• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Wow, still no PoTD? I guess it's back to Kirby Super Star...

Maybe Sakurai is telling me that I need to defeat Marx before it can be posted!
Hurry it up, we do not have all night.

I getting bored of waiting! mrgrgr!!! (if you get the reference have a cookie)
I liked this post to imply that I understood the reference that I did not understand.

I very much doubt that a newcomer would come randomly without any fanfare.
The best we can hope for (realistically) is a veteran, stage, custom move, item, or that Beyblade-looking mode they haven't revealed yet.
Or a veteran reveal on a new stage using a different custom move with a new item in the foreground during the new Beyblade-looking mode if we did not want to be realistic.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I was saying this because I had to wait like 5-10 seconds of hard refresh of just the jpg url at 6mbps and with 20, it's 1-2 seconds.

So, if he wants to be quick, why the speed doesn't matter in bandwith?
Because a hard refresh does multiple things.
"Sends out a request for the thing's meta data"
*waits for it to return* > You're also looking for a dns request for the website you're trying to load (also very time consuming), while you can have a program just directly send messages to an IP address.

"okay, i definitely want what's here, no matter what, let's start shaking hands*
*waits for web server to raise their hand; oh what's that, webservers queue requests from similar IPs to avoid immediate effects of a single DoS attempt*

"OKAY, NOW WE'RE SHAKING HANDS, GIVE ME THE IMAGE"
*okay, but I'm likely still querying data to other people as web services prioritise meta pings over direct connection requests*
"HOORAY, ITS THE SAME IMAGE AS BEFORE"

Guess what a program does?

Just the first two. It's sending out a single message and waiting for it's return. Protocols, like bureaucracy take time when done at "end-user" level, gotta be a red-tape cutter~

Last edited:

Ehn Jolly

Smash Journeyman
Trust me, I agree with the sentiment that Dark Pit would be the most (pause)... hypenificent. However, newcomers are usually not revealed during the PoTD. Dark Pit is so special and awesome that they would probably have a trailer for him!
I know that I want a BIG reveal for Pittoo, and I don't want him to be a clone, but we COULD have a video...maybe...please?

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces

Made by yours truly. (works best for EST people LAWL)

THE WAIT WILL BE LONG!!! > : (
The first picture in a while that legitimately had me burst out loud laughing. Well done. I hope you don't mind if I repost this on another site.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather a revamped Ganondorf be revealed in a Villains Trailer alongside Wario and Ridley.

For tonight, I predict Falco. #FalcoFriday

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Funny enough, the one night I gave up waiting for the POTD...

It was Meta Knight.

Last edited:

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
The first picture in a while that legitimately had me burst out loud laughing. Well done. I hope you don't mind if I repost this on another site.
I nearly fell out of my chair laughing. Thank you, truly.
Thank you, Thank you.

I'm proud of myself. Do what you will. Give credit if you want. (Oh and Pm me that site if you're going to, want to see them reactions lawl. ( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°) )

Morbi

Scavenger
I'd rather a revamped Ganondorf be revealed in a Villains Trailer alongside Wario and Ridley.

For tonight, I predict Falco. #FalcoFriday
I'd rather a non-revamped Ganondorf be revealed right now for the PoTD alongside no one.

For tonight, I predict Ganondorf. #GanonFriday

The King of Darkness cares little for your alliteration.

BugDoctor

Smash Apprentice
We've had relatively early PotD's all week. This is starting to seem like a larger update, like when Meta Knight was shown and the site was updated with all those extra pages with stage info, etc.

Hoping for something cool tonight!!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
*waits for it to return* > You're also looking for a dns request for the website you're trying to load (also very time consuming), while you can have a program just directly send messages to an IP address.
"okay, i definitely want what's here, no matter what, let's start shaking hands*
*waits for web server to raise their hand; oh what's that, webservers queue requests from similar IPs to avoid immediate effects of a single DoS attempt*
*okay, but I'm likely still querying data to other people as web services prioritise meta pings over direct connection requests*

Just the first two. It's sending out a single message and waiting for it's return. Protocols, like bureaucracy take time.

Thanks for that. That's the first time someone explained it in a way I understood. Sadly.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I think it'd be nice if Sakurai mentioned my name in one of the remaining updates.

I've been a devoted follower of these pics for months. Some recognition and appreciation would be welcome.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Look at the bright side guys; a late Friday PotD means less time we have to wait over the weekend for the next one!

PirateHaxx

Smash Cadet
Worse part is im tired, but already waited over an hour. So mighy as well go all the way through....Grrrrrrr

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Just the first two. It's sending out a single message and waiting for it's return. Protocols, like bureaucracy take time.
That was...annoying to understand.

First time an explanation made to be simple actually made it harder.

Anyway, I guess what you imply is that he made a program to optimise that right?

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Haste makes waste. Maybe Sakurai really does have something nice for us in store.

What am I saying?! What this PotD will hold is monumental, earth shattering! It will bring about the rise and fall of nations everywhere!

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
:D Can we expect a release date for the Wii U version?

Nope. Probably more 3DS stuff like all the Fridays in the past month...

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Sakurai caught wind of the leaks and is now adjusting the regularly scheduled pic of the day he had in store...

Since so many characters are getting alts of the opposite sex, maybe we'll see Mistress Hand tonight.

I think it'd be nice if Sakurai mentioned my name in one of the remaining updates.

I've been a devoted follower of these pics for months. Some recognition and appreciation would be welcome.
"Pic of the day. Thank you, Sehnsucht, for your devotion to my weekday updates as well as for your eerie tastes in user avatar."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom