• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartholin

Smash Cadet
Falcos recovery sucks too. But he's still a very good character in Brawl and Melee. Little Macs side b actually sends him a good distance horizontally. I think Little Mac will be best on stages like FD. Big with little to no platforms are his best bet. Of course his aerial attacks wont be good so he might not be able to combo as well in the air. But the lack of knock back in aerial attacks may just help combos. Idk.
Ermm... Falcon's good in Brawl? News to me.

On topic, I honestly prefer things like this over veteran reveals (unless that veteran is CF, Ganondorf, Ike, Snake, or Roy..)

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Falcos recovery sucks too. But he's still a very good character in Brawl and Melee. Little Macs side b actually sends him a good distance horizontally. I think Little Mac will be best on stages like FD. Big with little to no platforms are his best bet. Of course his aerial attacks wont be good so he might not be able to combo as well in the air. But the lack of knock back in aerial attacks may just help combos. Idk.
Well, we don't know if Mac's Side Special works like that i the air. ^^ But he is bad enough in the air for Sakurai to mention it many times already, so we can safely asure he is bad. Not just his recovery, but his attacks seems pretty weak there, as well.
He seems so made for the groun that he has two Smash attacks more than anyone else. XD Unless, of course, what Mac does is the new Mode Sakurai mentioned, where you can 'change directions of moves'.

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
Really found found it interesting that Littleac basically has two extra smash attacks

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
Well, we don't know if Mac's Side Special works like that i the air. ^^ But he is bad enough in the air for Sakurai to mention it many times already, so we can safely asure he is bad. Not just his recovery, but his attacks seems pretty weak there, as well.
He seems so made for the groun that he has two Smash attacks more than anyone else. XD Unless, of course, what Mac does is the new Mode Sakurai mentioned, where you can 'change directions of moves'.
Actually yes we do watch the trailer again its the first thing he does when the gameplay starts. He runs then jumps into the air and does his sibe b into the ring. That will for sure help him recover.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Actually yes we do watch the trailer again its the first thing he does when the gameplay starts. He runs then jumps into the air and does his sibe b into the ring. That will for sure help him recover.
I've seen a lot of talk about that, but people seems to argue about if that IS a Special, or just a Air move. :/

OblivionWolf

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0877-1107-8984
I've seen a lot of talk about that, but people seems to argue about if that IS a Special, or just a Air move. :/
Its his side b. People saying its something else are just wrong. Its very clearly to me the same move he uses against Mega Man in the trailer but just in the air.

Accf124

Smash Journeyman
I find it funny how the downwards punch is the most devastating. Low Blow Lil' Mac...

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
So this is quite the interesting update! Angled smashes aren't new, but it seems Little Mac's forward smash has some interesting properties.

I initially posited that this was Little Mac's F-Smash:

Which it would seem may be the straight version. However:

I wasn't sure what this was, but it could be Little Mac's up-angled F-Smash. It looks like Mac has a lot of movement to his F-Smash to compensate for his range. We also see that it sends the opponent on a distinctly upward trajectory as opposed to his straight, which is strongly horizontal. And of course the armor is present in both instances. Little Mac's looking to have a lot of variation in his attack options.

Last edited:

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Yeah, just realized and edited my post. XD

In this case, I think the idea is that you first input the Side Smash, then rotate the stick quarter-turn up or down (or not) during the move to "steer" Mac's punch, leading to one of the three possible outcomes.
I think it pretty clearly works like Weegee's fsmash, just point the stick up or down, no quarter circles.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
As impressive as those smash attack inputs are, they probably won't change the fact that a well-timed block will leave Little Mac vulnerable for some punishment from his adversary.

Staarih

Smash Master
Again with this bull****.
Sakurai should be happy that I'm buying his game.
I agree, he should really take a single person out of millions of gamers into consideration and post better pictures just because this one person isn't satisfied with them so far.

...really now?

Staarih

Smash Master
Argh, my phone won't let me edit.

What I meant to add was that I like how diverse Little Mac is shown to be with the different smashes and the K.O. meter and whatnot. And some people thought he would be bland!

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking more like they're just going to crumple when hit, setting up for tech chases which would be incredible, but maybe that's too visually violent/realistic?

Either way, I'm loving this. Just amazing.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What if the Bowser's kick attack we saw in the first trailer was his F-Smash tilted down :O
*speculation intensifies*

Can I get a severely slow downed version of this? I wanna see the actual frames of when what transitions into each other.
It looks like the two simply link into each other in a very tight link. Or, we may have the ability to cancel into specials now.

I'm thinking more like they're just going to crumple when hit, setting up for tech chases which would be incredible, but maybe that's too visually violent/realistic?

Either way, I'm loving this. Just amazing.
This is a game where swords are swung and no blood or maiming occurs. It shouldn't be a problem.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Another slideshow of pics, makes me wonder if Mac has angled attacks for his U-Smash and D-Smash.
I would assume just his forward smash.. Its similar to Martha's Forward Special (Blade Dance?), with the optional direction input, but with the difference here being the direction changes before the move comes out.

This also raises the question of whether or not the normal fsmash can be angled like Samus/Mario's Fsmash.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I would assume just his forward smash.. Its similar to Martha's Forward Special (Blade Dance?), with the optional direction input, but with the difference here being the direction changes before the move comes out.

This also raises the question of whether or not the normal fsmash can be angled like Samus/Mario's Fsmash.
Here's what I think.
If anything, the different moves are the angled smashes.
You'd just simply pick one while in the charging animation.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Here's what I think.
If anything, the different moves are the angled smashes.
You'd just simply pick one while in the charging animation.
Makes sense...but I'm just wondering if, for the uppercut, you have to go straight up, but if its angled, it'll be the forward punch but higher up.

What you say is probably the case, though. Hope they do that with everyone!

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
This is a game where swords are swung and no blood or maiming occurs. It shouldn't be a problem.
Well yeah, sending someone flying with a bloodless sword slash is goofy, knocking someone out of consciousness with a punch to the gut isn't.

But I don't know, that thought occured to me mid-sentence. Snake's dthrow made it into Brawl as well, a comparable move concept, so yes there might not be a problem at all.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I'm not entirely seeing the comparisons with sword dance here. I get the comparisons with moves like Luigi's diagonal smash because this is the same as that input wise(though that's angling a move differently vs. changing to an entirely different move), but sword dance? Sword dance is basically an auto combo string with multiple options for each hit, which must follow each other in sequence, and each attack has it's own separate imput (as in the full attack requires four separate imputs). Little Mac's Smash is three entirely separate one hit moves that just happen to map really close on the joystick. Sword dance doesn't even use diagonals, at all! Where's the connection?

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Can I get a severely slow downed version of this? I wanna see the actual frames of when what transitions into each other.

Keep in mind this GIF is 20 fps while the video is 30 fps. I'd recommend downloading the Youtube video and using Quicktime or something similar if you want to go frame-by-frame.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I can almost guarantee you his smashes can't be angled. All the angled smashes of the past have had the character remain stationary while using them. Mac's punches shoot him forward quite a bit.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Makes sense...but I'm just wondering if, for the uppercut, you have to go straight up, but if its angled, it'll be the forward punch but higher up.

What you say is probably the case, though. Hope they do that with everyone!
Maybe, that could work

And, to my knowledge.
Only a few characters can angle their F-Smash. And that'll probably happen here...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Do I sense a newly-established emphasis and crafting on techniques that are deemed as "minor" in last games? It seems we might be getting to somewhat new level of technical play if there's gonna be similar techniques shown.

I hope we have more characters using this trope, this might be an evolved form of Forward Smash-attack now. Perhaps like said above, Bowser's Drop Kick is actually his Diagonal Down Smash Attack?

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord

Keep in mind this GIF is 20 fps while the video is 30 fps. I'd recommend downloading the Youtube video and using Quicktime or something similar if you want to go frame-by-frame.
Huh. I never noticed before that he actually super armors through Link's sword. I thought he just hit him right as the attack stopped.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Ahh so this is works kinda like Marth's side special you can aim upwards and downwards with. I like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom