• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKloUYDezQ
Pic of the day. Here's some info on the Nintendo 3DS stage called Super Mario 3D Land! First, it advances by side-scrolling…

Then you continue into the valley--it's in 3D Land, after all. The protruding stone blocks change the angles of the platforms.

After that, back to side-scrolling. Now it gets you moving--you'll have to trot downhill here.

And finally, you get back on rails to go farther into the stage. It takes roughly two minutes to complete a lap, and at the end you go into a giant pipe that takes you back to the beginning. …I know this sequence goes above and beyond a traditional Pic of the Day, so consider this a little something extra on the side from me.
Now, wait. How can this be 3D Land is side-scrolls on a 2D Plane?

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I would not mind him doing this with all stages he reveals for now on, this kind of update makes me hype for stages almost as much as character reveals.

hoping the rest of the week is amazing I need the therapy after last nights walking dead episode, still in tears( don't judge me, men cry to lol )

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
This be one long post, thanks for extra generosity today Sakurai! This stage looks really great.
Such a coincidence too, I played 3D Land yesterday. However, that 2-minute lap is more than enough to keep on entertained!

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Wow... I think @ Fatmanonice Fatmanonice was right. I guess reveals will be a lot more frequent. This was like the dojo days.

Sakurai just took an info-dump.

We're bound for a info-less pic soon though...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
While this update doesn't really tell us anything new since we knew it was the one and same stage from a previous update over half a year ago, it was nice to get a Brawl Dojo-style update for once.

It'd be nice if he did this to solve his "final smash updates would take over a month of updates" problem sometime right before the release date. Maybe make a whole week centered around getting to see 5 or so final smashes each day, not necessarily with long descriptions or anything.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
4 3DS pics in one day that describe a whole stage. Now that's what we need more of, especially towards certain info we need... like Final Smashes, new moves for veterans and other stages (like Palutena's Temple... yep, it was coming). Do more of these, Sakurai!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Peach's Rainbow still hasn't been explained yet.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Sakurai, I love your "Little something extra on the side" it exhilarates me. Thank you Sakurai for all all you have done for us. May you forgive our sins of trying to predict you, calling you bad names, and crashing the hype train. I hope we get even better pictures in the future. Amen

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Yeah. Pretty sure there are only Three Pigs. :/

Prediction for tomorrow! New/Retro Item.
Then Character!
Then Another pic of that character!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Really nice to have 4 pictures today. The stage looks good and reminds me a lot of Rainbow Ride from Melee and Brawl. A two-minute cycle for each loop keeps the stage interesting but, at the same time, it's not too long before it loops either.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Now, wait. How can this be 3D Land is side-scrolls on a 2D Plane?
Because playing Smash in a 3D plane would ruin the game.

I like how "Super Mario 3D Land" has platforms from Super Mario 3D Land but the background looks like it is from New Super Mario Bros. 2.

Now I wish "Super Mario 3D World" is a stage in the Wii U version and it has platforms and clear pipes from Super Mario 3D World but the background is from New Super Mario Bros. U.

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Well, that's a lot of info for one day. Thanks Sakurai!

We have been getting a LOT of 3DS pics lately. Can't complain though, since that's the one I'm getting first.
Don´t forget that we don´t know if they will be lauched together, I think that Wii U version is priority for obvious reasons.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
So far this is the first 3DS exclusive stage that I really don't care about, period.

Also, updated the 328957 PotDs from today to the first post.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
While auto-scrolling stages are nice for viewing the scenery, they do tend to make you rush things with the combat.
Well, that adds to the strategy on thost stages. You can't stand still for long, and that will change a lot of things. ^^ I love traveling stages, as long as they aren't too fast, and if CPUs can actually survive it. The CPUs tends to die instantly on Mushroomy Kingdom for me. :/

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Is there any stopping this train? We've gotten 9 new updates in a row and we're now 11 for 12 for the month which means if everything else this month is filler or throwaways, we would already have the same amount of new stuff that we got in the entire months of January and February. Also, as others have pointed out, this is the first update we've had that resembles the original Dojo so I wouldn't be surprised if we got more "info dumps" from this point forward. It's nice to finally see this stage in its entirety too. We already knew about 3 of the 4 sections but the fact he bothered to cover all 4 in one update was nice.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well I was kindof right about today's pic

I predicted 1 to 4 pics on the sameday but the incorrect part it's not seperate final smashes for each character.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Is there any stopping this train? We've gotten 9 new updates in a row and we're now 11 for 12 for the month which means if everything else this month is filler or throwaways, we would already have the same amount of new stuff that we got in the entire months of January and February. Also, as others have pointed out, this is the first update we've had that resembles the original Dojo so I wouldn't be surprised if we got more "info dumps" from this point forward. It's nice to finally see this stage in its entirety too. We already knew about 3 of the 4 sections but the fact he bothered to cover all 4 in one update was nice.
I can see it now...

Pic of the Day: Thriller or Filler? starring the cast of Smashboards.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's speculation that there'll be a vet on Thursday (Yoshi, Wario and Snake are the popular choices) but what will tomorrow bring?

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Nah, we gonna get at least one veteran this month

juddy96

Smash Lord
FYI: All characters revealed through POTD so far have come on Friday.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Yeah, I clearly remember Lucario was a Thursday...I think.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
*Looked at Official Website*
Wow, what a boring picture.
*Clicked Miiverse link*
O_O
I really like this Mario Bros. stage a lot more than the one in Brawl. I never understood why they decided to go with a desert... Appearance wise, it was so bland. Anyway, thank you Based-Sakurai for 4 pictures today. :)

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
There's speculation that there'll be a vet on Thursday (Yoshi, Wario and Snake are the popular choices) but what will tomorrow bring?
A zoomed-in pic showing a Purple tail, a oversized Eye, a dark Purple sphere, and the corner of a certain box.

And thus, the internet blew up.

EDIT

Btw, out of curiosity, have anyone translated what Sakurai said about each Pic Today in Japanese?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom