• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Very interesting pic today... There's not really anything to suggest that this will apply to other people's side smashes, but I can't imagine that ONLY he gets this unique ability. Seems like a more worthwhile gimmick then his KO punch though, so maybe it's kinda necessary to make him stand out.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I like how the character that many people claimed would be "bland and lame" is turning out to be one of the most interesting characters in the roster.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Truthfully, most of the confirmed newcomers possess traits that make them more interesting.
Agreed. Makes me super excited for what we haven't seen yet. Imagining the possibilities that character like Ridley and K. Rool would possess makes my head spin.

Greedy? I'd rather have no pics at all than boring pics. I don't want to know everything. Brawl's updates were **** because they contained too much, these are mostly teases... We already know too many characters to be honest, while we know basically nothing about stages. Yeah we know 24 of them (22 technically) but how in depth we know them? Explore that and live the gameplay as a surprise. I like the fact that we don't know many final smashes yet. Leave that as a surprise, and give us something interesting meanwhile, not "Hey Dedede has the exact move that he had in Brawl.".
But you said you wanted that information, and now you are saying it was too much? What do you want, and why in the hell are you whining anyway?

Some characters have changes in their move sets that affect game play. Even one move change can change the fabric of that character, like changing Mario's Mario Tornado to his Down Air eliminated a recovery option, and changing the animation of Marth's Shield Breaker changed his edge guarding tactics and combo finishers. Even then, this is new information about a new character so you really have nothing to complain about.

And your last comment, about how Sakurai should be thankful you are buying this game, wow lol. You should be thankful that he's making this game despite having debilitated hands and ignoring his health. From an economist standpoint you are nothing; a drop in the bucket . If you don't buy it someone else will.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
And your last comment, about how Sakurai should be thankful you are buying this game, wow lol. You should be thankful that he's making this game despite having debilitated hands and ignoring his health. From an economist standpoint you are nothing; a drop in the bucket . If you don't buy it someone else will.
See, it's people like this that make all of those who go "lol you think you're so entitled" sound like much more condescending pricks than the people who are dissatisfied. If telling them that one time didn't work, why the hell would it work the next 50 million times only in more antagonistic tones? They're allowed to not like it and it doesn't matter if you're sick of them not thinking the same way as you. Just enjoy it on your own, let them be mad and shut up like a smart person. If you think you're so much better, be the better and bigger person and not meet negativity with more negativity, seriously.

That said, this update was a good one, so I don't really get why anyone would've disliked it, but to each his own. One man's treasure is another man's trash.

R0Y

Smash Master
I found this pic more boring than I probably should have, I'm just not into Little Mac.

Hopefully we get a veteran reveal for Friday.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Oh shut the **** up. I already expressed my concern for Sakurai, don't put words in my mouth.
He said that I should be thankful for the pics, and that's bull****. They're not doing it to please me, they're doing it to sell the ****ing game. So I responded with something exaggerated on purpose. I know that Sakurai doesn't care about me buying the game, BUT THANK YOU FOR POINTING THAT OUT.
Entitled? **** off. I'm a client. I have the right to complain if something is boring me.
You like it? Well good for you. It doesn't make you a better person, or more mature. LOL

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oh shut the **** up. I already expressed my concern for Sakurai, don't put words in my mouth.
He said that I should be thankful for the pics, and that's bull****. They're not doing it to please me, they're doing it to sell the ****ing game. So I responded with something exaggerated on purpose. I know that Sakurai doesn't care about me buying the game, BUT THANK YOU FOR POINTING THAT OUT.
Entitled? **** off. I'm a client. I have the right to complain if something is boring me.
You like it? Well good for you. It doesn't make you a better person, or more mature. LOL
What does make him more mature is that he doesn't throw a fit over having pictures delivered to him daily, whether interesting or not. He also never stated he was a better person or more mature for enjoying it.

And just a heads up: You're not a client. A client is someone who a product is made specifically for. A client hires someone to do work for him/her specifically, like designing a website or a dress. You're a potential customer, and if the product doesn't interest you then it's easy to just walk away. Sakurai doesn't craft this game with your personal needs in mind obviously.

Last edited:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
So Little Mac essentially has three legit different F-Smashes

That's awesome if only because it's a cool route for adding new moves to movesets for developers (be them of new Smash games or simply Smash mods); I know we've had tilted smashes but this is a totally different, cool, and officially-developed ballpark

There should be more updates like this, keep 'em coming Sakurai :D

MasterofMonster

Smash Master

That's awesome if only because it's a cool route for adding new moves to movesets for developers (be them of new Smash games or simply Smash mods); I know we've had tilted smashes but this is a totally different, cool, and officially-developed ballpark

Indeed. ^^ But really, remember when Sakurai talked about some mode where you could 'change directions of moves' on the 3DS version? Well, this pic is of the 3DS version. So, might this be a new Mode?

Also, prediction for tomorrow. A Veteran. I can honestly feel it. :D Not Yoshi, he's for next week, but I can see Wario or even Ness for tomorrow.

See, it's people like this that make all of those who go "lol you think you're so entitled" sound like much more condescending pricks than the people who are dissatisfied. If telling them that one time didn't work, why the hell would it work the next 50 million times only in more antagonistic tones? They're allowed to not like it and it doesn't matter if you're sick of them not thinking the same way as you. Just enjoy it on your own, let them be mad and shut up like a smart person. If you think you're so much better, be the better and bigger person and not meet negativity with more negativity, seriously.

That said, this update was a good one, so I don't really get why anyone would've disliked it, but to each his own. One man's treasure is another man's trash.

I understand that what I said was condescending, but hey, I fight fire with fire. By no means do I think in a better person than him / her, I'm just telling the truth in response to "Sakurai should be thankful I'm buying this ****ing game". Even if he is making a good amount of revenue from the game, there isn't any need to be rude. And it's true, the marginal loss from a single individual buying the game is abysmal, and while even a single player shouldn't be ignored, it is impossible to please everyone as you can see. Don't get it confused; I am not kissing Sakurai's ass or anything, and I have yet to forget the things he has done out of deliberation to hinder the competitive smash scene in the past, but I have a certain level of respect from him, not simply because of this injury--more so that due to the success of the franchise he has virtually become a slave to his own creation, and he willingly accepts it.

But on the other side of the token there is a subcategory to everything. There are those who whine, those who are condescending to those who whine, and those who point out the arrogance in condescending actions, it's just a part of the grand scheme of this forum.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

You know what I find funny?
You could say he has a ton of "depth" to his moveset.
Now, try saying that a couple months ago...

This update also makes me aware of another potential weakness with Mac. Edge guarding .

While he does have a variety of smashes that are good against grounded opponents in different situations, characters like Mario and Samus often used angled smashes to hit opponents who try to sweet spot the ledge, Samus' being the most effective against space animals due to the speed. Since Mac doesn't simply have an angled Forward punch, it will be a bit harder for him to score a kill in that particular fashion, then again, we know nothing of the properties if his tilts or his down angled smash so it may be compensated for all I know.

Personally, I hope Sakura does this with the F-tilts that can be angled in this game, or atleast animate one of the angles differently. Like a down angle Samus f- tilt could be like a crouching sweep kick or some cool **** like that.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Greedy? I'd rather have no pics at all than boring pics. I don't want to know everything. Brawl's updates were **** because they contained too much, these are mostly teases... We already know too many characters to be honest, while we know basically nothing about stages. Yeah we know 24 of them (22 technically) but how in depth we know them? Explore that and live the gameplay as a surprise. I like the fact that we don't know many final smashes yet. Leave that as a surprise, and give us something interesting meanwhile, not "Hey Dedede has the exact move that he had in Brawl.".
Then don't read this thread and don't look at the website.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Very interesting pic today... There's not really anything to suggest that this will apply to other people's side smashes, but I can't imagine that ONLY he gets this unique ability. Seems like a more worthwhile gimmick then his KO punch though, so maybe it's kinda necessary to make him stand out.
It very well could be- Look at it as this being similar to Marth/Hopefully Roy's Blade Dance as well as the KO Punch being a similar concept to the Wario Waft, then he fits in pretty well

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh wow thank you! That's... That's genius! You were very helpful. Thank you.
It's save you a lot of sanity.

Look, if anything. If you see us explode, then a character's revealed.
The best time is looking at a direct, then checking GameFAQs or Miiverse when a newcomer is revealed.
It's like monkeys we're let loose and started typing.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Personally, I hope Sakura does this with the F-tilts that can be angled in this game, or atleast animate one of the angles differently. Like a down angle Samus f- tilt could be like a crouching sweep kick or some cool **** like that.
That's a harder sell than angling smashes, especially on the more-difficult-to-angle-precisely 3DS circle pad. Angling smashes is easier since you can input up or down while charging the smash, whereas angling tilts requires very precise control pad inputs that would be easy to mess up. As such, if it happens with another character(s), I'd bet the only time we'd see different moves rather than just different angles will likely be on Smashes.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
Oh wow thank you! That's... That's genius! You were very helpful. Thank you.
[collapse=Derailment Hazard]
-Image Removed-[/collapse]
I really like today's update. I still want to see WD Toss though.

Moderator Edit: Please don't post off-topic images, even inside collapse tags.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've been okay with the updates. Sure there's been throwaways but we've only had a few fillers this year so far.

Throwaway: Picture explaining something already known, usually shown off in a trailer or another pic beforehand or simply something of mild interest from a previous game.
Filler: Pictures Sakurai posts to try to be funny/weird that have no real purpose to them.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I've been okay with the updates. Sure there's been throwaways but we've only had a few fillers this year so far.

Throwaway: Picture explaining something already known, usually shown off in a trailer or another pic beforehand or simply something of mild interest from a previous game.
Filler: Pictures Sakurai posts to try to be funny/weird that have no real purpose to them.
Yup. We can't get something new everyday or else he'd run out of stuff before release! I know people don't like filler but we actually need them so he doesn't give away everything at once.

That's a harder sell than angling smashes, especially on the more-difficult-to-angle-precisely 3DS circle pad. Angling smashes is easier since you can input up or down while charging the smash, whereas angling tilts requires very precise control pad inputs that would be easy to mess up. As such, if it happens with another character(s), I'd bet the only time we'd see different moves rather than just different angles will likely be on Smashes.
Yeah, I didn't think about that. Sometimes I forget that this will be on the 3DS and that I generally have no problem doing angled tilts and smashes since the GC controller has this solid groves in the corner for doing things like that. However I do feel that Samus is better of with her same smash considering how fast it is.

Personally I think it would be cool if they did the same thing with Fox. Forward would be the Brawl Cartwheel kick, diagonal down would be his Smash 64 F-Smash, and Up Diagonal would be the leaping round house from Melee, maybe with a bit more of a leap to it with ground bounce. This is assuming there is an adequate amount of start up lag to give leeway for players of all skills to input the move correctly.

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Argh, my phone won't let me edit.

What I meant to add was that I like how diverse Little Mac is shown to be with the different smashes and the K.O. meter and whatnot. And some people thought he would be bland!
I was one of those people at first :troll:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yeah, I didn't think about that. Sometimes I forget that this will be on the 3DS and that I generally have no problem doing angled tilts and smashes since the GC controller has this solid groves in the corner for doing things like that. However I do feel that Samus is better of with her same smash considering how fast it is.

Personally I think it would be cool if they did the same thing with Fox. Forward would be the Brawl Cartwheel kick, diagonal down would be his Smash 64 F-Smash, and Up Diagonal would be the leaping round house from Melee, maybe with a bit more of a leap to it with ground bounce. This is assuming there is an adequate amount of start up lag to give leeway for players of all skills to input the move correctly.
Eh, it's not too bad.
One thing that could work is to slightly hold onto the edge of the Circle Pad. It gives you a little more grip.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Yeah, I'm fine with them too. Initially they really sucked ass, it wasn't until October that things got somewhat interesting, and December and January really stepped things up.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder what tomorrow brings. I hope for a stage.

Dairz

Smash Ace
Fridays typically end with some new info. Either were getting a stage, an AT, a pokeball, or a vet reveal.

If it does end up being filler or a throwaway, I can't say I'll be disappointed. This week has been pretty good...

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I'd Wednesday was the only throwaway this week, so hopefully we end as strong as the week has been.

Personally I smell Assist Trophy...

juddy96

Smash Lord
I'd Wednesday was the only throwaway this week, so hopefully we end as strong as the week has been.

Personally I smell Assist Trophy...
Maybe an assist trophy to foreshadow Yoshi's reveal soon...

Maybe...

Kamek?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
We're long overdue for a new stage... Every time I've guessed this though it's been something completely different so I'm going to go with *insert any possibility aside from a new stage here*

Shroob

Sup?
We're long overdue for a new stage... Every time I've guessed this though it's been something completely different so I'm going to go with *insert any possibility aside from a new stage here*
I myself feel like instead of a new stage, it'd be nice to see some information on the Kid Icarus or New Leaf stage. We've gotten, what, one pic of each of them, both super zoomed in?

I mean, how many franchises that have been revealed are lacking a Wiiu Stage? DK, Pokemon and.... Fire Emblem?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I myself feel like instead of a new stage, it'd be nice to see some information on the Kid Icarus or New Leaf stage. We've gotten, what, one pic of each of them, both super zoomed in?

I mean, how many franchises that have been revealed are lacking a Wiiu Stage? DK, Pokemon and.... Fire Emblem?
Star Fox and Kirby too. There's a lot of basic stages that haven't been covered yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom