• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I was just commenting about how annoyed I was until I realised that there's way more to tonights pic than I thought.

Shroob

Sup?
The 2nd pic is nice, though, I'm hoping the 3DS gets a non-moving Mario stage. Didn't care for Mushroomy Kingdom in Brawl.

Staarih

Smash Master
Nice, stage info. And 3DS again. The stages on the handheld look like so much fun.

And why were people expecting Snake today? Ground Zeroes is released in the US today, sure, but in Japan on the 20th! We all know which region is prioritized haha!

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
More like PICS of the day!

Shut your face it was right in front of me

Edit: Nevermind, just, just go... LEAVE.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So this stage is now finally fully confirmed and revealed. With 4 pics, even. It's a pretty dynamic and scenic stage, too. I like it.

3DS VERSION MASTER RACE.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
It's nice to really have a grasp on how this stage works; overall it looks like a pretty good stage to me at a blush. We'll have to see how walk-offs in smash 4 work out and work out the fine details, but it seems like it has sections that favor most character archetypes while not including anything too extreme.

I bet Sakurai is starting to miss the Brawl Dojo's format, judging by how he occasionally replies to his own Miiverse posts with additional screenshots. I wonder if, closer to launch, the official site will turn into something more like the Brawl Dojo, chronicling substantive information rather than fleeting pics of the day.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Nice, stage info. And 3DS again. The stages on the handheld look like so much fun.

And why were people expecting Snake today? Ground Zeroes is released in the US today, sure, but in Japan on the 20th! We all know which region is prioritized haha!
i like to believe
That and the 20th is apparently the release date of a pokemon trozei game and the star fox anniversary, so snake wouldn't have had competition today.

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice
Nice to see Mega Man getting a new 2D platformer on the 3DS! And Kirby is there as a cool cameo.

A man can dream...

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
This is turning out to be the Month of 3DS Stage Info, what with Tortimer Island, Lumiose City, Tomodachi, and now 3D Land elaboration.

Hope next month ends up being the Month of Pyrosphere Wii U Stage Info.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
"I know this sequence goes above and beyond a traditional Pic of the Day, so consider this a little something extra on the side from me."

Thanks Sakurai : )

juddy96

Smash Lord
Great updates tonight, especially for someone like me who only has a 3DS. Night y'all.

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
nice to see 4 pics of the whole stage sakurai now can we see the rest of palutena's temple?

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Man, just when you think Sakurai has given us enough 3DS stage pics, BAM, 4 at once!

As a side note, it is pretty weird to see Mega Man running around the mushroom kingdom as if he were just doing a regular level, heh.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Wow, now that's an update! This is already looking to be the best scrolling stage...not that there was much competition.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
This is turning out to be the Month of 3DS Stage Info, what with Tortimer Island, Lumiose City, Tomodachi, and now 3D Land elaboration.

Hope next month ends up being the Month of Pyrosphere Wii U Stage Info.
Definitely. I want more wii u love. I need some info on the online situation. I would be psyched to have a rad online system.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Well, that's a lot of info for one day. Thanks Sakurai!

We have been getting a LOT of 3DS pics lately. Can't complain though, since that's the one I'm getting first.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Wow... 4 pics at once. We are a little overdone with the 3DS stages pics, I need to see new Wii U stages.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Wow... 4 pics at once. We are a little overdone with the 3DS stages pics, I need to see new Wii U stages.
Nah, we've had plenty of Wii U stuff since the beginning. I say bring on the 3DS stuff and let the Wii U take a backseat for awhile.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Not really, the Wii U was already ahead in pics by a lot just from the character reveal pages and trailers alone. It's nice that the 3DS is getting some attention.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKloUYDezQ
Pic of the day. Here's some info on the Nintendo 3DS stage called Super Mario 3D Land! First, it advances by side-scrolling…

Then you continue into the valley--it's in 3D Land, after all. The protruding stone blocks change the angles of the platforms.

After that, back to side-scrolling. Now it gets you moving--you'll have to trot downhill here.

And finally, you get back on rails to go farther into the stage. It takes roughly two minutes to complete a lap, and at the end you go into a giant pipe that takes you back to the beginning. …I know this sequence goes above and beyond a traditional Pic of the Day, so consider this a little something extra on the side from me.
Rainbow Cruise, eat your heart out.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm usually against moving stages (aside from PokeFloats) - the Mario ones we've had haven't been that fun. That being said, I'm excited for this one. Doesn't look as annoying as the last two.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
3D Land is a good platformer but when compared to the standard set by other Mario 3D platformers I thought the game was very "meh."

Cool looking stage regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom