• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I think it'd be nice if Sakurai mentioned my name in one of the remaining updates.

I've been a devoted follower of these pics for months. Some recognition and appreciation would be welcome.
This is the closest that you will ever get. Maybe, just maybe, if you are lucky, he will throw in some outdated Rosalina information.

"Today is the 15th Anniversary of the launch of the first Super Smash Bros. There may be some players out there who played it on the Nintendo 64 as kids that have grown into adults."

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I think it'd be nice if Sakurai mentioned my name in one of the remaining updates.

I've been a devoted follower of these pics for months. Some recognition and appreciation would be welcome.
"Pic of the day. Hi Sehnsucht. You happy now?"

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
My biggest fear:

"Here is the trophy for Bandana Dee! He serves closely to King Dedede, he follows him everywhere! Maybe on the battlefield?"

Pic 2:

"King Dedede's custom side special move allows him to summon Bandana Dee! However he is easily KO'd, but packs a punch!"

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I want my Ice Climbers :cry:.

.n_n.
:cry: I want my Ice Climbers reboot game, Ice Climbers: Uprising. Where Nana becomes total waifu material, 20 new awesome characters debut, and Popo has to face Dark Popo. Or Popoo.

Espio264

Smash Ace
Nightmare
Bikini babes
Treasure chests
Ghirahim

Logical progression, tonight's pic will be... Pretty Disturbing.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Hopefully the PotD will go overdue and we'll have another Meta Knight situation. At my place it's morning, so I have all the time in the world anyways.

IronFish

Smash Ace
My biggest fear:

"Here is the trophy for Bandana Dee! He serves closely to King Dedede, he follows him everywhere! Maybe on the battlefield?"

Pic 2:

"King Dedede's custom side special move allows him to summon Bandana Dee! However he is easily KO'd, but packs a punch!"
don't even put that out there

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That was...annoying to understand.

First time an explanation made to be simple actually made it harder.

Anyway, I guess what you imply is that he made a program to optimise that right?
I'm explaining the process a web browser takes to fulfill web requests. When you do something "manually" (a web browser is an automated means of accessing web servers) you can skip a lot of superfluous things, when your purpose is only just to know whether or not something's different, not the image itself. Getting any "object" takes significantly more steps, which requires multiple backwards and forwards messaging between yourself and the server, each message takes time to deliver.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Last edited:

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Generally late ones are something bigger. A whole new page and links have to be constructed, with multiple pics, as opposed to a simple single picture.

It's not an unreasonable assumption.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I'm explaining the process a web browser takes to fulfill web requests. When you do something "manually" (a web browser is an automatic means of accessing web servers) you can skip a lot of superfluous things, when your purpose is only just to know whether or not something's different, not the image itself.
Oh so instead of doing the full request and get the whole file, it would just check the header and tell when there's a mismatch comparing to the previous one.

I think header would be the metadata here if I got it correctly.

Morbi

Scavenger
Generally late ones are something bigger. A whole new page and links have to be constructed, with multiple pics, as opposed to a simple single picture.

It's not an unreasonable assumption.
Please take your optimism elsewhere, thank you. Here, at the Miiverse Daily Pic Thread, we always bet against relevant updates. It is the norm to predict "filler" and leave it at that. You are cramping our style, man.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
I'm predicting we are going to hear about the direct or reveal trailer. My only reasoning is it has been too long and it is also a Friday. Oops, I meant to say that my second cousin works at Nintendo or something.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
I'm predicting we are going to hear about the direct or reveal trailer. My only reasoning is it has been too long and it is also a Friday. Oops, I meant to say that my second cousin works at Nintendo or something.
Ericomatsu confirmed

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
If another hour passes and the pic still isn't posted, only then will I be actually shocked.

And legitimately worried.

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Oh man, I hope whatever it is disproves the link, and Sakurai's just all cocky about it.

Pic of the Day
"I defeated Gematsu, what made you think you had a chance? Ice Climbers, go!"

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Alright, it's officially past 3 AM ESt, so the PotD is officially late!

Which means great things are bound to happen, right?

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
I feel lucky when it comes to pic of the day everyone else has to stay up so late and here here its 5pm haha.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I hope we get a pic of Mr. Saturn's nose.
Just so sakurai can say something witty about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom