• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Interesting mechanics there for Mac. That body hit has to be the first Smash attack that doesn't blast opponents away.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqFx7WO4Dg
Pic of the day. Little Mac's side smash attack is his straight right punch...but it can transform into an uppercut if you tilt diagonally upward, or a body hook if you tilt diagonally downward. The body hook is the most devastating of these moves and it doesn't blast the opponents away.

The trick in activating these punches is to avoid tilting the controls diagonally from the get go--instead, tilt up or down right after the smash attack starts kicking in. You can also tilt up or down while you're powering up.
Glad to see more info on Mac's moves.

Raccoonman_900

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RMan_900
3DS FC
1418-6736-6840
Switch FC
SW-5350-0976-4122
Pretty interesting that Little Mac has little differences in his Side Smash when tilting up or down. Makes him stand out a lot from other Smash characters.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
One Month Ago: "Durrr, Mac might not get in, he only punches."

Me, Now: "Yes. Yes he does. And he's awesome for it." :grin:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Pic of the day. Little Mac's side smash attack is his straight right punch...but it can transform into an uppercut if you tilt diagonally upward, or a body hook if you tilt diagonally downward. The body hook is the most devastating of these moves and it doesn't blast the opponents away.

The trick in activating these punches is to avoid tilting the controls diagonally from the get go--instead, tilt up or down right after the smash attack starts kicking in. You can also tilt up or down while you're powering up.
Cool. It's like the Boxing equivalent of Marth's Dancing Blade, in that your inputs influence the outcome of the developping move.

Mac reveals himself to be an even further technical fighter. Doc taught him well. :)

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I wonder how this will work if you use the right control stick for smash attacks.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Three days of new, interesting info out of four. Even if friday is a joke this week has been solid for PoTDs.

Edit: First post on page 100, Bam!

Last edited:

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Neato. But it feels like we should've gotten this info the week Mac was revealed...

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Tricky stuff going on here. And he still has two other smashes too. I wonder if they'll be adjustable somehow?

The body hook is devastating, but it doesn't knock away? Is it high in damage then? Big hitstun perhaps? Awesome pic for speculation indeed...

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
That uppercut looks suspiciously similar to the one he does in his trailer when rapid jabbing. Makes me wonder if by a finisher during infinite jabs, Sakurai means you can link into smashes.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
More useful info on Mac. Awesome. I'm gonna enjoy maining him so much. <3

Also, yet again, I'm really starting to find the 3DS version to be the more interesting one of the bunch. ¦D

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473

Called it! ;)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Little Mac definitely has poor range in his attacks. Still, he seems like a character the competitive scene will have a ball with in dissecting his moveset.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if this mechanic would be applied to other characters or it is just a Little Mac thing.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Seems fairly simple to me:

Side B (no added input) = Straight Punch (=>B)

Side B (followed by upward input) = Uppercut (=>B, /\)

Side B (followed by downward input) = Body Blow (=>B, \/)

So it's basically three moves in one. Body Blow deals the most damage, but also deals zero knockback (whereas the other two do have knockback).

It's like Marth's Dancing Blade; once you initiate the Side Special, your further Control Stick inputs during the move will change how it unfolds.

You have to initiate Side B first before doing the stick inputs; as Sakurai notes, you first activate the Special, then hold the stick (or don't) to achieve the desired move.
This is his forward smash, not his forward special.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Interesting. Can't say too much as I probably won't be maining Mac, but more new info is welcome.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
This is his forward smash, not his forward special.
Yeah, just realized and edited my post. XD

In this case, I think the idea is that you first input the Side Smash, then rotate the stick quarter-turn up or down (or not) during the move to "steer" Mac's punch, leading to one of the three possible outcomes.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Little Mac definitely has poor range in his attacks. Still, he seems like a character the competitive scene will have a ball with in dissecting his moveset.
At this point he's probably gonna be low on the tier list.

Hong

The Strongest
I don't plan to play this character, but I am still digging this. Smashers will have a lot of new technology to work with in Smash 4, and stuff like this is technical as ****.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
A lot of super armor can artificially give a character good range because they're able to close in the gap with less risk.

Also, he said Diagonal which is up and away at the same time.

Interesting enough, this is the first time openly acknowledged the diagonal inputs of the game. I can remember when the demand for diagonal smashes was pure fallacy, but it isn't. I hope this breath of diversity exists amongst all the characters in some way or another.

Last edited:

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
Heh...I was half right...just missing the Referee Mario :(.

Anyway this is good stuff to know. I am planning on making Little Mac my main so Its good to know how he works before release.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
Hmm so can you tilt the right stick (C stick) and get the same results for his side smash?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
A lot of characters have angled fsmashes or ftilts, and this is not the first time they've been signifcant other than hitting different places and having somewhat different launch angles. For reasons fairly beyond me, Luigi's angled up fsmash actually hits a lot harder than his neutral or down ones in Brawl so Luigi players who made proper use of that had a significantly more powerful kill option. It is really intersting though that Little Mac has three functionally unique moves as his angled variants of fsmash; it looks like it's angle up to kill up, unangled to kill to the side, and down angled for damage and to continue pressure in addition to the different spaces the hitboxes on these three attacks will control.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
At this point he's probably gonna be low on the tier list.
Potentially. His good mobility and super armor could change that.

Still chances are he won't be top tier with his poor recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom