• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
If Meta Knight gets revealed, we better get him standing next to this:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
am I the only one that hopes zero suit samus and shiek if revealed is at e3, would hate for them to take up are 1 of the slots for are 2 characters per month quota.

Onichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OniXiion
But what is the PotD revealing either Zero Suit Samus or Shiek mentions they are their own character slot on the roster? Would that be worthy of the "character per month quota"?

Staarih

Smash Master
Well Sakurai himself thinks of ZSS and Sheik as their own characters, which I don't see a problem in, since they do have their own movesets and looks. Thus, if we think about a "two characters per month" -thing, I'd personally count them as whole characters and worthy of reveals like any other character. I personally can't wait to see both Sheik (to confirm her) and ZSS (I find her a cool character), and this would also give us two extra characters to reveal before release, leaving potentially some of the secret ones... well, secret, as they should be.

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
I would like to give a friendly reminder that Tuesday's pic will be the 200th pic of the day.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I would like to give a friendly reminder that Tuesday's pic will be the 200th pic of the day.
Tuesday: "Pic of the Day. Since it is the 200th Picture of the Day, I would like to announce that the Smash Bros Roster is exactly 200 characters!"

Nah, I don't expect anything special, but I am sure he will mention it, and probably post something like he did with Pic 100.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
What if Sakurai confirms Ridley as a stage hazard tomorrow?
What will happen to this site...?
I'll save up for a trip to Japan and finish what his arm injuries started. Seriously, at this point Ridley as a stage hazard would be asking for a massive outrage.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I really hope Ridley is an assist trophy just so I can laugh at all the rage.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I feel like we'll get some good stuff this week. I am kinda expecting Yoshi on Friday. Is there a chance we see both Yoshi and his own stage on the same day, similar to Olimar?

Also, before E3, I expect to see Yoshi, Wario, a newcomer, and 3 random veterans.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
I personally am hoping for the ultimate troll that Sakurai could pull, show off Ridley as a stage hazard on Pyrosphere on a monday just to show Meta Ridley at the next friday as a playable character. The tears of that week gonna be delicious and the reveal that the tears were for nothing are going to be even better.

The only thing that could make this even better is if he actually put the same text under the monday pic as he did with Waluigi. "Keep trying Ridley" :p

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
As to the Meta Knight discussion, I don't see why he would have to appear in order to be revealed along with the game so long as it's in his series. For the most part, the reason they tie them in is to promote the game, which is more done through the link at the bottom of the page than the character itself.

Zelda does not appear as her Smash version in ALBW, Marth did not at all appear in FE:A yet that was his tie-in game at the bottom of his page. (Though as Xenoblaze will point out, this was not the case in Japan)

As to the Ridley talk. I don't see why people would revel in the fact that some people would be disappointed if he isn't a playable character. Like how little do you have going on that something like that brings you joy?

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Quick question. What is the possibility of seeing Yoshi this Friday and then Wario on the 20th for Island Tour? Unlikely or what?
I think at this point we have to admit that we're just hoping for whatever date is closest as opposed to what coheres.

We're expecting Yoshi on the NA date, but Wario for a Japan date of a game that came and went in NA without mention, but then we also think that Meta Knight might happen on the NA date of a game that gave us a Japan date character?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Marth did not at all appear in FE:A yet that was his tie-in game at the bottom of his page.
It's worth noting that only applies to every other region that isn't Japan.

On the official website in Japan, Marth's page instead links to the Japan-only Fire Emblem: New Mystery of The Emblem, a remake of the third game in the franchise.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Possible. The only thing going against Yoshi in anyway is the Yoshi's game isn't going to be released in Japan until summer sometime. Diddy kind of damages that idea since he was revealed on the NA release date. Though I wonder if that would of been the case if Nintendo Direct hadn't been on the JPN release date, guess we'll find that out this week if Yoshi is revealed or not.

As far as Wario for Island Tour, it's probably just as likely as unlikely in that case as though Wario is in Island Tour it's not a game related to him in particular so I don't know I'd call that with any kind of certainity

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Quick question. What is the possibility of seeing Yoshi this Friday and then Wario on the 20th for Island Tour? Unlikely or what?
There's a decent chance. There's also a decent chance of something Pokemon related being revealed this Wednesday for the Japanese release of Pokemon Battle Trozei. Some people even speculate that we might even get a Nintendo Direct this week because there's two days where Nintendo is doing major maintenance to the online infrastructure for both the 3DS and Wii U. Either way, I think this is going to be a good week.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
All I know is that there is a good chance for a reveal this week. Either Yoshi or perhaps Jigglypuff for Trozei?
If that's our pics I would definitely hope for Yoshi haha. On a related note, part of me wants him to be a bit changed up.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
So, daylight savings. Will it be our savior, or will it be our demise!!!
Or just entirely inconsequential.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
So, daylight savings. Will it be our savior, or will it be our demise!!!
Or just entirely inconsequential.
Oh damn huh. Does Japan do it? If not I guess it doesn't matter, but I guess the pics are up at 2 for me now...

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Oh damn huh. Does Japan do it? If not I guess it doesn't matter, but I guess the pics are up at 2 for me now...
Japan does not. So presumably it changes update times by an hour for those countries that do do daylight savings time. Unless Sakurai decides to adjust for it.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Yeah I meant that with DST I'll be getting them at 2 now. Where in the world do they update at midnight? Maybe it's just based on that?

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
No; Daylight Savings is an exclusively American thing. If you got pics at 2, you won't get them until 3 now if you live in the States.
Actually a lot of places do DST or something analogous. But Japan isn't one of them.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
No; Daylight Savings is an exclusively American thing. If you got pics at 2, you won't get them until 3 now if you live in the States.
It also affects Europe.

When the updates first happened the updates came on at 10AM for me, but when DST ended the pictures came up at 8AM and have done so since. Not sure why it changed by two hours, it was probably at 9AM to begin with and I was just mistaken.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

We don't have daylight savings down here in Arizona, so I'm going to be getting pics at the regular time.

suckers

Last edited by a moderator:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Tiny pocket of orange master race.

This goes both ways, methinks. If Ridley is confirmed playable, Miiverse is going to flip its ****. And certain Youtube personalities.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Tiny pocket of orange master race.

This goes both ways, methinks. If Ridley is confirmed playable, Miiverse is going to flip its ****. And certain Youtube idiots.
Fixed.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well guys, I'm doing it. For all of Spring Break, I'm not going to view the pic of the day, or get on Smashboards. That way, an entire week of pics will await me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom