• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Wait... is that Tom Nook in the background?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
More like fill her, given her willing pose. :troll:
Why do I have the sad feeling this is only the first of many posts that will be made across the internet along these lines?

Yeah, there's no new info, but this too we were overdue for. Let's just see what Thursday and Friday give us.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
At least the angry Waluigi fans might like this pic. Lol.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
This "fallen character" set of pics (Megaman, Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, Rosalina) is becoming the new "Luigi's nose"...

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Character reveals have only been on Thursday and Friday if memory serves. I don't really expect anything new.
All character reveals have either coincided with a Nintendo Direct or been on a Thursday or Friday.

This is counting E3 as a Nintendo Direct day. All newcomers have been revealed that way, as we all know.

There have been 4 Thursday and 4 Friday reveals for veterans. The last two (Luigi and Sonic) were revealed with Directs on other days.

It seems that Sakurai really does have a preference for Thursday and Friday for character reveals. This is partly an artifact of Nintendo's release schedule, they also prefer to release games around that time, considering that a majority of the veterans revealed have coincided with game releases.

A few more statistics... About 40% of PotDs have been "filler". By which I mean, they reveal nothing which could not be gleaned from previous PotDs and videos. This doesn't mean that they're worthless, since you might get a better look at a character or move or some stage background elements, or it may have been easy to miss the info in the videos (the character trailers basically require you to watch them in slo-mo to catch every move used).

While it's true that major info is quite unlikely to be revealed on a Monday (new character or stage), it's not true that more filler has been shown on Mondays. The distribution is fairly even. On Mondays, it's just that you're likely to get something like more info about a stage (sometimes rather trivial), a previously unseen move for a veteran, etc. If you're lucky, you'll get something like an item reveal.

By contrast, for stage reveals (aside from E3/Nintendo Directs), the breakdown is: 7 Tuesday, 2 Wednesday, 4 Friday.

Items have been revealed on all days of the week in a fairly even distribution. However, no Assist Trophies or Pokeballs have been revealed on a Monday.

Last edited:

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I can't wait till Sakurai reveals Zamus. Imagine the innuendo-infused pics and captions!

Also, they better give her breast physics. Show off that Wii U power!

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It is either Timmy or Tommy in the background.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Oh my....
I was first drawn to her lips and then to her chest because of the focused lighting...

And then to her fingers because they clip through her sleeve. Points deducted. Lose $200. Don't pass go.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Revamped item design, 3ds stage, Random pic, yeah Im not expecting a character this week. Also Sakurai could have choose this pic as a metaphor about fans after they waited all night for nothing.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Here's a question about Sakurai:

Are these innuendos (this pic, heavens up Rosalina's dress, etc) intentional, or is he simply innocent to their implications?

Remember on the Brawl dojo how he lectured the fans regarding taking screenshots showing characters' undergarments? Is this contradictory behavior?

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
ugh... filler pic. Well, expecting a character reveal tomorrow or Friday.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Revamped item design, 3ds stage, Random pic, yeah Im not expecting a character this week. Also Sakurai could have choose this pic as a metaphor about fans after they waited all night for nothing.
In my experience, delayed gratification is certain to give you a face like Rosie's.

Here's a question about Sakurai:

Are these innuendos (this pic, heavens up Rosalina's dress, etc) intentional, or is he simply innocent to their implications?

Remember on the Brawl dojo how he lectured the fans regarding taking screenshots showing characters' undergarments? Is this contradictory behavior?
I think Sakurai is more complex a man than he appears on the surface.

*resumes fapping*

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Anyone think Sakurai is considering giving Rosalina her motorcycle uniform from Mario Kart as an alt. costume for personal reasons?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, it's Rosalina, so I don't mind. I suppose Sakurai felt the need to balance things out after yesterday's update.

TrainerLITTLER

Smash Ace
NNID
TrainerLITTLER
Really?

The 3DS version never looked so good!

- This is not the first time I've caught the website while swicthing formats...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well they can't all be incredible. We get to see Rosy's lying down animation I guess?

Staarih

Smash Master
A picture of my darling Rosalina is always a big plus in my book! She's so calm... calm, wait, calm before the storm!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom