• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'm personally hoping today was a set up, like in the volleyball sense: our first filler in months only to be followed by a character reveal or at the very least a notable AT/pokeball reveal.
Or, more throwaway.
It was only a matter of time...

Staarih

Smash Master
So, what do you people really expect for tomorrow? Right now, I am thinking Wario. ^^
Oh how I'd love to see Snake, but I guess he'd really deserve a Nintendo Direct or something. So I'm thinking it's either Yoshi or Wario because of Mario Party: Island Tour. Right now, I'm leaning more towards Wario since Yoshi still has options going on for him (Yoshi's New Island releases, Yarn Yoshi, maybe even character of the year and whatnot), while Wario doesn't really have much, except for maybe some other Mario titles (Mario Kart). So I'm going with Wario.

...or no character reveal at all.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
I don't mind fillers now since we are getting more info than ever, plus they are getting uncommon.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm personally hoping today was a set up, like in the volleyball sense: our first filler in months only to be followed by a character reveal or at the very least a notable AT/pokeball reveal.
It does feel like that, yeah. I mean, what beats Rosalina's boobs? Wario's big fat bottocks, of course! It all makes sense! Seriously, though, Mario Party and Metal Gear releases tomorrow, so there are possibilities.

@BluePikmin11
Aw, you jinxed it...

@ Staarih Staarih
I personally don't want Snake back, but tomorrow would be a good time to show him. Though, Sonic did get a Direct, so I guess Snake would get one, too. Oh, maybe there's a Direct tomorrow. XD

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So, what do you people really expect for tomorrow? Right now, I am thinking Wario. ^^
Wario is the best bet. EDIT: As mentioned, Snake would most likely have a Direct.
Um I'm quite positive the next direct will not be till april

And if its April 18th it will be possible that war of ridley will not be playable could end due to the super metroid anniversary in the west (us)(and ridley is more wanted in the west)

And I really hope we get are march character tomorrow thats the best time obviously due to 3 games on the same day
I've said this before and i'll say it again: Don't expect Ridley until E3. E3 is a western event and Ridley is more popular in the west then in Japan. E3 is the perfect time for Ridley because hype and "muh fanz".

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, if there is going to be a Direct tomorrow, there's only a couple of more hours left to announce one before it becomes extremely unlikely. The last one was announced in the mid afternoon (in the States) but most have been announced before noon (in the States).

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
You know the stage is 2 minutes long, that it gets faster at a certain point, the order that the stage goes, how it resets, etc. All of this was new information. The only way to give you more info about the stage would have been a 2 minute video. Quit whining.
Quit whining about me whining.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Doubt we'll see a direct, or at least, I doubt the pic had anything to do with that.

Seems so weird to get a throwaway pic in the middle of this great streak though haha.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I hope someday Sakurai posts a random filler picture and then after an hour or so comments with another picture showing something brilliant just to see the reactions.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I hope someday Sakurai posts a random filler picture and then after an hour or so comments with another picture showing something brilliant just to see the reactions.
You mean like a 'real' pic of the day, but without the hints and whatnot they usually give with Directs? That would be mean and awesome~

D

Deleted member

It's odd how we have been getting a weird influx of Mario pics (Luigi in Monday's pic, Super Mario 3D Land yesterday, filler Rosalina today). I wonder if we are going to get Wario or Yoshi tomorrow or Friday…

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
It's odd how we have been getting a weird influx of Mario pics (Luigi in Monday's pic, Super Mario 3D Land yesterday, filler Rosalina today). I wonder if we are going to get Wario or Yoshi tomorrow or Friday…
I think Wario is the main contender, as he has nothing on the horizon. Yoshi still has the japanese release of New Island.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
If we get a vet tomorrow, I'm banking on Wario. Still not sure how I feel about the odds of a vet, but most Japan release dates have given us something.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I don't give a **** anymore. We're not getting a character ever again. That's it, it's all over. No more characters.

G-K

Smash Cadet
If we get a vet tomorrow, I'm banking on Wario. Still not sure how I feel about the odds of a vet, but most Japan release dates have given us something.
I'm still deluding myself with the though that it's going to be Ness...
But any veteran it's OK, really, it's been almost a month, in't it?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm still deluding myself with the though that it's going to be Ness...
But any veteran it's OK, really, it's been almost a month, in't it?
Any reason you'd think Ness? A spin-off Mario character is more likely with Mario Party being released tomorrow.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Um I'm quite positive the next direct will not be till april

And if its April 18th it will be possible that war of ridley will not be playable could end due to the super metroid anniversary in the west (us)(and ridley is more wanted in the west)

And I really hope we get are march character tomorrow thats the best time obviously due to 3 games on the same day
Hey I did not know that my birthday is the date of what could be The Apocalypse: War on Ridley

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Tomorrow is the first anniversary of Earthbound's Wii U VC Release
Well then! That's reason for celebration if you ask me. I'd love to see Ness come in and steal the spot light from everyone expecting Yoshi or Wario. Truth be told, we're severely lacking in Mother representation at the moment. It's the only franchise with more than one rep without representation.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Well then! That's reason for celebration if you ask me. I'd love to see Ness come in and steal the spot light from everyone expecting Yoshi or Wario. Truth be told, we're severely lacking in Mother representation at the moment.
Yeah, we really need some Mother up in here. I'd be fine either seeing Lucas or Ness, preferably Lucas.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Yeah, we really need some Mother up in here. I'd be fine either seeing Lucas or Ness, preferably Lucas.
Lucas would be clutch because it would kill so many of the rumors. Plus, he was much more my style. I couldn't play Ness nearly as well as i can play Lucas. Anyone who's played them for long enough would realize they're NOT clones. Not even semi-clones. If Lucas yelled different things when he attacked, such as PK Ground for his Side-B, then people wouldn't even think of them as clones. Just two children who share the same final smash.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd still classify Lucas as a semi-clone. That's kind of the drill with semi-clones, they play differently than their original counterpart but uses the same kind of methods. Luigi and Wolf are also semi-clones imo. Lucas still has roughly the same special set as Ness, but it functions just a tad differently. Plus, he also has a few things like the dodge kick and the stick which are from Ness' moveset.

I really want to see some Mother content too, even just a picture of Mr. Saturn waddling around would be great. Still hoping for Saturn Valley to make it in as a stage, preferably the Earthbound version of it.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You know what? I'll say Yoshi. Sakurai has no qualms about revealing characters before or after their games release, and Island Tour comes out tomorrow that can reference Yoshi. I'm all in for him.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I predict Sakurai will reveal a character of some sort. Hoepfully, Yoshi, Wario, Ness or, the long shot, Solid Snake, which is highly unlikely.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I would love to see a new EarthBound stage... maybe Threed... it is basically Onett except it is set at night and it has a circus and zombies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom