• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
****ing beautiful.

THIS is an update.

I guess there are like 5 versions of this stage then? I can't really see it going beyond that number. Or is it like randomly generated every time? That would be kinda huge.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Is this the same Animal Crossing stage we've already seen on the 3DS or a second one? If it's the same one, could it be that you travel back and forth and keep geting different random islands? I'm kinda unclear about this, and I don't really know anything about Animal Crossing.
It's the same stage, however, the layout changes everytime you choose the stage

If it is built randomly everytime you choose the stage it would be nice if you could save certain layouts you like.

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
Is this the same Animal Crossing stage we've already seen on the 3DS or a second one? If it's the same one, could it be that you travel back and forth and keep geting different random islands? I'm kinda unclear about this, and I don't really know anything about Animal Crossing.
Same one. This caption tells it all...

"What a beautiful day. On this stage, fighters are randomly placed on a different island layout every time they visit. Yar, come back anytime will ya?"

Staarih

Smash Master
Nice, stage info! I had almost forgotten about this stage haha. So if the island layout is random everytime, do you think the background characters will be too? At least Tortimer is only in one of the pics.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
It's certainly this one.

Because Kap'n in it and it matches with the planks.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Definitely going to be banned competitively if it doesn't have a default look. Even if it doesn't have any hazards, it's going to be impossible to predict which layout shows up.

(Casually, though, this looks like TONS of fun, though.)

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Quality Friday update. I'm happy. Looking forward to Yoshi's reveal next week, if it happens.

Goodnight folks.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
There's no reason this stage would be banned just because of a random layout. That doesn't even make sense; we've had hundreds of tournaments with random stage select in the past so what difference would it be if a stage had a random layout?

I'm also not entirely convinced based on Sakurai's posts that it's random on stage load and then permanent for the match. We don't know everything the stage does; it's entirely possible you enter and leave the island and cycle through layouts like PictoChat etc.. Given Kappn's presence, I could easly imagine this having a transformation mechanic.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I still don't quite get the way the actual platforms will work.. those trees look like you can get on them, so I'm guessing that's, but the edges look so strange. I'm gonna assume it's a walk off but since there's water there, it's a bit strange looking as far as walk offs go.

Sucks we probably won't see anything about this stage for the rest of the pre-launch hype era XD

Also someone take not of how long ago he showed us the first screen teasing this; let the countdown for a better look at KI's stage on Wii U begin!

juddy96

Smash Lord
Unfortunately since I don't have money to get a Wii U right now, my only chance is for the 3ds version (I have a 3ds already). Been wanting to use it since X&Y. Looks like an awesome stage. Quality week of updates.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'm also not entirely convinced based on Sakurai's posts that it's random on stage load and then permanent for the match. We don't know everything the stage does; it's entirely possible you enter and leave the island and cycle through layouts like PictoChat etc.. Given Kappn's presence, I could easly imagine this having a transformation mechanic.
I don't know about that. Knowing how the island works in AC, and given his phrasing of "every time they visit," I think there's more to suggest that we get a different layout on load.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So Yoshi for next Friday is a lock.
I hope we get an actual new WiiU stage also, or at least a good look at the Kid Icarus one.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Anyone realize we got 3DS screens this week? Two of them in a row at that D=

Wonder if we'll be seeing more 3DS love in the coming weeks. Wouldn't surprise me with a potential Yoshi reveal, given his game on 3DS.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I don't know about that. Knowing how the island works in AC, and given his phrasing of "every time they visit," I think there's more to suggest that we get a different layout on load.
I mean... we have no basis to judge that at all is what I'm saying. Sakurai said each time you go to the island; if it's a static stage, it's definitely on load, but if it's dynamic, there's basically no way it could work other than leaving the island. I'm all for reading into exactly what Sakurai is saying and extrapolating, but in this case, I think his language is incredibly ambiguous to the point that it could be either way. Like... this update is so vague that we don't even know what parts of the stage constitute "ground"... I do notice that it's surrounded by water though; swimming confirmed to return?

As per whether you can specify forms, it has gone both ways in the past on stages with multiple load-outs. Mushroomy Kingdom let the player pick 1-1 or 1-2 based on held buttons, but Spear Pillar and Shadow Moses Island (random background Metal Gears) did not though to be fair it's also not clear just how different these various layouts are. If they're really similar, there may be no reason to let us pick but also not a huge amount of significance in which one is picked.

EDIT: And, uh, how does this island work in Animal Crossing? I am super familiar with basically every other smash represented series, but I know basically nothing about Animal Crossing.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
wrong topic;; No post deleting? ok, sure, that's cool...

ot, Animal Crossing, never played, so not really hyped for the stage. But the whole randomized stage-swap deal sounds neat.

Last edited:

WIldBam

Smash Apprentice
So Yoshi for next Friday is a lock.
I hope we get an actual new WiiU stage also, or at least a good look at the Kid Icarus one.
I wouldn't say yoshi is for sure going to happen next friday. They may push him back until the Japan release of that game like what happened with zelda, but I hope you're right though, would be cool to see what he looks like soon and get an obvious veteran return out of the way.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Woohoo! Finally some info on this stage and it looks great! I'm loving all the extra details this game is providing, from the random islands to the several cameo appearances, this stage does AC:NL some justice.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I mean... we have no basis to judge that at all is what I'm saying. Sakurai said each time you go to the island; if it's a static stage, it's definitely on load, but if it's dynamic, there's basically no way it could work other than leaving the island. I'm all for reading into exactly what Sakurai is saying and extrapolating, but in this case, I think his language is incredibly ambiguous to the point that it could be either way. Like... this update is so vague that we don't even know what parts of the stage constitute "ground"... I do notice that it's surrounded by water though; swimming confirmed to return?

As per whether you can specify forms, it has gone both ways in the past on stages with multiple load-outs. Mushroomy Kingdom let the player pick 1-1 or 1-2 based on held buttons, but Spear Pillar and Shadow Moses Island (random background Metal Gears) did not though to be fair it's also not clear just how different these various layouts are. If they're really similar, there may be no reason to let us pick but also not a huge amount of significance in which one is picked.
I don't know, I really don't find what he said to be that vague. I'll grant you the stage's exact layout as far as what constitutes platforms is kinda funky, especially with the angles he gave us, but as far as what is meant by "every time they visit," I don't see how there's room to interpret that as "go from island to island." I guess my point is that considering what the islands are in AC:NL, there's really no reason to think that the change would be dynamic.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Love how Sakurai comments on how he mentions that he also catches the bugs on the island to get lots of Bells.
It definitely seems that it's random every time you pick it, which gives it both a lot of variety and shows how big the 3DS version is gonna be.
Though I wonder from a detail perspective. Would Pascal show up, swimming in the background and with Pete flying?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Definitely going to be banned competitively if it doesn't have a default look. Even if it doesn't have any hazards, it's going to be impossible to predict which layout shows up.

(Casually, though, this looks like TONS of fun, though.)
I'm happy I'm not the only one who thinks like that.

Everytime I see I new stage, I'm like "Oh, that is sooooo banned."

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Don't know why I'm still fairly skeptical about seeing Yoshi next week. We didn't get Zelda till the Japanese release of that game, so I guess I just somehow find that more significant than Diddy who I feel was postponed due to the Direct more than anything.

Shroob

Sup?
Don't know why I'm still fairly skeptical about seeing Yoshi next week. We didn't get Zelda till the Japanese release of that game, so I guess I just somehow find that more significant than Diddy who I feel was postponed due to the Direct more than anything.
Yoshi's game doesn't come out in Japan til some time in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom