• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Well okay, I'll just expect new music sometime close to today's pic. Which will be... a new alt for Fox maybe? With his dad's sunglasses on the new Wii U Starfox stage not mentioning the stage?
A James McCloud costume for Fox would be very cool.

A James McCloud costume for Captain Falcon would also be pretty sweet.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
A James McCloud costume for Fox would be very cool.

A Phoenix costume for Captain Falcon would also be pretty sweet.
Fixed.

Seriously, I want mah Phoenix. Even it's just a texture, that's fine too. D:

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Here's another worrisome thing though, Sakurai got rid of Subspace Emissary because of leaks (which, personally, I think is good, Subspace was kinda boring and not worth all the effort...) but now what? Next game he's ganna say leaks suck so no more unlockables, just: "here's the roster"? Personally unlocking characters is one of my most favorite parts of the game! So thrilling hearing that siren and having that battle and getting the message specific to the character and it's awesome! I'm really worried of how this leak will effect the future...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What if BOTH Captain Falcon and Fox get a James McCloud costume?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Here's another worrisome thing though, Sakurai got rid of Subspace Emissary because of leaks (which, personally, I think is good, Subspace was kinda boring and not worth all the effort...) but now what? Next game he's ganna say leaks suck so no more unlockables, just: "here's the roster"? Personally unlocking characters is one of my most favorite parts of the game! So thrilling hearing that siren and having that battle and getting the message specific to the character and it's awesome! I'm really worried of how this leak will effect the future...
He wanted the to benefit from the leaks, hence the cut-scenes in this game are character trailers. Surprised the leak didn't show those. Oh, wait, no I'm not.

Predicting leak disconfirmation via POTD.

R0Y

Smash Master
I think Wii U is going to get quitea decent number more stages, in particular, new ones.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I think we'll get a classic Mother stage on the Wii U, probably Onett (since we already have a New Pork City analogue in the form of Palutena's Temple).
Onett for three games in a row? Not to mention the dated visuals. Even if they pull from Brawl and do in fact add in New Pork City, that's not a good thing XD

I think with EarthBound being a primarily console series, we deserve a new stage on Wii U. It wouldn't be the first time a smaller franchise got new stages on both versions (Kid Icarus, even though Sakurai directed Uprising).

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
It was late yesterday? Aw man, that means I can't stay up. Maybe they're late because they also upload music to the main website?

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Haha after the leak nobody cares about the POTD anymore cause we already know everything. I don't think they're worth staying up for now so I'm gonna hit the hay

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I predict today's PoTD will completely ignore the leak.

It seems like what Sakurai would do.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I think a good number of the users are lurking in the leak thread just going through pages of discussion. A lot happened today.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Onett for three games in a row? Not to mention the dated visuals. Even if they pull from Brawl and do in fact add in New Pork City, that's not a good thing XD

I think with EarthBound being a primarily console series, we deserve a new stage on Wii U. It wouldn't be the first time a smaller franchise got new stages on both versions (Kid Icarus, even though Sakurai directed Uprising).
You saw my stage roster theory in the Social thread, right? I was going on my exclusive-classic parallel between systems. So if the 3DS gets an exclusive Mother stage, the Wii U would get a classic one.

Of course, this is all my speculation, so we could indeed get unique Mother stages on either system. Though I do hold to my 4-20-10 distribution (shared, unique, and classic stages, respectively).

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Haha after the leak nobody cares about the POTD anymore cause we already know everything. I don't think they're worth staying up for now so I'm gonna hit the hay
Well the leak didn't show the full roster, so we don't know eeeverything...

LocktheChest

Smash Cadet
NNID
LocktheChest
Man, today has been crazy. Woke up to find everyone going insane about the leaked videos, then nintendo trying to remove the videos, then rumors that they caught the leaker. Would be alright if today's POTD was something small, as I'm not sure I can handle much more hype, especially if the leak gets confirmed or a direct gets announced.
So I'm gonna predict an alt costume, maybe for Luigi or Fox.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
He wanted the to benefit from the leaks, hence the cut-scenes in this game are character trailers. Surprised the leak didn't show those. Oh, wait, no I'm not.

Predicting leak disconfirmation via POTD.
You might want to get that denial checked bro. Left not dealt with, it can eventually develop into a sever case of nostalgia blindness.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'd really like to see this Magicant stage in the PotD. I want to confirm whether it's the one from Mother 1 or EarthBound.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Man, today has been crazy. Woke up to find everyone going insane about the leaked videos, then nintendo trying to remove the videos, then rumors that they caught the leaker. Would be alright if today's POTD was something small, as I'm not sure I can handle much more hype, especially if the leak gets confirmed or a direct gets announced.
So I'm gonna predict an alt costume, maybe for Luigi or Fox.
Mr. L, anyone??

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
My interest in the PotDs plummeted after seeing the leaks today. I'm just waiting for October now.

...but in good faith to play a long, my "sources" are telling me that tonight will be an Alph alt costume reveal.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm still anxiously waiting for each PoTD. I don't care what leaks. Seeing things from Sakurai himself is a cool feeling.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
What does this mean exactly?
I'm just joking about the fact that the people who are most adamant about the leaks not being real usually turn into the people who say that the roster is crap and the previous rosters were better, like with the R.O.B. leak for Brawl.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I'm just joking about the fact that the people who are most adamant about the leaks not being real usually turn into the people who say that the roster is crap and the previous rosters were better, like with the R.O.B. leak for Brawl.
NOBODY can ugue Brawls Roster wasn't the best roster ever.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So, I predict something boring and Sakurai will pretend the leak don exit.

/pessimist.

Or the .1% chance Sakurai says "check out the Pokemon thing tomorrow at 6am!" and reveals Mewtwo.

Yeah right.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
It was my favorite too, so I can't argue with you there. I still miss Mewtwo, though if the Ninka leak is to be believed, we're getting him back as well, which makes me happy.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Gotcha. Naw, I actually rather like the roster. The videos seemed off to say the least.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
That roster had no blemishes whatsoever. You could argue Toon Link, but he was very relevant at the time thanks to Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass. I guess you could also point out Snake, but he had a fantastic moveset and matched the dark tone of Brawl perfectly.

Edit: Wait, Mewtwo got cut from Brawl, so the roster couldn't be perfect.

Last edited:

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Gotcha. Naw, I actually rather like the roster. The videos seemed off to say the least.
Oh, ok, then I apologize for my non-relevant joke. I will disagree with you about the videos though, but I admire the fact that you are sticking to your gut feeling even though you like the leak roster. Still, I see no way those videos could accurately have been faked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom