• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Correction, This caption actually kinda makes you wonder.

Look how often he mentions gold.

That pile of treasure reminds me of something from........

WARIO LAND.........

Could this be the week. OMG. this hint is HUGE
Yeah

Just like How Wario was in the last Mario series game that focused on Gold

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
So it looks like there's only 5 battles before you get to Master Hand. Way shorter.
It seems that might be because you can choose your opponents.

At the juncture, Kirby can choose Pac-Man, a Mario character, or Mega Man (?) as his next match. If you select one, can you go back and do the other two?

It doesn't look to be the case. So it's actually 15 matches, and you get to pick which five you want to go against, depending on desired match-ups and possible rewards (e.g. trophy appearances). And then you face off against Master Hand.

I imagine it'll be like Star Fox 64, where you can take the same character and go through various routes in Classic Mode at every new run.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Well, it seems like the gold maxes out at around 1,000,000 according to the Japanese pic. Hinting Crazy Hand/Tabuu? Very sneaky Sakurai. Also, I believe that the Kremling Trophy on the map represents a reward for completing that stage, just like the gold coins on some of the other paths. Maybe its to make you pick between getting more gold from a level or getting another reward like a trophy, seems pretty neat.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Classic mode info eh? I'm fine with that. He's hinting at something other than Master Hand at higher difficulties. Wouldn't be surprised if it's Crazy Hand, but Sakurai could throw a curve ball. Who knows.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The Field's Scale is definitely inspired by Kid Icarus Uprising's Fiend's Cauldron. I'm okay with it.

Last edited:

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Probably becomes Crazy Hand, Master/Crazy Duo and Tabuu on higher difficulties. Sounds great

Shorter as well, which is nice.

Last edited:

DarnDraper

Smash Rookie
Looks like Sakurai is implying that there are other possible bosses besides Master Hand? Here's hoping for Crazy Hand and perhaps some other cool villains, maybe new ones.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
English:

"Pic of the day. In Classic mode, you challenge multiple stages en route to a climactic final battle. The more gold you put onto the Fiend's Scale, the harder the battles will be. In return, your rewards will get better and more abundant. The best way to earn gold fast is to win Classic battles on higher intensity."

"In Classic mode, you can choose your next challenge on the route map. Looks like Master Hand is waiting at the end, but perhaps something might change if you raise the intensity…?!"

Something might change, eh? Normally, I'd think he was just talking about Crazy Hand showing up too, but part of me really wants there to be a new Smash Original boss. <3

I can dream~

Morbi

Scavenger
wait.... is this first confirmation of master hand?
Master Hand's confirmation shocked me so much tonight, almost as much as Captain Falcon's return, I thought he was cut for sure! I never envisioned that a staple of the franchise would return... good thing we have a confirmation on this.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
Hopefully this is on-topic...

What do you all think the final POTD will be?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hopefully this is on-topic...

What do you all think the final POTD will be?
You must recover

After an enemy sends you flying really far, it seems like all that’s left is for you to fall.
But you must never give up hope!

You’ve been blasted! Just aim for solid ground!

This is when you use your midair jump!

Then your Up Special Move to rise up!

Whoa. Safe at last.

If recovering is a technique, then there must also be techniques to guard against recovery. Fierce aerial battles often rule the match!

Last edited:

UnownLegend

Smash Apprentice
NNID
UnownLegend
I have trouble reconciling the amazing presentation in screens like this with a certain supposed leaked css. They really do not seem to be created by the same person

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
So it looks like there's only 5 battles before you get to Master Hand. Way shorter.
I'm thinking that's like the the second half of the path and he's already dealt with the first half. Notice the green dot at the forefront. That's probably a checkpoint of sorts, or something to indicate a branching path.

Also, looks like Sakurai hints at Crazy Hand on the second caption.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
I think the reason there's so few matches to reach Master hand now is because there's so many characters in the game now, and beating the game with every character was already a slog in Brawl.

Also, we already knew about this but damn those scales. I liked Uprising a lot but I hated the difficulty system. One of the few times I wish Sakurai didn't borrow from his other games so much.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I'm thinking that's like the the second half of the path and he's already dealt with the first half. Notice the green dot at the forefront. That's probably a checkpoint of sorts, or something to indicate a branching path.

Also, looks like Sakurai hints at Crazy Hand on the second caption.
I could have sworn we already knew that classic was shorter this time.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
We know Wario's in. I want him to have a triumphant reveal before we "know-know" he's in. Hurry up Samurai

"Fiend's Scale" - Oh, so it's Sakurai's?

I wonder what he was getting at with Master Hand. Maybe he was referring to Crazy Hand also appearing, but the difficulty is already on 7 out of 9 and you would think Crazy Hand would be around at a middling 5.0 like in the previous games. Maybe MH becomes a different boss altogether.

Edit - Also love the fewer stages per run. That ought to make it more bearable.

Last edited:

Doc.Pringles

Smash Cadet
yup. And with this info (or lack thereof), I'm done staying up for POTD. If something major gets revealed, a news outlet will let me know.

We're getting quite limited on POTD opportunities now, which makes me a little uneasy about just how much more there is to reveal. Hopefully Sakurai is planning a bombshell at launch..

"Fiend's Scale" - Oh, so it's Sakurai's?

I wonder what he was getting at with Master Hand. Maybe he was referring to Crazy Hand also appearing, but the difficulty is already on 7 out of 9 and you would think Crazy Hand would be around at a middling 5.0 like in the previous games. Maybe MH becomes a different boss altogether.
Honestly, I don't think it'll be crazy hand, but rather the ghostly silhouette in the backdrop of the first picture. Just a thought

Last edited:

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'd love for Tabuu to be a POTD, I honestly thought he was a pretty cool character and I hope he returns.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Well wouldn't the pic of the days continue past the 3DS's release? There's still the Wii U version, of course.

Soul.

Classic Mode? Cool, I guess.
Maybe the change will be the Crazy Hand and Master Hand fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom