• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Definitely going to be banned competitively if it doesn't have a default look. Even if it doesn't have any hazards, it's going to be impossible to predict which layout shows up.

(Casually, though, this looks like TONS of fun, though.)
Do competitive players seriously don't play a stage when it has changing layouts even though these layouts are competitively-viable? That's just sad.

But woohoo! At last a real update! No more of this we-already-know-them gameplay mechanics bull****! Actual content!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think this stage might be a good coutnerpick against characters that specialize in meteor smashes. If the 3DS version sees any tourney use.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
The 3ds version has the better stages so far. Of course all of them will be banned from tourneys but still... The wiiu version's only good stages are pyrosphere and the galaxy stage. I don't think i'm getting the 3ds version but I like the stages so far.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Very cool, this is what a stage should look like, I'm kinda disappointed by the generic floating platform in the sky stage that the wii u got. Does anyone know if the Wii U's animal crossing stage randomly places the platforms because so far it just looks like battlefield and do the platform(s) move like on smashville in brawl? I hope that you can swim in the water on this stage. I wonder if this stage will also feature a day/night version.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Love how Sakurai comments on how he mentions that he also catches the bugs on the island to get lots of Bells.
It definitely seems that it's random every time you pick it, which gives it both a lot of variety and shows how big the 3DS version is gonna be.
Though I wonder from a detail perspective. Would Pascal show up, swimming in the background and with Pete flying?
If you swim close to Pascal, he starts to tell you his infamous quotes! "Woah, man... What's with all the fisticuffs? Like, make pie, not war, dude!"

What if in Coin Battles, only Villager can use his Net grab to catch bugs and whatnot and instantly make tons of coins with each one!

Last edited by a moderator:

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
The only handheld Wii Fit game (waistheld?) is the Fit Meter… There's a really Wii Fit-esque game on the DS called Personal Trainer: Walking, and it's the Fit Meter's predecessor…so there's that.
We probably going to have the same Wii Fit stage from the Wii U version (The Punch Out stage is the same in both version).

Anyway, I'm digging the 3DS stages; seem way more fun and unique compare to the Wii U ones.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Do competitive players seriously don't play a stage when it has changing layouts even though these layouts are competitively-viable? That's just sad.

But woohoo! At last a real update! No more of this we-already-know-them gameplay mechanics bull****! Actual content!
As I have said, every Smash is someone's first Smash, so every non-nose update brings good info to a lot of players. This is a 'hardcore' Smash Forum, of course most will find Dedede's update to be lackluster. But seriously, that update is NOT bull****, and it would be nice if people could remember that.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Definitely going to be banned competitively if it doesn't have a default look. Even if it doesn't have any hazards, it's going to be impossible to predict which layout shows up.

(Casually, though, this looks like TONS of fun, though.)
Maybe not if it has a set number of layouts like Frigate Orpheon or Castle Siege does.

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
The 3ds version has the better stages so far. Of course all of them will be banned from tourneys but still... The wiiu version's only good stages are pyrosphere and the galaxy stage. I don't think i'm getting the 3ds version but I like the stages so far.
No love for Pilot Wings stage?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im a hardass for stages without hazards so Im hyped as all hell for Smashville 2.0.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
This was a nice week for updates. Probably the most consistently good one in a while.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
The other day I was wondering when we would see this stage again. It looks loads of fun.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Technically, if you Count the Mac one as Three pics (which is is, kinda), we got 9 Pics of the Day this week. Is that a record?

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Yay, more 3DS shots. Glad to see the best version of the game is getting some love from Sakurai.

The New Leaf stage looks cool, but I hope it has some sort of hazard. Hazardless stages are so boring usually.

Edit: Not necessarily hazards, but some cameos/references of the game would be interesting. Like maybe beetles flying from the trees or something.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Though, all this talk about Animal Crossing reminds me to pay of some debt...
...I'll do it later.

But, the only question I see is with Kappa.
Maybe he's on the bridge? Or maybe you go on his boat for a while...

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
No Tom Nook in sight. This is good news. :cool:
*checks your Sig* Oh Arceus no, you really want a character that will OneHitKO everyone with debt? You really want the game to be horrible unbalanced? D:

Anywas, Yoshi may be revealed next Friday, so... anyone Think we'll see a Baby Mario with him?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We were technically 4 for 5 this week when it came to new information so it's a great start to the month. The next two weeks will probably see at least one character reveal with Yoshi's New Island releasing in NA/EU next Friday, Pokemon Battle Trozei coming out this Wednesday in Japan, and Mario Party Island Tour coming out in Japan on the 20th (maybe Wario?).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
We were technically 4 for 5 this week when it came to new information so it's a great start to the month. The next two weeks will probably see at least one character reveal with Yoshi's New Island releasing in NA/EU next Friday, Pokemon Battle Trozei coming out this Wednesday in Japan, and Mario Party Island Tour coming out in Japan on the 20th (maybe Wario?).
Just watch.
Next week it'll be all troll pics.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
"We have nothing to show for Pokemon Battle Trozei/Yoshi's New Island; really."

*Picture shows the back of Pokemon Trainer's/Yoshi's head*
Even better.
"Pic of the day. To celebrate the release of Pokemon Battle Trozei, here's Pikachu! Isn't he cute?"

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Pic of the Day: "To celebrate the release of Pokémon Battle Trozei, I will be busy playing it, so no pic today!"

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
"Pic of the Day. Yoshi's New Island is out now in North America! To celebrate, here's a close up of everyone's favorite green, big-nosed hero!"

Dairz

Smash Ace
If Yoshi doesn't get revealed for whatever reason, I hope a bunch of people don't be like "YOSHIDECONFIRMEDNODISCONFIRMEDYOUIDIOTOKSUREYOSHIDISCONFIRMED".
That would get annoying..

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If Yoshi doesn't get revealed for whatever reason, I hope a bunch of people don't be like "YOSHIDECONFIRMEDNODISCONFIRMEDYOUIDIOTOKSUREYOSHIDISCONFIRMED".
That would get annoying..
We've been doing that already...

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
A lot of people already mentioned the center tree being a platform, but if you look closely, I think the palm tree on the left is a slanted platform, too. Or maybe that was obvious. :p

Anyway, neat looking stage. I kind of doubt it'll be randomly generated or anything complicated like that. It'll probably just have a few layouts it can cycle through, or maybe a few variables like the presence of certain platforms and background elements that are randomized.

Also, there's not really any telling whether or not it'll be banned until we get our hands on the game. :p Depending on the various possible layouts, I think it could easily be a counterpick stage.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I've always wanted to see the tropical island be a stage. Although the layout for this one looks... off. What's up with the random puddle of water? Those never appear on the tropical islands in AC games. Maybe it could be a concave in the ground and the waves could fluctuate closer to shore every now and then. I mean, where do you think that ridged ground come from anyways? Also, those fruit trees just look... eww. Their foliages are different shapes and they are stretched out. Are those supposed to be Divi Divi trees with lemons hanging from them? Maybe they could be platforms. Oh, and if fruit grows every now and then and you can make them drop, that would make a nice gimmick. Mmmm, healing fruits.

Well, it's safe to say Kapp'n also going to make an appearance by the dock. Whether his boat stays permanently or sails away every now and then remains to be seen. I suppose the angle shown in today's pic isn't the full length of the stage on the left and right sides. Hopefully you'll be able to enter the water, confirming the return of swimming!

Anyway, neat looking stage. I kind of doubt it'll be randomly generated or anything complicated like that. It'll probably just have a few layouts it can cycle through, or maybe a few variables like the presence of certain platforms and background elements that are randomized.

Also, there's not really any telling whether or not it'll be banned until we get our hands on the game. :p Depending on the various possible layouts, I think it could easily be a couterpick stage.
Actually, now that I think about it, a couple of randomly-selected stage layouts would be a cool feature besides Mushroomy Kingdom. Randomly generated might work if they do it correctly. True to the nature of Animal Crossing too.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I know, but it would get even worse...
Especially Miiverse.
Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they did it right now...

I've always wanted to see the tropical island be a stage. Although the layout for this one looks... off. What's up with the random puddle of water? Those never appear on the tropical islands in AC games. Maybe it could be a concave in the ground and the waves could fluctuate closer to shore every now and then. I mean, where do you think that ridged ground come from anyways? Also, those fruit trees just look... eww. Their foliages are different shapes and they are stretched out. Are those supposed to be Divi Divi trees with lemons hanging from them? Maybe they could be platforms. Oh, and if fruit grows every now and then and you can make them drop, that would make a nice gimmick. Mmmm, healing fruits.
Honestly, to tell you the truth, to best way to see a 3DS picture, is on a 3DS.
And that's what probably happening here.
It's not that it's terrible, it's just the quality...

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
That could probably be said for all 3DS stages. At least to me, a fair number of them look really polished enough such as Spirit Train or Arena Ferox that I'm still impressed by them looking with the 3D off. I'll probably come to like this stage, but its presentation just doesn't compare to the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom