• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I think SSB4 has the best roster ever. The additions greatly outweigh the cuts.
Well yeah, but we don't even know the full roster yet. For all we know, the final characters could be Muk, Slippy, Navi, Kiddy Kong, and Marine the Raccoon.

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
point is, people still argue about Sm4sh's roster.

But Ive never seen anyone say Brawl's roster wasn't anything but a perfect cast.
People were definitely arguing about brawls roster when we first learned about ROB. Smash 4 isn't even out yet lol...

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
You know what I hope happens?

That when choosing the alternate Koopalings from Bowser Jr. the announcer and name on screen actually changes. It would be weird playing as Iggy, and it saying "BOWSER JR WINS!" or your name being Bowser Jr.

Maybe to cut costs they can just change it to "KOOPALING WINS!"

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
point is, people still argue about Sm4sh's roster..
This is true tbh. If we didn't have characters like Doc and Dark Pit (I love the Doc no hate towards him) we'd still get post like "WHY WOULD THEY CUT WOLF FOR AN UNIMPORTANT CHARACTER LIKE WII FIT TRAINER" or "THEY DIDN'T PUT IN MEWTWO BUT THEY PUT IN GRENINJA AND JIGGLYPUFF?????"

Smash 4 is giving us so many unique, unorthodox characters and it's awesome. I think the cuts besides the Ice Climbers are justifiable. But then again, the IC's were only cut because of tech issues, so...

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

But Ive never seen anyone say Brawl's roster wasn't anything but a perfect cast.
That's cause Brawl didn't have Miis :troll:
Brawl was so perfect because it added characters that people wanted and hyped, with little to no surprises like Wii Fit Trainer, or B-listers in their own franchise like Rosalina (she's looking to be an A list Mario character soon, so good call on her addition).

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Oh, ok, then I apologize for my non-relevant joke. I will disagree with you about the videos though, but I admire the fact that you are sticking to your gut feeling even though you like the leak roster. Still, I see no way those videos could accurately have been faked.
I see ways, but this isn't the place to discuss it. I will be slightly disappointed if the leak is fake, though. The Duck Hunt Dog concept has grown on me and I've been a closet Bowser. Jr. advocate since before SSB4 was announced.

Nevertheless, I cannot see an (realistic) additions to the current roster that would damage it. I mean Megaman was more than enough to me.

That when choosing the alternate Koopalings from Bowser Jr. the announcer and name on screen actually changes. It would be weird playing as Iggy, and it saying "BOWSER JR WINS!" or your name being Bowser Jr.

I had that idea too. I think Sakurai confirmed alts could have different voice acting.

In any case I see something big as today's POTD.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team

You weren't around for when the game wasd new then. People cried and cried about Brawl's roster. Of course, like smash 4's roster, it was fine, and like with Brawl, people will get over it for smash 4 as well.

I wouldn't expect a lot of activity in this thread going forward really. Given that the leak is pretty well confirmed real at this point, it seems very unlikely that the pictures will show us anything "major" that's new. At this point, I'm mostly hoping for custom moves we haven't seen yet and maybe a good look at that new F-Zero stage.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Brawl's roster is arguably better due to no mega clones sans Toon Link, and the most requested character is in [Sonic] unlike SSB4, who is up in the air about Mewtwo. Most of the cuts felt unnecessary aside from Squirtle Ivy and Snake.

Idk...

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

Well in a Famitsu article Sakurai implied that back when Lucina was an alt costume for Marth, switching to her would change the name to "Lucina", so I can certainly see this happening.

EDIT: Initially, I had considered including Lucina as one of Marth's alternate costumes. After all, she has a close relationship with him in FE:A. In such cases, even if two characters' names and voices differ, as long as they function the same way, I assign them as alternate costumes. The Wii Fit Trainers, Villagers, and Robin are examples of this setup.

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
I also want Sakurai to confirm K. Rool's role in the game because he sure is most definitely not a newcomer if my roster theory is anything to go by.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
No matter what the official roster is..After the possible disappointment with the lack of X character, this game still looks incredibly fun. Kind of off topic for this thread. So for the PoTD I'm guessing we get another assist trophy..Or *gulp*..More Smash Run.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
At this point, I'm mostly hoping for custom moves we haven't seen yet and maybe a good look at that new F-Zero stage.
That F-Zero stage looks like SNES Mute City, just going by the image in the stage select.

It'll be cool to duke it out as the screen spins about in its oldschool Mode 7 fashion. :shades:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
surprises no one has seen this yet. Not quite on topic with potds but i feel like everyone should know just in case it happens

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I hope that we get another selection of music every day as well. The bath time theme is so good!

surprises no one has seen this yet. Not quite on topic with potds but i feel like everyone should know just in case it happens
Everyone has seen that :p

Last edited:

Fares612

Smash Apprentice
What if, on the mostly unlikely chances, someone like Roy gets revealed today and Sakurai just huehue's off the leak.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So, I predict something boring and Sakurai will pretend the leak don exit.

/pessimist.

Or the .1% chance Sakurai says "check out the Pokemon thing tomorrow at 6am!" and reveals Mewtwo.

Yeah right.
You know...it would be awesome if he said there's an announcement tomorrow....
Mewtwo would basically be confirmed right then and there. xD

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Is it too much to ask for mewtwo and Ridley? I will miss IC they were very unique here is hoping for a great pic of the day.... Full roster time Sakurai! Time to cash out.

R0Y

Smash Master
If there are 3-5 more characters, including Ridley and Mewtwo, on top of this, then this is the greatest Smash roster ever imo.

I'm okay with Snake being cut, as a huge MGS fan. No MGSV:GZ or TPP when the Wii U can handle it and Snake was in Brawl rubbed me the wrong way. Even if it made financial sense for Konami, well, so does cutting him, sorry.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
More Smash Run.
Better yet, I predict we will not get Smash Run, but then people will think it is Smash Run. Because last night was funny and I want to see it again.
That should just become a running joke. Every 3DS Pic is of Smash Run somehow.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Well the roster discussion tends to follow the 5 stages of grief, hehe:
- Denial... "FAKE!!"
- Anger... "Why Dr Mario!?"
- Bargaining... "Sakurai should have changed these 3 clones for X character"
- Depression... "IC T-T"
- Acceptance... "Well, it's not a bad roster..."

I would agree an extraoficial 6th stage: Competitiveness... "Melee's Falco S Tier!"

For today's pic... The greatest thing would be the announcement of Lucas u.u
Probably a stage..

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
That F-Zero stage looks like SNES Mute City, just going by the image in the stage select.

It'll be cool to duke it out as the screen spins about in its oldschool Mode 7 fashion. :shades:
Plus, the Mute City theme is awesome. That being said, I'd love to see a F-Zero stage that doesn't move...

Which reminds me... I predict a Wii U stage tonight.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Watch Sakurai posting nothing related about the leak, like an F-Zero Stage (I hope that)
Or he'll just stop caring and we'll get Ness today
.....OR he'll reveal something like Lucas to make everybody go crazy, because that's how Good Ol' (but still always young) Sakurai works

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Guys keep in mind that I am near 100% percent certain that Wolf and Ice Climbers will be back (yes, the leak is real, but Ninka's source assumed they were gone, and the 4Chan leaker that stated they were gone was a fraud posing as one of the leakers); including the roster setup, there's just too much evidence supporting their return.

As for additional characters, I'm going to predict six more in addition to the leaked four: Mach Rider, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, Impa, Ridley, and Mewtwo. I'd post the 3DS CSS, but I don't want to get in trouble.

However, I do believe that we will be getting two more newcomer trailers, but Wario will be the final starter to be announced--likely via a potd. If he does get confirmed tonight (which I doubt; it will probably be followed up by an announcement that it'd be the final character revealed before launch).

saltybeach

Smash Journeyman
I really like what might be the final roster, but I hope for a little bit more. I think lots of people's hate just comes from the idea that not including certain characters just doesn't make sense.

DK not getting a new rep doesn't make sense. Ridley not getting in doesn't make sense. Fire Emblem having so many reps now doesn't make sense. etc. etc.

And while I don't agree with all of these points, some of them have some validity. It is not that I don't like the new roster, because I really do, its just not having certain characters makes no sense from an outsider perspective, and thus causes frustration. Most people take out this frustration in bashing the roster.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom