• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juddy96

Smash Lord
What would be even better is if Sakurai semi-trolled us and revealed somebody like Wario or Ness on Yoshi's New Island release date.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Honestly, to tell you the truth, to best way to see a 3DS picture, is on a 3DS.
And that's what probably happening here.
It's not that it's terrible, it's just the quality...
This is very very true. It just doesn't work that well to blow the picture way beyond the screen size it's supposed to be viewed, and things tend to look better in motion. Yoshi's New Island is one recent example of this. All the trailers really put me off, but seeing it in action has been not terribad.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This is very very true. It just doesn't work that well to blow the picture way beyond the screen size it's supposed to be viewed, and things tend to look better in motion. Yoshi's New Island is one recent example of this. All the trailers really put me off, but seeing it in action has been not terribad.
Eh, I dunno. I really like the 3DS pics, myself.

LoneR.O.B.

Smash Cadet
I still can't see the Miiverse post...
Randomly generated stage... I always thought about this.
The Animal Crossing stages are very interesting since Brawl. The day/night feature was something unuseful, but yet great.
I'm expecting this one will be yet more interesting, since maybe the platforms and features may be random.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Eh, I dunno. I really like the 3DS pics, myself.
I'm usually good with them myself. Just every so often one'll pop up where I just go "hmm... that'll look much nicer when I actually have game."

Last edited:

LoneR.O.B.

Smash Cadet
I am the only one wondering, by looking at the pic of the day, if I will be able to really see those tiny characters on the screen of my standard 3DS? XL shold be fine, but I don't know about the original one...
And the items... small...

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I am the only one wondering, by looking at the pic of the day, if I will be able to really see those tiny characters on the screen of my standard 3DS? XL shold be fine, but I don't know about the original one...
I have the original model too and I used to worry about this. As a tiny bit of a test I've tried watching trailers and things on it full screen, and while it looked horrendous because of the video quality, I don't think size will be a big problem.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hence why they added the outlines, which should make things a little easier to see.

I've got a 3DS XL so I shouldn't really be having too much troubles with making out what is going on in the game, but it might be a little troublesome for those who own the original or the 2DS I suppose. Guess we will have to wait it out and see....

LoneR.O.B.

Smash Cadet
I have some vision issues, too, which I don't know what the words in English are... maybe near-sighted and astigmatism, whatever. :p
Today's pic have the characters too small, but I don't know if the screen stays that way while playing or was just some of Sakurai's developer privilege of panoramical screenshots.
Still, the 3DS version will be the first one I will buy (and the first game I will buy for my 3DS).

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hence why they added the outlines, which should make things a little easier to see.

I've got a 3DS XL so I shouldn't really be having too much troubles with making out what is going on in the game, but it might be a little troublesome for those who own the original or the 2DS I suppose. Guess we will have to wait it out and see....
Would you say the 3DS XL was worth it?

Also: Liking the look of the new stage.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Would you say the 3DS XL was worth it?

Also: Liking the look of the new stage.
Well in my personal opinion, I prefer it over the original 3DS yeah, it has a larger screen (duh), slightly better battery life, and feels more comfortable on my hands than the original did. And you won't be irritated by these top screen scratches anymore that plagued the original 3DS. But that's just my opinion. If you want to upgrade to an XL then I'd say go for it, but you might want to test it out for yourself and see if you like it better I guess.

But yeah, a little back on topic, the stage is looking pretty sweet.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

Another thing to note is it's probably zoomed out.
To showcase the entire stage...

LoneR.O.B.

Smash Cadet
"Pic of the day. Today, the green reptile enters the fight. Tamagon is now an Assist Trophy."
That kind of troll update is Sakurai-ish.
Yoshi is being too obvious, he certainly will not let this so easy.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The thing is that we've been getting a character every 2-3 weeks for a while now so one is "due" this coming week anyway. If you do the math on character reveals, we kinda need characters at this rate for everything being shown by the end of 2014 to make sense. We're at 24 characters now. If we get some character next week and then one every three weeks after that, there would be 14 characters shown by the end of the year which would put us at 38 characters shown before launch if the game comes out in late December. Just consider how many obviously returning veterans there are:

Yoshi
Wario
Sheik
Ganon
ZSS
Ice Climbers
Meta Knight
Falco
Captain Falcon
At least one more of the Pokemon characters
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch

So far Marth, Luigi, Lucario, and Toon Link have already been shown so I don't see a terrible significance to who used to be a secret character. I personally expect all of these to be shown sometime before release. That's twelve right there, and between any further newcomers and other veterans who may return (IMO at this point every member of the Brawl cast should be seen as a strong possibility so also be thinking about R.O.B., Wolf, another Pokemon character, Ike, Lucas, and Snake), we have quite a crowded reveal schedule I imagine and plenty of wiggle room for something like a multi-reveal E3. From this point forward, I'd consider it highly irregular for 3 weeks to pass without a character.

Looking over that character list, it's also clear to me that this Yoshi's New Island release is basically the last "obvious" reveal remaining. Ness, Captain Falcon, G&W, Falco, and Ice Climbers are all from effectively dead series. Kirby just had a release, and I don't think there's another one on the schedule for 2014. We know nothing about any Metroid, or Wario games in the works, and any that do come will probably come after smash. We might get one of the Zelda characters with Hyrule Warriors, but at this point, we don't know if Sheik or Ganon have a role in that game at all and it's not really a first party game so it's not that safe of a bet. Sure Sakurai could wait for the Japanese release for Yoshi and instead give us a Pokemon character for Pokemon Battle Trozei (the only Pokemon game on the horizon), but who would even be upset over that? I generally don't believe in trying to predict Sakurai too much, but the slow pace of reveals for much of 2013 kinda limits his hand here in 2014 unless he plans to info-dump us at some point which would be pretty out of character. For my part, I'll be decently surprised if next week ends with no character reveal.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Ness, Captain Falcon, G&W, Falco, and Ice Climbers are all from effectively dead series.
That sad moment when having five released games, an unreleased one and a remake count as being dead for a series, with the remake being on the current portable console, and the last game that wasn't a remake being on the second most current portable console. Also, I'm not disagreeing with you by any means. Starfox is dead, unfortunately :(.

Speaking of Starfox, even though we just got a stage reveal (technically since the only other picture we have of it gave us no information and was pretty much a tease) and the most obvious choice for a character reveal in the following week is either Yoshi or a Pokemon, I would love it if we got either a Starfox stage for Wii U (Sauria please) or the 3DS, or if we got either a returning Starfox character or a new one (Krystal! ;-; ).

Of all of those the only one I see happening any time soon is a returning Starfox character since newcomers get videos and most if not all of them have been revealed during directs and with us just getting a new stage, I don't see us getting another one so soon. Heck I'd be happy if we got confirmation of either the Smart Bomb coming back or a new Starfox item.

The only love Starfox has gotten recently is Fox being in the spotlight to show the change in jabs like his. Other than that, Fox just gets treated like a punching bag.

Last edited:

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
We can get Meta Knight for the EU/NA release of Kirby Triple Deluxe. It's the best day to reveal him, even if we already got DDD when this game was released in Japan.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
We can get Meta Knight for the EU/NA release of Kirby Triple Deluxe. It's the best day to reveal him, even if we already got DDD when this game was released in Japan.
I could see that. There's no precedent whatsoever for it, but I could see that haha.

I just kinda feel like he'd wanna get Meta Knight out as soon as possible, or at least with enough time to talk about any changes to him or others that have made him less OP.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I honestly do expect MetaKnight for Kirby's release. And I bet he will talk about his nerfs in the same post, haha.

But for Monday's pic... umm. Baby Mario in a bubble. Hehe.

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
looks like a decent stage, im just waiting for yoshi to finally get revealed though
But for Monday's pic... umm. Baby Mario in a bubble. Hehe.
Let's say Sakurai does follows what he did for DK:TF (that is releasing Diddy Kong to commemorate the American release). Whose to say it would happen again? I'm mean, it's likely, but not as likely as showing off for the Japanese release date like he's done with others.

Imo, I think he's goin' to troll and give us something like Lucas, but I'm all for predictable veteran reveals like Yoshi. Actually, I wonder how colorful Yoshi would be in SSB4.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm actually kind of hyped for this week. Last week got out the way the obligatory returning item and new stage pics so, aside from a new item, all that's left on the monthly check list is character related stuff (fighters, ATs, and pokeballs) and with two games coming out, there's a good chance that at least two of these things will be shown this week.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Ness, Captain Falcon, G&W, Falco, and Ice Climbers are all from effectively dead series.
Simple, then we look at anniversaries.
Which day is who's celebration?
For example. Mr. G&W's is coming up soon. April 28th to be specific.
...Which is a Monday.

Don't forget, they could end up being random reveals, or post-release.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Meta Knight doesn't appear in Triple Deluxe.

D

Deleted member

To have a reveal be tied to a game's release, you'd expect to the character to be at the very least present in the game they're being tied to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom