• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I asure you, overall, it is much better the way Sakurai does now. Leaving plenty of surprises for when we actually play the game. Instead of saying 'This is the ??? Assist Trophy! He does exactly this, and then this, so evade it like this!'. Now he shows Skull Kid, but not saying what he does, thus giving us things to look forward to and to discover on our own. Of course the Dojo was awesome, and the amount of stuff we got was great, but this way is overall better. Not for everyone, of course.

But yeah, that's kinda off topic. Let's predict tomorrow, instead. I predict Rock and Winged Pikmin!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I asure you, overall, it is much better the way Sakurai does now. Leaving plenty of surprises for when we actually play the game. Instead of saying 'This is the ??? Assist Trophy! He does exactly this, and then this, so evade it like this!'. Now he shows Skull Kid, but not saying what he does, thus giving us things to look forward to and to discover on our own. Of course the Dojo was awesome, and the amount of stuff we got was great, but this way is overall better. Not for everyone, of course.

But yeah, that's kinda off topic. Let's predict tomorrow, instead. I predict Rock and Winged Pikmin!
Oh god NO! The more we know about the game, the better! I don't want surprises, pleasant or unpleasant, but ESPECIALLY unpleasant surprises. I think that we should get something actually relevant tomorrow, like a new stage or more information on the boring-ass Palutena's Temple stage that could've been one of the memorable locations from Uprising like Hades' Belly, Underworld Castle or Aurum Island...but no...

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Oh god NO! The more we know about the game, the better! I don't want surprises, pleasant or unpleasant, but ESPECIALLY unpleasant surprises. I think that we should get something actually relevant tomorrow, like a new stage or more information on the boring-*** Palutena's Temple stage that could've been one of the memorable locations from Uprising like Hades' Belly, Underworld Castle or Aurum Island...but no...
Thus I said, 'not for everyone', but I asure you, most people do want to discover things by themselves. ^^ Sakurai is already releasing more info about his game than any other game since Brawl itself, so the hype is enough with this.
Also, we've only seen a Palutena statue in the background, you can't say that Stage won't be interesting. ^^ Castle Siege didn't look Amazing, right? BOOM, you're in a giant Cave full of lava. Guess what could happen here! BOOM, swallowed by Hades~

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Thus I said, 'not for everyone', but I asure you, most people do want to discover things by themselves. ^^ Sakurai is already releasing more info about his game than any other game since Brawl itself, so the hype is enough with this.
Also, we've only seen a Palutena statue in the background, you can't say that Stage won't be interesting. ^^ Castle Siege didn't look Amazing, right? BOOM, you're in a giant Cave full of lava. Guess what could happen here! BOOM, swallowed by Hades~
I still think Brawl Skyworld would've worked just fine by adding a Palutena statue on the BG...and Castle Siege's way too generic to be considered exciting, like Distant Planet, I want actual iconic, memorable locations. I think he should at least look for a way to release music.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ andalsoandy andalsoandy
Well, what I said still makes sense. :p Plus, it depends on what a 'semi-clone' is, since it seems to be different from folks to folks.

@ D-idara D-idara
Well, that Palutena stage may actually BE Brawl's Skyworld, only changed a Little. Remember, there was a Palutena statue in Brawl as well.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Well, I like hearing about game mechanics and all but I mean Dedede is a veteran character... Not saying things can't change but that would be like saying, "PotD: Bowser's fire breath can rack up a lot of damage! However, the range will shorten after some time. Watch out for this."

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just want to see Waddle Dee Toss. :confused:
Pic relevant. :awesome:

Well, I like hearing about game mechanics and all but I mean Dedede is a veteran character... Not saying things can't change but that would be like saying, "PotD: Bowser's fire breath can rack up a lot of damage! However, the range will shorten after some time. Watch out for this."
You know.... I wish they would revamp Bowser's fire breath...

Hold down B button for a flamethrower... if you go too long without breathing fire, you can tap the B button for Bowser to breathe fireballs... like how Bowser does in the 2D Mario games...

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Remember, every Smash game is someone's first Smash game. I'm sure there are plenty of people finding this info interesting and useful. ^^
But most people here are 'hardcore fans', and will of course know this, thus making it less interesting.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
"Deconfirm", "Disconfirm".
Same thing really.
Deconfirmed (if we pretend it's even a word) = was confirmed and now is being essentially taken back
Disconfirmed (which actually is a word) = was thought to be potentially true, but now evidence exists to say other wise.

I hate to be a stickler, but they really do mean different things.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Deconfirmed (if we pretend it's even a word) = was confirmed and now is being essentially taken back
Disconfirmed (which actually is a word) = was thought to be potentially true, but now evidence exists to say other wise.

I hate to be a stickler, but they really do mean different things.
Agreed. Now, let's get back to Dedede's Hammer before this turns into a big debate.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I like that it makes explosions.
I like how it's a freaking Jet Engine on a stick.

The caption makes me wonder though, is there a little more leeway this time in regards to when it reaches full-power and when DDD starts taking damage? In Brawl, it was immediate. The moment it hit full-power was the moment you began to take damage, which seemed odd.

There should be about a second-long delay before the damage kicks in, to help make the attack seem a little more worthwhile.

Fun Fact: In Brawl, when charging Dedede's Jet Hammer, the damage will never exceed 300%! Therefore, once you've hit 300% or are in a Sudden Death, you can use the move to your heart's content without worrying about damage!

Not that the move was any good, but the damage only made it worse.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I like how it's a freaking Jet Engine on a stick.

The caption makes me wonder though, is there a little more leeway this time in regards to when it reaches full-power and when DDD starts taking damage? In Brawl, it was immediate. The moment it hit full-power was the moment you began to take damage, which seemed odd.

There should be about a second-long delay before the damage kicks in, to help make the attack seem a little more worthwhile.

Fun Fact: In Brawl, when charging Dedede's Jet Hammer, the damage will never exceed 300%! Therefore, once you've hit 300% or are in a Sudden Death, you can use the move to your heart's content without worrying about damage!

Not that the move was any good, but the damage only made it worse.
I'm hoping for ANY thing to make that move more useful. I loved it for it's lolness, but other than FFA matches it was garbage =[

Shroob

Sup?
Predictions for tonight? I think Yoshi is likely next week, so I don't think anything bigger than a stage will be this week, but you never know.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
I predict, seeing some info on a new stage or new info on a stage we already know about

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
If we get a new stage at all it would be nice to get a Yoshi one to go along with his reveal. Olimar had something like that didn't he? I'm pretty sure the Pikmin stage was shown around the same time Olimar was, could be wrong though.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
More info on an already revealed stage would be great(Especially if it was Palutena's Temple, or that Find Mii stage).

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Come on, Sakurai. Show us something nice. And I'm not just saying that because it's my birthday.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I am personally expecting some kind of random reveal before our next release-related reveal, but who knows, maybe I'm just a silly.

juddy96

Smash Lord
The good stuff usually comes on Fridays unless there are game releases. Not seeing stage info tonight as we already got stage info this week. I'm feeling an assist trophy tonight, and a new stage (or retro stage) for tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom