• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

And Pokémon X/Y did seem like something Sakurai would want to advertise.

Don't judge what games Sakurai wants to advertise.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
As much as I hate double standards, X/Y did probably have the voice of Game Freak to deal with.

It just seems like one main title type game not being advertised doesn't suggest that spin-offs will be advertised at times. It just means that not all main titles will be.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I wouldn't be predicting Snake seeing as Snake isn't coming back:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/14/kojima-open-to-snake-returning-in-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u

It's pretty clear really; don't read the article title, read the actual words Kojima posted. He's either lying to us or Snake isn't back, and I'd bank on Snake not being back out of those possibilities. Of course, even if Snake were back, he wouldn't just randomly appear in a picture of the day; Sonic got a direct reveal with a video clip, and he was a lot less surprising of a return.

Wario seems like a strong possibility for a character if this Mario Party Island Tour game is considered worthwhile, but honestly, it could be anyone. As with Peach's reveal, I wouldn't be surprised to see a character reveal that has no real correlation to what's currently going on. There are plenty of characters who will never have a particularly relevant release either; Captain Falcon, Ness, and Falco all spring to mind as strong contenders for that kind of "random" reveal.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So we're all banking on some kind of veteran reveal this week?

I wonder if there won't be one just to mess with us?

D

Deleted member

I'm still waiting for the inevitable Ness reveal.

But if we're playing it safe I'd say either Wario or Yoshi are due for this month. We're going to get at least one veteran anyway, we haven't gone a single month without a reveal. I think.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Kojima's, or anyone's response involving a character will never be a gauge for whether or not they are in. There's absolutely no circumstance under which someone in the know would spill the beans, so if they feel like their answer has to lean one way or the other, it's pretty sensible that it would lead towards the negative to avoid any unnecessary "X totally said Y's in! I know expect him fully."

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You know, there might not be a reveal this week. I admit it seems likely, but don't be deceived by your expectations...

As for Snake, Kojima's statement was vague, much like how SEGA also made a vague response regarding Sonic. There isn't much to say about this, really.

Shroob

Sup?
The pattern for reveals died once Diddy Kong was shown. I'm honestly expecting only one character a month at this point, except for maybe April since a Direct is 'likely', and then E3 will happen.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Last night's series of pictures makes me want Poke Floats 2! Fairest stage ever!

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I can't remember who brought this up, but I think it worth reiterating:

If there is a playable demo at E3, the characters whose transformations haven't been revealed like Sheik and Zamus will have to be revealed before then. They might only have a demo with a select few characters and Zelda could easily be left out of said demo, but I can't see them leaving Samus out seeing as she's now one of the faces of the game. If they do intend to have a demo - which they should - Zamus will be revealed in the next three months.

I would love to see Zamus this week. Or Sheik, for that matter. I hope there's a better way to transform with Samus this time around - or that Zero Suit is a whole separate character.

EDIT: It was @Chris Baker who thought of this theory.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270

If there is a playable demo at E3, the characters whose transformations haven't been revealed like Sheik and Zamus will have to be revealed before then. They might only have a demo with a select few characters and Zelda could easily be left out of said demo, but I can't see them leaving Samus out seeing as she's now one of the faces of the game. If they do intend to have a demo - which they should - Zamus will be revealed in the next three months.

I would love to see Zamus this week. Or Sheik, for that matter. I hope there's a better way to transform with Samus this time around - or that Zero Suit is a whole separate character.
That's a very thoughtful theory, but I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of unrevealed characters are just playable anyway, or get their pages during E3.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Personally (that means just me, don't attack me please) I would happy to see Zamus go, but seeing as other enjoy her, I'd at least like it if I wasn't forced into her just 'cause I wanna use a giant death beam.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Imagine of they gave Zero Suit her own character slot and Sakurai would be all like 'LOOK TWO METROID REPS. WOOOO. Ridley? Who's that? That purple thing I put in Pyrosphere? Pshhhhh.'

Dairz

Smash Ace

Woah, thats an awesome theory. But even if there was an E3 demo, it doesn't mean said demo would include Final Smashes. Yeah, it probably would, but its still possible that it wouldn't.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

That would be me.:p

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
"Pic of the Day, this comes from all of the Nintendo staff...MGSV might not be released on a Nintendo console, but we know how much fans love Snake, and we're not like the other companies, we're not paying reviewers to give unfinished games ridiculous scores, or telling our developers to talk trash about the competing system's specs, so here's Snake, because we're a real gaming company!"
Would be best PoTD ever, but it won't happen. I would absolutely love Nintendo to call Micro$oft and EA out on their **** sometime in the future, would make me respect them even more than I already do.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
"Pic of the Day, this comes from all of the Nintendo staff...MGSV might not be released on a Nintendo console, but we know how much fans love Snake, and we're not like the other companies, we're not paying reviewers to give unfinished games ridiculous scores, or telling our developers to talk trash about the competing system's specs, so here's Snake, because we're a real gaming company!"
Would be best PoTD ever, but it won't happen. I would absolutely love Nintendo to call Micro$oft and EA out on their **** sometime in the future, would make me respect them even more than I already do.
"Yeah, WE'RE a real gaming company, yet somehow we breed fans just as guilty of needless trash talking and irrational hate as the companies we're supposedly better than."

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
My as-I-head-to-bed predictions shall be... assist trophy. Or another damn 3DS stage related update. Not a complaint, just noticing we've gotten a lot like those lately.

D

Deleted member

The reveals have been pretty good lately, so I'm expecting at least something, if not a veteran. Maybe an item, new stage, or more information on a stage that we already know of *COUGH*PALUTENASTEMPLE*UNCONVINCING COUGH*

Dairz

Smash Ace
Wow, 2 Lucas predictions on one page. But Wario has a good chance too... I know, we'll combine them!

al08082621551binoutdz7.jpg

Lucario for SSB4!

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I liked todays Update. One of my favorites by far, but now I think we deserve a Veteran this week. Its getting late into the month, with no Nintendo Direct, so someone needs to step in.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Whether or not Lucas gets revealed, we're definitely due for a character announcement this month.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
*Looked at Official Website*
Wow, what a boring picture.
*Clicked Miiverse link*
O_O
I really like this Mario Bros. stage a lot more than the one in Brawl. I never understood why they decided to go with a desert... Appearance wise, it was so bland. Anyway, thank you Based-Sakurai for 4 pictures today. :)
From what I heard... it's to incorporate the whole "Real is Brown" deal.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I'm hoping for a character as well, but I doubt it'll be Sheik. Zelda in Brawl was revealed in August, and it wasn't for another 6 until he revealed Sheik.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
hoping for something with new info, and hoping they save zamas and shiek for the e3 trailer.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Haha.

And Kojima would butt in to say "By the way, David Hayter will be reprising his role as Solid Snake. Kiefer Sutherland was the voice in MGSV in order to provide a transition from Big Boss' younger voice to his older voice in MGS4."

Urk, I really hope that's the case.

I'd totally be ok with a lolwut Lucas reveal tonight:lucas:
"Pic of the day. I know people are wanting Yoshi and that some others are expecting Snake, but here's a little boy instead. Ness has been in all the Smash games up until now..."

-----

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
If Lucas appears before Ness I'm ganna hate him all over again. But if he makes some fans happy I guess I'd be happy...I guess... Yknow, Lucas could make a greeeat assist trophy.
Speaking of which, does anyone like this idea? I always thought it would be nice to have a "Retired Fighters" section in the trophy hoard. With trophies for all the retired fighters and what they're up to now. Like for example, a trophy of Young Link with the description "Young Link appeared in Super Smash Bros. Melee but now spends most of his time playing in the woods. He occasionally visits to spar with Link and Toon Link." or something, I dunno. That way they don't seem completely forgotten and we get an idea of their modern place in the Smash Universe. Eh? Ehhh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom