• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Miyamoto did that?

Color me impressed.
Miyamoto's pretty much done everything and has had a hand in the creation of just about every character whose ever made it into Smash. The only major franchises I don't think he's ever played a major role in are Fire Emblem and Mother. He personally created Mario, DK, Zelda, F-Zero, Star Fox, Nintendogs, Mole Mania, Pikmin, and Miis, and played a significant role in getting Kirby, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Pilotwings, Yoshi, Wario, and Smash Bros off the ground.

Also, first PoD of the month that doesn't have new info (although the Miyamoto tidbit was cool) but, given it's a Monday and we got 9 new things in a row, I'm not that bothered, in fact, I'd rather start the week off with throwaways/filler and then build up from there.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Eh, not the most interesting picture of the day by any means. We already knew about Wire Frame Mac and the only added bonus is the caption. You made him on graph paper Miyamoto? Cool I suppose. I suppose I'd be more happy with it if I was more interested in Little Mac. If it was Kirby or Pikachu I'd be happy with the picture giving no information =P.

Speaking of Kirby, Pika and alts I loved the idea I read earlier about the female Pikachu alt, such a small detail and yet it would be so adorable ^^. As for Kirby, first thoughts go to a Meta Knight alt. Sure they could just make it a palette swap but if it was an alt Kirby would have Meta Knight's face and his sword during his up special. Otherwise they could just give him permanent hats to wear like the Beam hat or the Burning hat.

Lazor Llama

Smash Rookie
Question: Since Friday's pic of the day, the website hasn't been linking the pictures with their miiverse post for me. Anybody having the same problem? Anyone know how to access the miiverse posts otherwise?
I'm having the same problem. I just google "Smash bros miiverse"

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I guess this pic's focus was Nintendo history, not its content since Sakurai as quite clear earlier about the Wire-Frame Mac alt.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Miyamoto drew the original Mac? Interesting!

Anyway, Wire-Frame Mac gives me hope for other costumes... I'd love to see Classic Pit and Pajama Ness.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
It's an interesting tidbit if nothing else, especially considering I didn't know about the Arcade versions of punch out until about a couple of years ago. I don't recall ever seeing the Punch-Out! cabinet at any arcade.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman

Anyway, Wire-Frame Mac gives me hope for other costumes... I'd love to see Classic Pit and Pajama Ness.
lol i would have never thought of pajama ness. That's a good idea.

I want female villager a lot too but that's a obvious one. I'm pretty sure that alt will be there.

Pixxler

Smash Cadet
I hope that there are many more alternate costumes than just this one! what's so difficult about that? if you look how many textures were made from hackers in brawl
i don't get why nintendo can't do this

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Question: Since Friday's pic of the day, the website hasn't been linking the pictures with their miiverse post for me. Anybody having the same problem? Anyone know how to access the miiverse posts otherwise?
You can find all of Sakurai's Miiverse posts Here. Just click on a post to see the full caption and picture.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

AAAHH! PAJAMA NESS?! I didn't even think of that! Sakurai! Make this happen!

Morbi

Scavenger
I hope that there are many more alternate costumes than just this one! what's so difficult about that? if you look how many textures were made from hackers in brawl
i don't get why nintendo can't do this
This is pretty much how I feel; if Project M has a costume for almost every character, I don't see why Smash 4 couldn't go the extra mile and do what pretty much every fighting game has done. If they don't have alternates for every character, they should up the ante on pallet swaps.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, the only Problem with Y is that big horn on his head, it might increase his hurtbox (or, it should logically). Sakurai could scale it down, though.
Or the hitbox doesn't exist. Albeit, this is only for Action Replay users, but you can program the sword to appear in Ganondorf's hands. It has no effect on the battle.

However, it seems silly to have a fake hitbox anyway.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Everyone get hype for tonights picture. It'll be awesome. Trust me, I have insider information.

As in, the information was made up inside my brain.

Dairz

Smash Ace
The pic of the day will obviously be a new stage, just watch when I'm right. Unless of course I'm wrong, which will then result in me crying under my bed while my cat tries to eat my foot. Either way, I'm up for an thrilling night.

D

Deleted member

This is pretty much how I feel; if Project M has a costume for almost every character, I don't see why Smash 4 couldn't go the extra mile and do what pretty much every fighting game has done. If they don't have alternates for every character, they should up the ante on pallet swaps.
But...Project: M doesn't have a costume for every character.

R0Y

Smash Master
Today's caption: Due to ungrateful nitwits on Miiverse, there is no pic today, please understand. I can only take so much.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I predict it's not a playable character reveal.

I'm hoping for a Marth situation, where we randomly get a character reveal.

I'd be happy with a pic about a Charizard's moves though. Or a series of pictures, like with the Mario 3D Land stage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom