• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
So, is the King Dedede's Jet Hammer weaker now? it was already a lame attack.

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
No I don't think so. Then there would be no point to showing this picture, and Sakurai telling us it could damage you.
Actually, I've played Brawl ten minutes ago and you can damage yourself if you charge it too long.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Is Dedede's coat pink in this picture? Or is that just a lighting effect from the hammer? We also saw the pink Dedede color back in his reveal and he was doing the same move.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It did do damage to Dedede in Brawl.

The pic was pointless.
It is not exactly pointless... it told us that Little Mac's B is stronger than King Dedede's Down+B... it is not as pointless as Luigi's nose and Wii Fit Trainer's butt.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Or you know....you can just....pop in Brawl and see for yourself?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@andalsoandy
Lucas is in no way a clone, if you have ever played as him. :/

Also, people, as has been said, we are lucky to get these Pics of the Days. And we just got a LOT of info these past updates. Don't be spoiled!

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
It is not exactly pointless... it told us that Little Mac's B is stronger than King Dedede's Down+B... it is not as pointless as Luigi's nose and Wii Fit Trainer's butt.
I disagree on both of these counts. I greatly enjoy being further informed about both of these topics.

Especially so for the former.

peachy!

super princess
No I don't think so. Then there would be no point to showing this picture, and Sakurai telling us it could damage you.
Yes, Dedede damaged himself in Brawl if he overcharged his Jet Hammer. Today’s PotD has nothing to do with nerfs, it just points out that Little Mac’s uppercut is stronger than King Dedede’s hammer.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
The only purpose from this picture to me is show me AGAIN how strong is that ****ing K.O punch.
Don't toy with me Sakurai ... explain me well how bad is that move or how broken is L.Mac.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Yes, Dedede damaged himself in Brawl if he overcharged his Jet Hammer. Today’s PotD has nothing to do with nerfs, it just points out that Little Mac’s uppercut is stronger than King Dedede’s hammer.
Now I'm REALLY confused. Because Sakurai showed us DDD's strongest attack which he called the strongest attack in all of Smash. And he's using the wrong move from DDD to compare to Little Mac's KO Punch.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlgwdsTzg

D

Deleted member

"one of the strongest side smash attacks" =/= "strongest attack in the game".

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Dairz

Smash Ace
Would've been better with Toad...
"Pic of the day. So far, which character can blast away enemies the most dynamically… Is it King Dedede? Nah, he can't beat Toad, who has just joined the battle. Toad is top tier, so watch out."

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Now I'm REALLY confused. Because Sakurai showed us DDD's strongest attack which he called the strongest attack in all of Smash. And he's using the wrong move from DDD to compare to Little Mac's KO Punch.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlgwdsTzg

"Pic of the day. King Dedede uses one of the strongest side smash attacks in all of Smash Bros. Use this attack wisely in battles."
This one says it's the strongest Side Smash attack.

D

Deleted member

Would've been better with Toad...
"Pic of the day. So far, which character can blast away enemies the most dynamically… Is it King Dedede? Nah, he can't beat Toad, who can stop him in his tracks when Peach pulls him out to protect her."
Fixed. :troll:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm just surprised by the lighting effect the attack has. It's funny how Dedede's robe now looks pink.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Pikachu's constant smiling is about to make Villager look even more expressive than him.

And eeeh, I think I was expecting we'd get a cooldown from all the new things shown. But hey, less goodies, less things to be spoiled.Nevertheless it's rather funny to still read these pics in imaginary tone of "Eh I have no idea/anything to put out today have a pointless pic and caption".

Also the translator seems to be having wierd time again trying to put Sakurai's words into anything compherensible to us.

TripleHyper: Didn't notice that. Gotta dig that expressivity too.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
As I recall, the Jet Hammer was not even King Dedede's strongest move in Brawl (sweetspot fsmash hit harder) which made it a really, really worthless move. I certainly can't recall ever seeing a good King Dedede player use it on purpose. Maybe it is stronger in this game? Being mentioned in this light kinda implies it if nothing else, and given that the move had no real use before, it would make sense.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Pikachu's constant smiling is about to make Villager look even more expressive than him.

And eeeh, I think I was expecting we'd get a cooldown from all the new things shown. But hey, less goodies, less things to be spoiled.

It's rather funny to still read these pics as "Eh I have no idea/anything to put out today have a pointless pic and caption".

Also the translator seems to be having wierd time again trying to put Sakurai's words into anything compherensible to us.

TripleHyper: Didn't notice that. Gotta dig that expressivity too.
I read your italics as singing because you are Kricketune XD

Also, yes, I agree to all of these things.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
The daily pic has got me thinking: what if Kirby can walk around charging his Side B (assuming it returns)? I do believe there's some unused hammer animations in Brawl, particularity one where he walks, holding the hammer. It's funny how KDDD has the option to walk around with the jet hammer, yet Kirby does not.

Anyway, I'm pretty tired right now. When I read "Nah, it can't beat the K.O. uppercut" I thought Sakurai was referring to Luigi's recovery, as it does high vertical knockback when sweetspottededededblargh

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Sakurai certainly had a mouthful on this particular update.

Nothing special. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom