• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey_Contra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Casey_Contra
Awh, I liked the longer Classic mode. I think this might make it easier to unlock characters, which personally I don't like haha. I love a little challenge! Especially G&W and Mewtwo in Melee!

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Awh, I liked the longer Classic mode. I think this might make it easier to unlock characters, which personally I don't like haha. I love a little challenge! Especially G&W and Mewtwo in Melee!
Actually, this is a good point. I wonder how they'll handle unlocks via classic mode

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292

Looks like Kirby's going the pathway that has the Kremling trophy.

Does Kirby represent Sakurai and the Kremling represent K. Rool? Is his heading down the path towards the Kremling therefore symbolic of a K. Rool reveal later this week? Does the fact that this path is on the right mean that I'm right?

Lol.

Now for the first pic.

The gold on the bottom screen represents Wario. Notice the large amount of weight ;). Continuing on the theme of Kirby representing Sakurai, you can see Sakurai is being outweighed by demand for Wario. Perhaps, because that image was posted before the one on the bottom, we will first have Wario revealed to us and then K. Rool. Perhaps, as the images were posted closely between each other, Wario and K. Rool will be revealed closely between each other as well. In the same trailer? Is Wario after K. Rool's crown? Is this apart of the rumored villans trailer?

This is surprisingly fun.

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
The final Picture of the Day will be more redundant information with one of Sakurai's crack-pairings celebrating the launch of the game.
Sakurai admitting Palutena as his waifu and posts his Palutena figure collection?

R0Y

Smash Master
Can't always expect something of substance, especially if Sakurai is aware of the leak and it is legit. There goes Ness before the almost launch direct, etc. It's a tough spot for him.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Well wouldn't the pic of the days continue past the 3DS's release? There's still the Wii U version, of course.
Yes. He'd probably talk about things exclusive to the Wii U version, unlockables, etc. since we'd know as the 3DS version is out.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
More bosses sounds fun, maybe we'll have Giga Bowser and Mega Mewtwo X or Y in addition to some SSE bosses coming back. Still, kind of a lame update, 3DS menu shots are getting on my nerves. But at least we're almost near the end of those.

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Remember that time Mario was off stage and MK waited at the ledge for him to come back?

Me neither.
Maybe MK had a change of heart and wanted to give Mario a chance. Dominating tournaments since 08 would do that to a guy. =P

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED

Looks like Kirby's going the pathway that has the Kremling trophy.

Does Kirby represent Sakurai and the Kremling represent K. Rool? Is his heading down the path towards the Kremling therefore symbolic of a K. Rool reveal later this week? Does the fact that this path is on the right mean that I'm right?

Lol.

Now for the first pic.

The gold on the bottom screen represents Wario. Notice the large amount of weight ;). Continuing on the theme of Kirby representing Sakurai, you can see Sakurai is being outweighed by demand for Wario. Perhaps, because that image was posted before the one on the bottom, we will first have Wario revealed to us and then K. Rool. Perhaps, as the images were posted closely between each other, Wario and K. Rool will be revealed closely between each other as well. In the same trailer? Is Wario after K. Rool's crown? Is this apart of the rumored villans trailer?

This is surprisingly fun.
That's double the evil fat people! :O

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Maybe MK had a change of heart and wanted to give Mario a chance. Dominating tournaments since 08 would do that to a guy. =P
Pfft, not in this fanbase, it doesn't. XD

Anyway, I think this was a decent start to the week. Nothing massive, but it was good new info on 3DS's Classic Mode.

My question is this: Is the Wii U's Classic Mode like the old one, like the 3DS's or like something else altogether and entirely new?

Only time will tell. ¦(

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Ech. Glad I didn't join tonight's hype train. Info I already knew and assumed of before. Not a bad start to the week though. 14 more POTDs till Japan release.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Well, after two 3DS PotD's in a row, there's a good chance of a Wii U pic tomorrow.

And in almost all cases, Wii U PotD's are more interesting (and pretty to look at) than 3DS ones.

I have a feeling tomorrow's pic will be as exciting / debated as last Tuesday's pic (shorts and sports bra Zamus).

Maybe we'll finally get to see another Wii U stage boss besides Yellow Devil? (not Ridley of course though..) We still really don't know much at all about how Stage Bosses will work, and how many of them there will be in each version, so info on that should be coming soon.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Is it me, or does that tiny hand icon in the pic with Kirby in it seem similar to Crazy Hand's official Brawl artwork? I mean look closely, mirror it, and compare the 2 together.

Seems familiar, huh? I know it's likely just Master Hand using Crazy Hand's official brawl artwork, but it just seems like an interesting comparison.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Was it really Smash Run? Well that sucks...

I only see the pic on the website, though, is there more?

Edit: this is classic mode? Sorry, carry on.

Last edited:

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Is it me, or does that tiny hand icon in the pic with Kirby in it seem similar to Crazy Hand's official Brawl artwork? I mean look closely, mirror it, and compare the 2 together.

Seems familiar, huh? I know it's likely just Master Hand using Crazy Hand's official brawl artwork, but it just seems like an interesting comparison.
No, Master Hand is using his own Brawl artwork. His little finger and ring finger are more crooked in this one though.

...I flubbing love Master Hand and Crazy Hand. So many possibilities for headcanons and fanfictions. I picture these two as the Papa's of the Smashers~ *killed violently*

Staarih

Smash Master
I don't mind the shorter Classic Mode seeing as you get to be more personally involved this time by choosing the route you take. I think Sakurai is referring to Crazy Hand by his comment but I do like the idea of Tabuu appearing, maybe at max difficulty?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I could have sworn we already knew that classic was shorter this time.
Speculation from an earlier picture I believe, but it makes sense since it will be built on the idea that handhelds are played in short bursts and if you want it to be longer just play again. Also the people who are angry about it being "smash run" amuse me.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
No, Master Hand is using his own Brawl artwork. His little finger and ring finger are more crooked in this one though.

...I flubbing love Master Hand and Crazy Hand. So many possibilities for headcanons and fanfictions. I picture these two as the Papa's of the Smashers~ *killed violently*
Well, looks like I'm an idiot. This is what happens when I've been up for a while, and sorry. D:

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Well, we already knew almost everything showed today, except for the coins appearing in the map. We had already seen Master Hand, so it was obvious it would be the Classic Mode boss, as always. The interesting things today have been the fact that there might be more bosses (meaning Crazy Hand and even Tabuu could be back, which would be great, as I've always loved Tabuu) and the fact that Sakurai has showed that Kremling trophy again, thus further hinting our King showing up as a newcomer.

BELIEVE.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It would be quite interesting if at harder difficulties you would face Master and Crazy Hand at the seventh stage but once you beat them, you will also face Tabuu at a secret 8th stage. But yeah.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Crazy Hand never made any sense. If Master Hand is the right hand of the kid playing with the figures, his left hand should be holding the figures.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Crazy Hand never made any sense. If Master Hand is the right hand of the kid playing with the figures, his left hand should be holding the figures.
That depends if you consider Melee and Brawl to be a kid playing with the trophies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wouldn't he be using both hands anyway since he's making the figures fight?

One in each hand?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
God damnit man we're running out of trains! You can't just keep using them willy nilly every POTD!
We've got plenty of trains, that shouldn't be an issue. And when were not using these trains to hype, Alfonso take care of them.

Alfonso: Leave it to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom