• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
One time, we got a PotD really late, and it was Fox's finishing move with his jabs and the other late one was Zelda's side special.
Anyone remember that?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I'm hoping it's late because he's either updating the Music section of the site, revealing a character or announcing a newcomer trailer for next Monday.

Sometimes when it's late, it's just filler. And not good filler either.

What? I'm a spoilt brat.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I predict something 3DS related that we probably already knew about in some way or another. Friday's lately have been nothing but 3DS. I hope I'm proven wrong by the time I finish typing this...

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
I will be so happy if we got any veteran or newcomer that is on the leak.

Last edited:

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Some guy at my work today was asking for melee (I work at a store that sells retro games) and I was like we don't have it at the moment. The I asked him if he was excited for smash bros wii u and he scoffed!

I hate him!

(Off topic passing time)
I hate him too

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
I've honestly been hoping for Dark Pitt, so I'd be fine with that. It's been too long since we got a newcomer, and DP would be (pause for effect)...hypenificent.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Some guy at my work today was asking for melee (I work at a store that sells retro games) and I was like we don't have it at the moment. The I asked him if he was excited for smash bros wii u and he scoffed!

I hate him!

(Off topic passing time)
Yeah, I hate competitive elitists as much as I hate casual elitists. I think Smash 4 is going to be a great game, even if it isn't the best competitive fighter, (though I'm pretty damn sure it'll actually be at least a good one.)

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Requirements to unlock: Must beat Smash crawl.
But here's the catch: you can only play this mode with samus :troll:

Miiverse jokes aside, it's not that much late and I might even say it's normal time.

It's 2:36 AM EST. Late starts at 3:00 AM EST. 3:15 is average late, but after 3:30 is really rare to be that late. In fact, the last was MK reveal.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I forget about the things I want in Smash Bros until they appear in a Pic of The Day.

Morbi

Scavenger
I've honestly been hoping for Dark Pitt, so I'd be fine with that. It's been too long since we got a newcomer, and DP would be (pause for effect)...hypenificent.
Trust me, I agree with the sentiment that Dark Pit would be the most (pause)... hypenificent. However, newcomers are usually not revealed during the PoTD. Dark Pit is so special and awesome that they would probably have a trailer for him!

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
I want to clarify that we're a half hour away from the actual time the pic comes out, 4pm Japan Time (3am EST for me).

We're not even sort of late, but they started doing them early (going back to the time it was for us during Fall/Winter), and it's been SUPER early the past two weeks.

It's not actually 'late' until over an hour from now.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
A lot of people on Smashboards have a tendency to completely miss the joke ahaha
Back on track, all I hope is something new, not new info on something previously shown, but something that I haven't seen at all

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Everyone is falling for that fake Falco pic. But here is the real Smash 4 fFalco

Source: My dad works at Sakurai.

Yes I'm very bored.
JESUS, don't give me a heart attack like that, man! Who are these people who have so much time as to make these ridiculously high quality fakes?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
enough posts.format
Trust me, I agree with the sentiment that Dark Pit would be the most (pause)... hypenificent. However, newcomers are usually not revealed during the PoTD. Dark Pit is so special and awesome that they would probably have a trailer for him!
iseewhatyoudidthere.png

Morbi

Scavenger
I am going to change my prediction and speculate in favor of a Ganondorf reveal, why not? There is a pattern and no one has "bandwagoned" the pattern, allow me to be the first.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Though the wait may be long, my heart is strong. My dream, no, the dream of my comrades must birth. A character reveal is imminent.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Assuming between anywhere in North America, Japan would be sub 150ms, little to do with his internet speed. The amount of "data" that comes from these requests is so minimal (like I'm talking BYTES here, a gigabyte is 1099511627776 of those and even dial up has over 5000 bytes a second bandwidth), you aren't loading the web page itself or the images of it, you're just getting an 8 byte number that corresponds to the seconds since THE WORLD BEGAN (1970).
I was saying this because I had to wait like 5-10 seconds of hard refresh of just the jpg url at 6mbps and with 20, it's 1-2 seconds.

So, if he wants to be quick, why the speed doesn't matter in bandwith?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Wow, still no PoTD? I guess it's back to Kirby Super Star...

Maybe Sakurai is telling me that I need to defeat Marx before it can be posted!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Duck Hunt Dog in coming please.
I very much doubt that a newcomer would come randomly without any fanfare.
The best we can hope for (realistically) is a veteran, stage, custom move, item, or that Beyblade-looking mode they haven't revealed yet.

Nielicus

Smash Lord
JESUS, don't give me a heart attack like that, man! Who are these people who have so much time as to make these ridiculously high quality fakes?
It's obviously fake duh, wtf, the 9,000th pixel is light deep green instead of deep green

OK someone text me when the potd is out...

Last edited:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace

Made by yours truly. (works best for EST people LAWL)

THE WAIT WILL BE LONG!!! > : (

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I very much doubt that a newcomer would come randomly without any fanfare.
The best we can hope for (realistically) is a veteran, stage, custom move, item, or that Beyblade-looking mode they haven't revealed yet.
Don't kill my dreams because yours died long ago.

I want to believe.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Oh snap. I forgot its Falco Friday. Good thing I'm all set.

Hands off my bread...

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Fanboys: What insubordination is this tardiness?! I thought the Japanese people were characteristically punctual! UNACCEPTIBLE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom