• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glaze_

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItsGlaze
3DS FC
2595-1893-0903
Hopefully Smash being the header on Nintendo.com has something of relevance that today we're getting something big.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
don't care about the leaks, the magic of a Wario reveal will never be completely gone.

WARIOWUESDAY... COMMENSE.

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
At this point, I'm really excited about what they do with custom moves. I want to learn more custom moves for each characters. After all, there is still tons of moves left unaccounted for. Assist trophies and new final smashes would also be good. Lastly more of those music tracks please. <3

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
POTD: Here's the severed head of the leaker on a platter as a friendly reminder to all Nintendo employees that those who do not wish to die a gruesome and painful death should never, ever leak anything as long as they live. Remember, kids, that leaks are serious business and those who dare to defy me will pay the ultimate price!

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping for a 'Warning! Challenger Approaches' screenshot.

"Pic of the day. This is what you'll see when you get challenged by a new character. Did you know that this instalment of Smash will have over 50 playable characters?"

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
So I'm going to bring up something that ISN'T about the leak if that's alright.

Do you guys think that the monster in the background here is significant at all?
I know it changes with difficulty, and it might just be a visual representation of how hard the game is going to get, but still, it has a pretty neat design.

Moderator Edit: Plese use a permanent link when posting the pic of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
This PoTD should be very interesting to say the least. Will Sakurai feel pressured to announce a newcomer trailer? Will he not care at all? Will he give us more filler? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

Last edited:

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
I can already see it.
"Pic of the day. Leak? What leak? Well, anyway, here's another look at the cat on the Living Room stage for the 3DS. Adorable, isn't it?

Beczam1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Beczam1290
3DS FC
1075-1410-3647
The picture will be nothing. There's never anything good on Tuesday.
Now watch there be a really good potd.
I'm sorry to be a bother, but does anyone know when those new music samples were uploaded to the site? Around the same time as pic o the day? I love the music a lot! I find myself listening to Bath Time and Multi-Man Smash a lot!
I call them the MOTD music of the day.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Pic of the day! It's the the Mushroomy Kingdom! I hope all these pipes get fixed soon. It's clear they are full of leaks.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm predicting an excellent PotD after yesterday. Plus, Nintendo definitely knows about the leak now, seeing as every game site has contacted them about it. I wonder if they'll counter somehow. Announce a Direct?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
What if Sakurai actually does address the leak in the PotD? I honestly think that would be a noble thing to do...maybe say that he's going to go ahead and show us the trailers for the leaked characters?
Hopefully he won't give us bad news if he does address it though.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
"Pic of the day. OKAY, SO, we're ganna delay the game again! And this time I'll do it all myself, cause I can't trust anyone anymore! Everyone's fired!"

I do feel really bad for Sakurai and the Smash Team... they wanted us to be surprised and plenty of people like me wanted to happily oblige and be surprised.

Anyway, again - anyone know when the music tracks were updated? Around the same time as the pic of the day or hours later...?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
"Pic of the day. OKAY, SO, we're ganna delay the game again! And this time I'll do it all myself, cause I can't trust anyone anymore! Everyone's fired!"

I do feel really bad for Sakurai and the Smash Team... they wanted us to be surprised and plenty of people like me wanted to happily oblige and be surprised.

Anyway, again - anyone know when the music tracks were updated? Around the same time as the pic of the day or hours later...?
I feel bad for him too, but he had an awesome run, to last this long. The leaks state that there isn't a newcomer trailer for everyone anyway.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I doubt he'd do anything to spite the community just because of this leak. I mean, you have to figure that SOME percentage of Sakurai's Miiverse followers don't know about this leak, so he would be remiss to essentially expose them to it.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I really wanted to be surprised too, but too many people on myfacebook and here told me about Wario so.. i had to give in.

HERES to a Great update and MS being the bigger man and not acknowledging it,

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I'm predicting an excellent PotD after yesterday. Plus, Nintendo definitely knows about the leak now, seeing as every game site has contacted them about it. I wonder if they'll counter somehow. Announce a Direct?
Well I've been expecting Sakurai to announce a character trailer for 2 weeks now. So after these leaks now is probably the best time to do so.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well I've been expecting Sakurai to announce a character trailer for 2 weeks now. So after these leaks now is probably the best time to do so.
Agreed. No he shouldn't acknowledge or directly confirm the leak, but he ought to try and drive hype back to the official source of information.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I'm 90 percent sure that Sakurai and Nintendo are just gonna roll on like nothing happened. I expect music, smash run, trophy info, or a standard funny Sakurai caption.

Ragel

Smash Apprentice
Honestly we should've had a trailer already before this could even have occured. I don't expect anything special though, probably a trophy or smash run stuff.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I wouldn't be surprised if we got Bowser Jr's Trophy or something similar. In-fact. I kind of expect it.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
"Pic of the day. You can find this statue of the youngest Koopaling in one of the stages. He's watching over the arena."

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
What's this about Magicant from Mother being a stage on 3DS? I don't see it on the official sites stage page and I don't recall it being shown in a potd. I'm gonna guess another ****ing leak or maybe one of those European pictures that are shown every now and then? Or is it just a theory of some sort?

D

Deleted member

I want Sakurai to acknowledge the leak and give us all the characters. But thats wishful thinking.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's this about Magicant from Mother being a stage on 3DS? I don't see it on the official sites stage page and I don't recall it being shown in a potd. I'm gonna guess another ****ing leak or maybe one of those European pictures that are shown every now and then? Or is it just a theory of some sort?
There is a pink stage in the leak

Since the leak is true people are now even more trying to figure out what it is

People are hoping it's magicant, which I'd LOVE.

But I don't think it actually is

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
The 3DS stage roster was leaked alongside the character select screen.

I made an analysis in the Social Thread, trying to forecast the possible Wii U stage roster. Magicant (or what is likely to be Magicant) is the pink stage in the rightmost column.

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
The 3DS stage roster was leaked alongside the character select screen.

I made an analysis in the Social Thread, trying to forecast the possible Wii U stage roster. Magicant (or what is likely to be Magicant) is the pink stage in the rightmost column.
Picture won't load but I'll believe you.

Maybe we'll be shown that stage or a similar pink stage today and put more nails in the coffin!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It would be funny if it was Magicant because I was the creator of the Magicant stage support thread in the Brawl days, when we had stage support threads

I'd love my (second) most wanted stage from back then to make it into smash (other than Bowser's castle)

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Picture won't load but I'll believe you.

Maybe we'll be shown that stage or a similar pink stage today and put more nails in the coffin!
Someone said the same thing earlier. I have just now went back to my post and fixed it. The image should be visible now.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I was so sure after the Robin reveal that we'd have the next Newcomer by now, or at the very least a General Nintendo Direct.

Seriously, Sakurai should probably have known something big would leak this close to release, and therefore should have shown off at least one more Newcomer by now. If I could go back in time and tell my July self that by the end of August there still hasn't been a Smash 3DS Direct, General Nintendo Direct, or Newcomer announcement, I'd call myself crazy. But who knows what goes on inside Sakurai's head.

I truly hope he has managed to keep some big secrets (ESRB only needs to see video footage of "controversial" content and quick clips of general gameplay, hence the seemingly missing 3-5 characters) and pulls off one or two more huge surprises.

As for tonight's pic, I fully believe it will completely ignore the leak.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Well okay, I'll just expect new music sometime close to today's pic. Which will be... a new alt for Fox maybe? With his dad's sunglasses on the new Wii U Starfox stage not mentioning the stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom