• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
That's a harder sell than angling smashes, especially on the more-difficult-to-angle-precisely 3DS circle pad. Angling smashes is easier since you can input up or down while charging the smash, whereas angling tilts requires very precise control pad inputs that would be easy to mess up. As such, if it happens with another character(s), I'd bet the only time we'd see different moves rather than just different angles will likely be on Smashes.
It's funny, I think the 3DS Circle Pad's much more precise than your Run-of-the-mill controller stick.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
We're long overdue for a new stage... Every time I've guessed this though it's been something completely different so I'm going to go with *insert any possibility aside from a new stage here*
Forget a new stage, I just want to see the Kid Icarus stage again. The fact that Sakurai showed us that picture almost a month ago and hasn't spoken since is downright mean :(

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Forget a new stage, I just want to see the Kid Icarus stage again. The fact that Sakurai showed us that picture almost a month ago and hasn't spoken since is downright mean :(
How long after the first SMG tease did we get a proper reveal for that? Maybe it'll be that long again.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Gerudo Valley knows your pain. Months after a fire is shown, boom! Culprits are Twinrova. That's how Sakurai rolls.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd like to see a new stage too, either more about the Kid Icarus or Animal Crossing New Leaf stages that were teased. Or just a new stage from Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Starfox or Kirby would be nice.

juddy96

Smash Lord
I'm feeling an assist trophy today. 5/6 assist trophies that have been shown so far have come on Thursday or Friday. Ashley was the exception (Wednesday)

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Well tomorrow is the day before my birthday, so I'd like something nice to end the week on. XD

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
We've seen basically nothing of a lot of the 3DS stages. The Animal Crossing one, the Find Mii or whatever stage (green dragon place), and the Mario Kart stage all come to mind. The only Wii U stage we have basically no knowledge of is the Kid Icarus one.

In terms of franchises we've seen, we still don't have any stages for DK, Star Fox, Kirby, or Pokemon. We also still don't have a 3DS Metroid, Punch Out, or Wii Fit stage or a Wii U Fire Emblem stage. There are clearly a lot of stages that remain to be shown, perhaps more unshown stages than characters at this point.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
We've seen basically nothing of a lot of the 3DS stages. The Animal Crossing one, the Find Mii or whatever stage (green dragon place), and the Mario Kart stage all come to mind. The only Wii U stage we have basically no knowledge of is the Kid Icarus one.

In terms of franchises we've seen, we still don't have any stages for DK, Star Fox, Kirby, or Pokemon. We also still don't have a 3DS Metroid, Punch Out, or Wii Fit stage or a Wii U Fire Emblem stage. There are clearly a lot of stages that remain to be shown, perhaps more unshown stages than characters at this point.
To be fair we haven't had any 3DS gameplay footage since E3.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace

We actually have gotten pics of the Punch Out! Stage on 3DS. It's just the same as the Wii U one.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I am not really exited for stage updates anymore since usually we we do we just get a tease closeup of a very small portion of the stage

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx

I don't think we'll get the same Wii fit stage as on the wii. U. The mirror processing the reflection of everything happening probably takes a lot of power. Maybe. I'm guessing.

juddy96

Smash Lord
I want 2 see a certain assist trophy, a villain that is often forgotten amidst the hustle n' bustle of the Mario games...

Kamek

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
If Sakurai truly cares about America then he will announce a snow themed level... My gosh its Spring break next week and Its supposed to snow all next week too...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Since I'll be out when the new pic gets uploaded I'm gonna guess now it's a veteran reveal.

D

Deleted member

I just want to see what Captain Falcon & Snake (If he is even getting a reveal) will look like this time in SSB4.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

If Sakurai truly cares about America then he will announce a snow themed level... My gosh its Spring break next week and Its supposed to snow all next week too...
Not down here...(single tear)
And I'm thinking either an item or a stage. I FEEL IT IN ME BONES!

Shroob

Sup?
Veteran reveal would be nice after this week of pretty good content, but I'm not expecting one til next week.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Since I'll be out when the new pic gets uploaded I'm gonna guess now it's a veteran reveal.
You know, I'm at my computer for almost every single PotD, but for 6 of the 12 announced characters, I've been out somewhere. It's like Sakurai has a copy of my diary.

FYI, I'm out tonight. Get hyped.

FYI, I'm an assist trophy.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I believe we have 14 left
Actually, we have twenty Brawl Veterans left (if we count Sheik and ZSS, and PK Trainer as three individual characters).

Here's the list for reference (in order of series):

-Sheik
-Ganondorf
-Zero Suit Samus
-Meta Knight
-Falco
-Wolf
-PK Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)
-Jigglypuff
-Yoshi
-Captain Falcon
-Ness
-Lucas
-Ike
-Wario
-Ice Climbers
-Game & Watch
-R.O.B.
-Snake

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
-Sheik
-Ganondorf
-Zero Suit Samus
-Meta Knight
-Falco
-Wolf
-Jigglypuff
-Yoshi
-Captain Falcon
-Ness
-Lucas
-Ike

-Wario
-Ice Climbers
-Game & Watch
-R.O.B.
-Snake

Bold and Italic are the characters I'm scared will get cut.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
-Sheik
-Ganondorf
-Zero Suit Samus
-Meta Knight
-Falco
-Wolf
-Jigglypuff
-Yoshi
-Captain Falcon
-Ness
-Lucas
-Ike

-Wario
-Ice Climbers
-Game & Watch
-R.O.B.
-Snake

Bold and Italic are the characters I'm scared will get cut.
I don't think you have too much to worry about. Maybe 1 out of 6 will get cut, but a lot are pretty safe, IMO.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I don't think you have too much to worry about. Maybe 1 out of 6 will get cut, but a lot are pretty safe, IMO.
Snake and Wolf would probably be the top 2 out of the selection.

Snake is obvious, but Wolf...

I mean to be completely serious for a second here...even as an avid StarFox fan, I can't see 4 reps in Smash 4. Especially given that Nintendo hasn't really shown the series any love lately. A 3DS Remake doesn't cut it for me, I'm talking series progression.

The only way Wolf stays in is if Krystal doesn't make it in, or Falco gets the axe instead. (dear god no)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Wasn't Snake in a really bad spot due to third party non-cooperation this time around? I swear I heard that somewhere, but I'd love to be wrong since he was a really fun addition to the roster.

I'd expect Ike to get cut before Wolf to be honest due to the ever-changing roster of Fire Emblem games (see: Pokemon's ever updating roster causing Mewtwo to get replaced with the newer Lucario). Granted, I'm no expert on Fire Emblem so you know

Meta Knight is almost certainly coming back because he's too ingrained into the Smash series after Brawl happened to be cut without serious outcry. The same is true for Jigglypuff, for that matter.

There is almost no way Falco would get cut; if anyone in the Star Fox series were to go it would be Wolf, and like I said I'd be surprised if he didn't make it back in too (though if Krystal got in, which to be honest I'd be very surprised to see happen, then yeah Wolf not getting a spot would make sense).

Zero Suit Samus and Sheik really are curiously up-in-the-air, which is sad because both were such unique and fun characters. I'd be sad if they both weren't back, that's for darn sure.

I sure hope Ganon is back, and with an actually unique moveset (hell, he could be announced with "New Challenger Approaching!" if that were the case, lol!); lord knows people would hype the living crap out of this game if that happened

Pokemon Trainer is getting axed, I'm almost sure of it. Mewtwo might come back since his Final Smash could easily be one of his Mega Evolutions, though he's another one that I'm (sadly) not holding high hopes of seeing again.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
A Yoshi themed assist trophy would definitely be appropriate. Kamek would be the obvious choice, but could he be to similar to Ashley perhaps? Its a possibility. In that case I will make my oddest prediction yet. A Birdo appearance, in some way shape or form.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Only two of Jigglypuff, Pkmn Trainer, and Mewtwo are getting in. Maybe one. I fear for Jigglypuff as well.

Snake's likely not making the cut either. Probably not Ike either. He might get replaced by another Fire Emblem character.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Wasn't Snake in a really bad spot due to third party non-cooperation this time around? I swear I heard that somewhere, but I'd love to be wrong since he was a really fun addition to the roster.

I'd expect Ike to get cut before Wolf to be honest due to the ever-changing roster of Fire Emblem games (see: Pokemon's ever updating roster causing Mewtwo to get replaced with the newer Lucario). Granted, I'm no expert on Fire Emblem so you know

Meta Knight is almost certainly coming back because he's too ingrained into the Smash series after Brawl happened to be cut without serious outcry. The same is true for Jigglypuff, for that matter.

There is almost no way Falco would get cut; if anyone in the Star Fox series were to go it would be Wolf, and like I said I'd be surprised if he didn't make it back in too (though if Krystal got in, which to be honest I'd be very surprised to see happen, then yeah Wolf not getting a spot would make sense).

Zero Suit Samus and Sheik really are curiously up-in-the-air, which is sad because both were such unique and fun characters. I'd be sad if they both weren't back, that's for darn sure.

I sure hope Ganon is back, and with an actually unique moveset (hell, he could be announced with "New Challenger Approaching!" if that were the case, lol!); lord knows people would hype the living crap out of this game if that happened

Pokemon Trainer is getting axed, I'm almost sure of it. Mewtwo might come back since his Final Smash could easily be one of his Mega Evolutions, though he's another one that I'm (sadly) not holding high hopes of seeing again.
Wait, why would Pkmn Trainer get the axe? He's extremely unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom