• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
This right here literally looks like it was doodled on with MS Paint.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I'm okay with this. I wasn't expecting a reveal, it's still cool to know Mega Man's customizable moves.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
(People are expecting Ganondorf when we JUST got Meta Knight yesterday? Seriously?)

Neat pic though.

juddy96

Smash Lord
Pic of the day. Here's Beat! And Plant Barrier!! These are some of Mega Man's custom special moves. You might also be able to use some signature boss-like moves from the Mega Man series, too.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
"Pic of the day. Here's Beat! And Plant Barrier!! These are some of Mega Man's custom special moves. You might also be able to use some signature boss-like moves from the Mega Man series, too."

Dat Beat tho.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
How can Friday's pic top Wednesday. I mean we got a vet on Wednesday. Megaman's customs looks really cool.

LaughingLuigi

Smash Apprentice
Pic of the day. Here's Beat! And Plant Barrier!! These are some of Mega Man's custom special moves. You might also be able to use some signature boss-like moves from the Mega Man series, too.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068

"Pic of the day. Here's Beat! And Plant Barrier!! These are some of Mega Man's custom special moves. You might also be able to use some signature boss-like moves from the Mega Man series, too."

{edit} I got destroyed by everybody.

Last edited:

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609
Oh well, I'll just foolishly hype Ganon up tomorrow. :ganondorf:

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Edit::4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Well, if there's no Ganondorf tomorrow, I'll actually be able to relax for awhile since I won't expect him until a trailer or post-release.

(People are expecting Ganondorf when we JUST got Meta Knight yesterday? Seriously?)

Neat pic though.
I may have skimmed over some posts, but I don't think people were really expecting Ganondorf. More so, just wanting to see him.

Welp, saw the PotD and took note of the caption. Guess I'm done here for the night.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Don't really care for Mega Man. So this PoTD probably means more to others than it does to me. I don't get the references so..yea. lol.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I do hope whatever the pic is, it appears early like the first two days. I'll expect an alternate costume for Shiek or Zelda based on Hyrule Warriors, since those designs look better than Link's. Not to say Link's is bad, I just like the others more. We could see Ganondorf I guess, anythings possible - especially with one month left, but seeing as we just got a veteran and he's usually a secret character I'm a little skeptical.

We've got about 3 Starter Veterans left - Wario, Ice Climbers, and a Mother Kid. Then with the rest of the veterans: Ganondorf,

Oh hey, MegaMan custom moves! Cool. Beat looks neat and the plant barrier thing...honestly kinda looks...ugly. Oh well, nice update.

I'm also ganna go with what I've been saying for...like, 2 weeks or more now, but tomorrow: some update, maybe a stage or assist trophy, then Smash Direct Announcement.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Beat as a custom special move makes me very happy. Based on what we have seen so far, the custom special moves(save maybe Mario's, they are mostly meh) might be my favorite new thing in this game.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
And no explanation to what they do, goody.

Yo Sakurai! A Direct would be reeeeeal nice some time soon. Preferably one with a Smash trailer with a newcomer and maybe a vet or two? Let us empty that barrel you said we were scrapping the bottom of hmm?

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Beat? Roll's car in Battle and Chase resembled it. Kaze yo tsutaete appeared in Battla and Chase.

Kaze Yo Tsutaete confirmed1/straw grasping

Roll's theme better be in the game.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
HD Beat > Ganondorf. I don't even care.

Can Otto be Megaman's third UpB please? Or maybe Roll can toss him up high with her broom?

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
Still have the American HW release date like with Diddy. Good to know that not all custom moves are altered versions of the original

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Still have the American HW release date like with Diddy. Good to know that not all custom moves are altered versions of the original
The 3DS version would already be released in Japan by the time Hyrule Warriors hit shelves here.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that was early. Anyway, it's good to see that at least some of Mega Man's custom moves are different moves from his series that function similar to the original move.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93

Beat technically is an altered Rush Coil. Megaman's pose there is the same as when he is going up from the Rush bounce. It's not like the Miis or Palutena where each custom move carries its own set of animations for the character.

Beat just likely grants Rock a slower, but more controllable recovery. Basically Snake's Cypher, but with infinitely more adorable.

Jaden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jadenthemerle
3DS FC
2664-2123-0479
Suddenly a whole world of Mega Man related custom moves has opened up. Jewel Satellite for the other custom down special please.

I've always thought that Mega Man and Kirby should've been the poster children for custom moves. Glad that Mega Man is getting the custom moves he deserves, now let's see if Kirby does as well.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I guess the bird just carries him I guess. I guess you control it the same way you control olimar and villagers recovery.

And the plant has lost me. Anyone have an idea on what it does?
Plant Barrier is the weapon from Megaman 6's Plant Man

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
lmao didn't realize the pic was up so early again.

Cool stuff.

Last edited:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Since Beat confirms that custom moves can flat out replace models from the original Special moves, the possibilities have really expanded.

I want to see Amy be one of Sonic's custom UpBs now. She can smack him up high with her Piko Piko Hammer like she does in Generations and Sonic Advance 3, and Sonic's spring pose wouldn't have to be replaced for it.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I doubt we'll be seeing Ganondorf on this Friday because 1. He should've revealed on his game's release date (which he JUST missed) and 2. It's too close to Meta Knight's reveal which was 2 days ago.

It'd be considered too many if we'll also be seeing character reveal in bi-monthly Nintendo Direct this month and/or Ness reveal for his Mother 2's 20th anniversary.

There never been 3 characters revealed on different days in the same month, ever.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Wow, such an early picture. I hope he's able to shoot while using Beat like in Super Smash Flash.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Leaf Shield was really slow in the demo; I wonder what the functional difference is for Plant Barrier. If it's more of an effective barrier, that would be great for Mega Man. On the other hand, Rush Coil is already pretty great; Beat will have to be fantastic to be worth it. I am more than happy with custom special updates, but I really wish we had gotten more about how they actually work...

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
This basically confirms Shadow Blade to make an appearance. Possibly Wheel Cutter too...

I'm so glad these were added instead of tweaking his current specials.

EDIT: Maybe we'll get Item-1 as an up-special too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom