• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Think of it this way, the last/usual update time was ~70 hours ago for me (AZ doesn't view DST). The update should be live in <2 hours.

The only thing that's changed is everywhere else that views DST moving their clock up ahead by an hour, so the pics have the illusion of being later.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well in roughly half an hour we'll see if he adjusted for DST, though I kinda doubt it.

Good thing I'm up today regardless.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
The picture should be up in about an hour and a half. Let's hope that it's not the usual boring Monday picture, but something awesome.

Staarih

Smash Master
We're changing into DST a few weeks from now here where I live, not that it affects much, as the pic comes around 9 am right now, which would then move over to around 10 am (which is actually even better haha!).

I don't really care what pictures we get this week as long as we get Yoshi to top this week off!

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Think of it this way, the last/usual update time was ~70 hours ago for me (AZ doesn't view DST). The update should be live in <2 hours.

The only thing that's changed is everywhere else that views DST moving their clock up ahead by an hour, so the pics have the illusion of being later.
Like she said, we'll be getting them in two hours.

Think of it this way: For those of us in DST (And I'll be going by EST here), since we moved the clocks up an hour at 2:00AM Sunday morning, which is when DST started officially, it automatically jumped ahead to 3:00AM instead.

If we originally got the pics at 2AM before, wouldn't we simply get them at 3AM now?

If you think of it that way, it's pretty simple. If we hadn't moved the clocks forward, it'd be 12:30AM and we'd still be waiting about an hour and a half from the time of this post.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Yeah - Japan is the same, so it'll be here same time as always - about 1 AM where I live.
I'm not sure you're understanding... If Japan's time stayed the same, but our time changed, WE would need to take into account the difference.

If we both changed then it'd be no change.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Man, all I gotta say is I hate DST. Now I gotta wait until 3 am to get the new Pic of the Day? Not that I'm not normally up that late anyway, but that's a whole extra hour I gotta wait now! :p

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Wait so now I have to stay up till 2am?!

Oh right I always do that...
Yeah it's a bummer. I mean I'll be sleeping past them now because 2 is crazy late for me. I'll miss heading to bed with the new pic in mind though.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Wait so now I have to stay up till 2am?!

Oh right I always do that...
You're not staying up any later than you used to.

When it hits 2AM your time, if you turned the clock an hour back, which would be temporarily turning off DST, it'd be 1AM your time. The same 1AM that you've always been staying up until.

We aren't getting the picture any sooner or later than before. The clock is just an hour ahead. Think of it like that.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer

When it hits 2AM your time, if you turned the clock an hour back, which would be temporarily turning off DST, it'd be 1AM your time. The same 1AM that you've always been staying up until.

We aren't getting the picture any sooner or later than before. The clock is just an hour ahead. Think of it like that.
This will work in a month but for the next few days everyone's gonna feel that 1 hour lag.
and also thinking "it'd only be 1 AM yesterday" makes me feel worse :(

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I hope he looks like Mario Kart Yoshi. He's too reptile and shiny like. I want cute upright and curvy.
I have wanted this since Melee... I don't care at all for Smash Yoshi, though of course that is what he's like in his actual main titles.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
-Image Removed-
No more staying up for me. 2AM is just not gonna work. Cya in the morning!

Moderator Edit: Do not post off-topic images here.

Last edited by a moderator:

andimidna

Smash Master
Poo. Forgot the time change. Maybe I can get some sleep now stay up a little bit longer...

EDIT: Do we all live in the same timezone? How is it 2am for all of us? :o

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
Another hour left? Ugh... I don't know about you, Miiverse thread, but I'm going to stare at this for a while...
down tilt.gif

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
He's too reptile and shiny like. I want cute upright and curvy.
I didn't know you wanted another Bowser. :troll:

Seriously though, I think Brawl did a just job on making Yoshi look like Yoshi. For both worlds in fact. I liked how he could look normal while both standing upright (victory pose) and hunched over. Now it may look a bit cuter, but honestly it is to the player's advantage to have a character stand as low to the ground as possible. Which is probably why Bowser stands upright with his new moveset: to be an easier target.

I do hope his delayed presence does mean he has some new mechanics to play with (and I do not mean baby Mario).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

So there won't be any change for those places which don't have daylight savings. Good for me.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Right now, I don't know what to expect. We've gotten all but two of the big five recently. [Assist/Pokeball, Item, Stage, character, mode/gameplay mechanics], Yoshi is expected towards the end of the week, and I'm not sure about the mode/gameplay.]

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I feel like daylight savings has murdered half of my PotD friends. And there's nothing I can even do about it. RIP sleepyheads.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yeah, they've always gone with that "realistic" style that's...unnecessary, so hopefully Yoshi will be as cartoony and animated as you'd expect. And yeah, his delayed presence hopefully means they've added another jump or some new gameplay to his moveset. I've never liked playing as Yoshi all that much, which makes me feel pretty bad for the fella.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
For me the updates have gone from 11PM to 12AM. Which would totally be a pain if I didn't go to bed at 5AM every night anyway.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's only 11:19 here.

PST is best time.

Status