• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I actually stayed up long enough to see this. Well, it's Rosalina, so I can't complain. Good night (or morning), everyone. Time for this moron to go to bed with only five hours to sleep.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I don't see what some of you are getting worked up for it's just a close up of her lying on the ground...

If this kinda stuff gets ya'll going I can't even imagine what Rule 34 does to some of you. lol

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Another note about the Miiverse pics so far. When combined with the videos and other pictures that may have been released (through Facebook, for example), we have a fairly even amount of information about each character.

We know the most about Mario, followed by all the newcomers (due to their character specific trailers). Samus is next. The rest of the characters have less info but are mostly around the same level (Sonic has a little more due to his trailer, for example, Bowser's section of the Developer Direct gave us a little more info, etc.).

The two characters we know the least about are Olimar and then Dedede. We've barely seen Olimar do anything aside from stand, jump or walk (with or without Pikmin following him).

Considering the size of each character's moveset, Sakurai could easily make an additional year's worth of updates without exhausting the movesets of the previously revealed characters. Many of them wouldn't be very interesting though (throws are boring for many characters). And of course, the full roster is going to be at least 50% bigger, so he'd really not even get through half of that.

Given that and the amount of information about stages, items, trophies, (stickers?) and game modes he could reveal over the next 6 months or so without much effort and without spoiling everything, it is a bit annoying to get total filler like tonight's. I'd rather get even a veteran's basically unchanged, but unseen move as filler.

Hopefully at some point we get music updates... I guess Miiverse isn't suited for that, unless they want to put it up on YouTube, but they could put it on the website. I'd really like to hear some Mega Man stage music...

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Eh, somewhat of a downer picture. I must admit that Rosalina pictures in general don't get me very excited (I'm not at fault for how you interpret that line), but I'll also admit that if Ridley was confirmed I'd probably be on the boat that'd even love lousy pics of him, so can't say I don't understand some people's logic that just seeing a specific character in a pic of the day is a win.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Other days showed us the Smash Ball and a new stage, so not really.
In regards to the content of this weeks potd being boring, that's entirely opinion based. Same goes for whether or not it's the worst week ever. However, Vintage Creep's last comment is in a sense true. The Smash Ball is nothing new since it was in Brawl and we knew it was coming back thanks to Wii Fit Trainer's and Samus' Final Smash being shown along with the Smash Ball being in Villager's artwork. As for the stage, we already knew it existed and we knew it scrolled. I believe someone mentioned that of the 4 pics we got that day, 3 of the areas we were already aware of. As for today, it's clearly filler.

That's actually why I've refrained from posting for this potd and the last one. Neither of them interest me and I don't want to post if all I have to say is my negative opinion of something. I don't care for scrolling stages and this picture gives us nothing. I will say, however, that I am glad to see the Smash Ball since that opens the gates to potential Final Smash pics.

Anyways hopefully tomorrow has something better than...well this.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Still two days left in the week so don't call it yet.

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
No complaints here from me. We DID get 3 extra Miiverse pictures and full information on 3D Land Stage

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
No complaints here from me. We DID get 3 extra Miiverse pictures and full information on 3D Land Stage
And yet people are complaining. Some people just don't wanna be satesfied with anything. :/

Anyways, I predict a character tomorrow.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Except we already saw them both?

Edit: Double post removed ☆彡
But it was the first look of the SmashBall in-game, in the very least.
Also, we know a LOT more about that Mario Stage now. Plus, 4 new images. Even if you personally don't care for that stage, it was certanly a big update. ^^

Plus, don't call this week bad just yet. It's very likely we'll get a character tomorrow.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I actually really love this pic for some reason. I know it's filler, but it's okay filler in a way. A new pose of a newcomer.

However, filler these days usually means one thing... Sakurai is stalling for a character reveal. Two more days until he/she/it is upon us!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I actually really love this pic for some reason. I know it's filler, but it's okay filler in a way. A new pose of a newcomer.

However, filler these days usually means one thing... Sakurai is stalling for a character reveal. Two more days until he/she/it is upon us!
Nah, I expect a character tomorrow even. ^^ I mean, doesn't Mario Party, Trozei and Metal Gear release in Japan tomorrow? That gives us a lot of character possibilities~

Staarih

Smash Master
Nah, I expect a character tomorrow even. ^^ I mean, doesn't Mario Party, Trozei and Metal Gear release in Japan tomorrow? That gives us a lot of character possibilities~
Trozei is the US release though, so I'm betting on the other two as they're releases in Japan. Or then a random reveal. Hopefully someone at least this week, if not tomorrow then on Friday.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yay, filler pic.

Seriously, Sakurai must have some sort of fetish for lying down characters. And I'm sure I'm not the only one making this observation.

After the four picture update yesterday, this was bound to happen, I suppose.

So, anyone still thinking there will be a character reveal tomorrow or Friday?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Does Sakurai have a thing for Rosalina?
lol who doesn't? Especially her Smash4 appearance, dem' eyelashes and dem' adorable lips.

And Rosa's biker outfit would be the best thing ever.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
By the way, what does the Japanese Miiverse post say? Anything different?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
After yesterday's good 4-in-1 pic, I'm okay with a nice view of Rosalina's bosom today. It had to be said. >_<

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Now we just need a suggestive pic of Link, something upskirt of Pit, and Bowser using his Down Throw on Marth, and we're all set! XD
Pfft. Actually I do want to see Pit's pose of him on the floor. The thing that kinda annoyed me in Brawl was that Pit's mouth never moved his mouth when he was hurt or down on the floor (or even when he was grabbed), while other characters, mostly noted, Zelda, had her mouth moving on the floor. In other words, he didn't really have much life shown when it came to expressions. As such, I want to see Pit's improvements in that aspect.
Showing him sleeping is optional.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I bet you knew exactly how the stage operated, how long it took to complete the lap, etc. too right?
OK, thanks to this week we know that the 3D Land stage is two minutes long. Exactly like Rainbow Road and Rumble Falls.
WHAT A WEEK!
That's enough for me guys, I can wait next Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom