• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Let's show a pic of Peach trying to defend herself from Waluigi's wrath with Toad. :troll:

juddy96

Smash Lord
I just want Sakurai to either confirm or de-confirm Ridley so all the morons on Miiverse will finally shut up lol.

Dairz

Smash Ace
:( There's no reason to show Toad again. Sakurai made it clear that Toad isn't getting in. I'd like them to show something else... maybe a new stage... or a new item...
Maybe Yellow Toad is a new item that replaces the Gooey Bomb. :troll:

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Predicting a new stage...If I keep saying this everyday eventually I will be right.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Anyone else feel that Game and Watch was the greatest hidden character surprise of all Smash Bros? Just the utter shock of seeing someone as unique as him in Melee after unlocking everyone, great reward . Characters like him and yes, even WFT make me think no one else can replicate total Wtf characters like Sakurai. Makes me glad he's running the Smash series.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hey I'd love for him to be confirmed asap but I'm pretty sure he's gonna be unlockable.
And an unlockable character can't be shown prerelease because...?
We've had unlockable characters shown before release before.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I feel like like Sakurai's feeling homesick for the old dojo given that he's been posting double pictures like crazy, even for completely unnecessary things like the back of a bumper.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
At the very least I can see Luigi being unlockable. It's just tradition.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I feel Luigi doesn't need to be unlockable anymore, at this point everyone knows he's gonna be in every iteration of the game so he might as well be playable from the get go.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
PLEASE GIVE US A NEW STAGE ON THE WII U AND SHOW ALL OF IT NOT LIKE WITH THE KID ICARUS STAGE. PLZ.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I feel Luigi doesn't need to be unlockable anymore, at this point everyone knows he's gonna be in every iteration of the game so he might as well be playable from the get go.
NOOOOOOOO! a little overdramatic
I don't know why, but I just think being unlockable adds to Luigi's character, makes him stand out more from Mario.

Last edited:

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
Am I the only one who thinks unlockable characters are an archaic design choice? I think we should just have the full roster from the get-go...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I'd rather they let Luigi be starter this time... people complained that most of the unlockable characters in Brawl were veterans... when most of the unlockable characters in Melee were newcomers.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Am I the only one who thinks unlockable characters are an archaic design choice? I think we should just have the full roster from the get-go...

Disagree. Nothing beats the thrill of seeing the challenger approaching screen for the first time. Although I do think there should be an optional code that could be put in to unlock all characters, for tourney purposes.

Dairz

Smash Ace
There should be a code you can input to unlock everybody, and if you don't want that, then don't do it. Everybody wins.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't mind unlockable characters in Smash Bros. It gives you something to strive for. Games like Mario Kart... now they shouldn't have unlockable characters.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I like unlocking characters. It only took me a couple hours after the release of Brawl here to unlock all the characters via SSE (of course we won't have that this time around but y'know).

I think he should leave unlockables in but make a way to just unlock them all for people who don't want to go through the long process. a la cheat code or similar.

EDIT: CURSES. *STARES AT @ Dairz Dairz *

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd rather they let Luigi be starter this time... people complained that most of the unlockable characters in Brawl were veterans... when most of the unlockable characters in Melee were newcomers.
When most of those were last-minute clone additions. :troll:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I'm predicting a 45 minute late pic.

And because I'm never right, I'll be okay if I'm wrong.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I don't mind unlockable characters in Smash Bros. It gives you something to strive for. Games like Mario Kart... now they shouldn't have unlockable characters.
What's wrong with Mario Kart having unlockable characters? It always gets me excited when I unlock one for beating a cup.

Staarih

Smash Master
Funnily enough Luigi and Sonic were both revealed via a Direct, so I could see them both being special cases of the sort and thus still unlockables. Yes, we do have Toon Link and Lucario without much fanfare but honestly I could see both being starters this time (Toon Link to give another option to Link and Lucario because if it being almost like a second mascot to Pokemon) - and especially if both Zelda and Pokemon get newcomers (Mewtwo and... someone) to take these two's places as unlockables.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm sorry. I love the new challenger approaching screen...

But one of Nintendo's problems is refusing to let go of the past sometimes. And in fighting games? Locked rosters are a thing of the past. It's time they let it go in Smash. If you need a character to be locked to even touch other characters?

Then it's simple. You're just not getting the most bang out of your buck.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Disagree. Nothing beats the thrill of seeing the challenger approaching screen for the first time. Although I do think there should be an optional code that could be put in to unlock all characters, for tourney purposes.
I agree with you. I personally love unlocking things in video games in general. It's a lot more exciting that way.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What's wrong with Mario Kart having unlockable characters? It always gets me excited when I unlock one for beating a cup.
Because characters don't have unique stats, they're is just light, medium and heavy weight. They are essentially just reskins of every other character...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom