looks like she could apply for the Red Skin, but then I see green fem villager and then I wonder if they'll just change gender when you change from Red Color to Green Color

Ryan.

Smash Lord
So I'm a bit confused, but is Female Villager an alternate costume or if you change your color you also change in sex? The pink haired one looks like she could apply for the Red Skin, but then I see green fem villager and then I wonder if they'll just change gender when you change from Red Color to Green Color
I wonder that too. With Ice Climbers I know changing the colors also decided whether Popo or Nana would be in front, so in a way that's changing which gender you control I guess haha. I could see why changing the color may also change the gender.

that one scares me the most.
lol.
ill get used to them all soon.
Exactly haha, his face shows no mercy.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I wonder that too. With Ice Climbers I know changing the colors also decided whether Popo or Nana would be in front, so in a way that's changing which gender you control I guess haha. I could see why changing the color may also change the gender.
I hope when they return, you can choose who you'd rather be the main Climber in the main menu, similar to how you chose Zelda and Sheik as your character. Maybe it can juke some people out lol

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I hope when they return, you can choose who you'd rather be the main Climber in the main menu, similar to how you chose Zelda and Sheik as your character. Maybe it can juke some people out lol
That'd be a good idea haha. I honestly thought we'd see them by now as well. Hmm.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Technically you could do that in Melee and Brawl too; depending on which of the colors you chose, Nana might be the main Climber.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I kind of started suspecting this after the Wii Fit Trainer revelations, still good to see.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Technically you could do that in Melee and Brawl too; depending on which of the colors you chose, Nana might be the main Climber.
No I know, me and Ryan. where just talking about that. I mean like say we're the default color and I wanna be Nana as the main rather than Popo being the main

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I think this will work like the climbers actually.

The character will still be called "villager."............unless each of those costumes will have their own colours too however since its 4 costumes its a STRETCH to me.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It's an alt, and going by this it looks like Villager will have 6 male and 6 female looks.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I was expecting a character announcement today.

So...sort of right?
This is pretty much better (for me) than any veteran character announcement they could have made.

I'm not even exaggerating, this has made me more hyped. xD

Ryan.

Smash Lord
This is pretty much better (for me) than any veteran character announcement they could have made.

I'm not even exaggerating, this has made me more hyped. xD
I actually prefer this too over most of the veterans that have yet to be revealed. Besides, E3. :b:

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
Seems like Villager won't just get recolours but receive different eyes for each reskin. I like this idea.

Duck$mash

Smash Cadet
Let's stop with the Lucario taking Mewtwo's place mentality.
Don't get me wrong, both are special in their own way. I wish Mewtwo would have stayed, and it would be great if he came back (it would be the first kind of veteran return like that in SSB history).

I'm not trying to revive a likely, old and lost debate, but they are similar in function, and it's an obvious idea they were 'exchanged'.

Edit: SORRY :( Off-topic, but, I won't be replying to this with any more opinions about it.

Last edited:

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
I only really like Villager's kit, not the character itself. Costume diversity in Smash has always been kind of low so this is a pretty good decision toward costumes they're making. Really hoping to see some kind of "Dr. Mario" or "Mr. L" direction though.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
FINALLY! I really hope that both the Flame Shirt male and Mint Gingham male with the horns show up. Looks fantastic. Now we just need Dr. Mario.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
It would be nice to have the "official" Villager designs from New Leaf in the game as well. They look so cute.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
This was an update that was long overdue and I would argue that it is the best one since the Direct. I wouldn't be surprised if both the boy and girl Villager got one more ALT apiece, with a 200% chance that the boy's is going to be the black shirt with flames and spiky hair variation and the girl's is going to involve the color blue.
Yeah, the average number of costumes is usually 6. So if these alternate costumes are replacing the pallet swaps than the OG Villager will be Red Team, Female Green would be Green Team, and we haven't seen the blue team yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom