• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashAdr

Smash Apprentice
No fakes
Mod edit: No obviously fake/troll updates.

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, late pic. Shall be interesting. Last time it was noticably late, we got MetaKnight and a Site Update. Late doesn't mean good, but it does raise hype, I must admit.

@ SmashAdr SmashAdr
Pretty sure trolling is against the rules, no?

Last edited:

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping we finally get some Star Fox information. Maybe a new assist or some info on the Wii U stage.
(Or maybe Falco)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well, what do you think we will get? C:
An infraction.

Already posted earlier.

I'm thinking something moveset/character-specific gameplay element to finish out this otherwise pretty solid week.
I also think no matter what it is, people will complain about disappointment/how Sakurai should be stepping it up with less 25 updates left

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Wasn't it super late a couple of weeks ago too, which ended up revealing the Gameboy stage?
Yeah but it's the final count down and we have way more hype now then we did then.

So... ya know, its a character I can feel it in my bones.

Chase

Smash Ace
Welp, looks like I'm pulling an all-nighter for this pic. Better be worth it! Right? Right? Right?

I will be exhausted from happiness when I see Wario in his plumber's outfit as his render.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Re: HE MASHES CTRL+F5 LIKE A SUPR WIZCHARIRARD

I've explained this before, so I'll say it again, but slightly differently.

HTTP is a protocol (that's what the P stands for), the protocol includes a metric ton of communication 'commands' that comes along with requests to any web service, many providing meta data (cookies are all done through 'meta data' commands). This meta data includes things such as LAST EDITED and the amount of data that ping takes is quite minimal, and you can send this "ping" for a webpage's meta data indefinitely until it suddenly changes, and then VOILA, you have the pic of the day.

Every time you use a web browser, it does all that pinging/meta data checking for you in a way that is mostly hidden to the end-user. Browser's will ask for meta data for a webpage and choose to load things from the cache rather than re-fulfilling the request with the web server if you already have the latest version.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Given the leak and a possible veteran tonight, this song is fitting....

This is the moment!
This is the day,
When I send all my doubts and demons
On their way!

Every endeavor,
I have made - ever -
Is coming into play,
Is here and now - today!

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Would be funny if it turned out to be Falco anyway. A character will probably confirm or debunk that recent leak regardless of who it is though.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

HTTP is a protocol (that's what the P stands for), the protocol includes a metric ton of communication 'commands' that comes along with requests to any web service. This meta data includes things such as LAST EDITED and the amount of data that ping takes is quite minimal, and you can send this "ping" for a webpage's meta data indefinitely until it suddenly changes, and then VOILA, you have the pic of the day.

Every time you use a web browser, it does all that pinging/meta data checking for you in a way that is mostly hidden to the end-user. Browser's will ask for meta data for a webpage and choose to load things from the cache rather than re-fulfilling the request with the web server if you already have the latest version.
Oh those are metadata?

I didn't know that cache worked that way.

Still, I wonder about his internet speed.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer

HTTP is a protocol (that's what the P stands for), the protocol includes a metric ton of communication 'commands' that comes along with requests to any web service. This meta data includes things such as LAST EDITED and the amount of data that ping takes is quite minimal, and you can send this "ping" for a webpage's meta data indefinitely until it suddenly changes, and then VOILA, you have the pic of the day.

2Technical4Me

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
I actually don't mind what the PotD is, even if it's filler. I'm just happy that they're being posted for us to enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom