• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I doubt we'll be seeing Ganondorf on this Friday because 1. He should've revealed on his game's release date (which he JUST missed) and 2. It's too close to Meta Knight's reveal which was 2 days ago.

It'd be considered too many if we'll also be seeing character reveal in bi-monthly Nintendo Direct this month and/or Ness reveal for his Mother 2's 20th anniversary.

There never been 3 characters revealed on different days in the same month, ever.
Well this is the last month....Sakurai has to get these characters out.

Shroob

Sup?
People honestly expected Ganondorf when Sakurai has never had a reveal tie-in for a Spin-Off game?

Regardless, this is cool info.

Omniomega

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...after seeing this I now believe that either the side or neutral b customs will be the mega ball

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm gonna cry feminist if there's no love for Splash Woman.

(People are expecting Ganondorf when we JUST got Meta Knight yesterday? Seriously?)
I wouldn't rule it out. The game comes out in less than a month.

Heck, back in Brawl days we got PT and Peach in the same week, followed by DIddy in no less than 5 days.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Well this is the last month....Sakurai has to get these characters out.
If you mean Sakurai was going to reveal all characters then it should be done on the same day (I.E. showcasing all in August's Nintendo Direct like Nintendo did with Mario Kart 8's entire roster in April?/May? 2014), then I agree, I can see it happening.

Last edited:

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
I've said it before, and I still think it's true.

One of the most important things, if not THE most important thing Sakurai needs to do with custom moves is allow us to quickly choose them on the character select screen. At least in the wii u version anyway.

Not only is this important for competitive tournament play, but it would be great for just casual play with friends too.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sweet. It's going to be interesting to see how they differentiate this from Leaf Shield. Personally I was betting on the Junk Shield (MM7) and the Water Shield (MM10).

Anyway as it is customary, here's my favorite version of Plant Man's Theme:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
HD Beat > Ganondorf. I don't even care.

Can Otto be Megaman's third UpB please? Or maybe Roll can toss him up high with her broom?
It's going to be Item 1 from Megaman 2 I bet. This is awesome, fantastic update. I KNOW Ganondorf will be in the game, I wasn't sure that Megaman would have different Robot Master abilities and items as his custom moves. Now I know, and all is right with the world.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If you mean Sakurai was going to reveal all characters then it should be done on the same day (I.E. showcasing all in August's Nintendo Direct like Nintendo did with Mario Kart 8's entire roster in April?/May? 2014), then I agree, I can see it happening.
I believe we will get at most....two trailers that will end up giving us the complete cast before it's released in Japan.
Whether or not they're shown off at different times or in one big Smash Direct...is beyond me.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if you'll be able to shoot when you're flying with Beat like in SSF2. That would be fun to harass computer players who don't know how to properly react to it.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Mega Man SSF2 Up Special confirmed for Smash 4! I wonder if you can fire off Mega Buster shots while Beat carries you...

Also, I don't get why people weren't more hype for Meta Knight. Seriously that distortion effect on all of his sword moves is just beautiful, if a little excessive.

Meta Knight honestly sort of looks like he doesn't fit in. The rest of the cast is all bright colours now and then there's Meta Knight here with like HD Brawl textures and battle damage trying to be sharper than Shadow the Edgehog.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mega Man SSF2 Up Special confirmed for Smash 4! I wonder if you can fire off Mega Buster shots while Beat carries you...

Also, I don't get why people weren't more hype for Meta Knight. Seriously that distortion effect on all of his sword moves is just beautiful, if a little excessive.

Meta Knight honestly sort of looks like he doesn't fit in. The rest of the cast is all bright colours now and then there's Meta Knight here with like HD Brawl textures and battle damage trying to be sharper than Shadow the Edgehog.
....wasn't "MORE" hype?
Dude...Smashboards literally crashed from the hype once he was announced. Meta Knight had more then enough hype to justify his return.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
....wasn't "MORE" hype?
Dude...Smashboards literally crashed from the hype once he was announced. Meta Knight had more then enough hype to justify his return.
No, I mean afterwards everyone is all like "lol it's just Meta Knight we knew he'd be in obviously". Dude, he's so badace his sword swings distort reality itself. In a game where everyone's designs look like Smash 64 HD, all bright cheerful colours and whatnot, Meta Knight is clearly not done with photorealistic Brawl textures. You see that face? That is very definitely not the face of mercy.

*Goes on Chuck Norris Facts-style rant, with all instances of Chuck Norris replaced with Meta Knight.*

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Yeeeeeessssss. Yes yes yes yes yes. One of the big things I was hoping for was that Megaman's custom moves would be different robot master moves. It make perfect sense since a whole lot of the moves are just variations of a single theme, and the more weapons represented the better. Also stoked to see Beat! I'm guessing either the last UP B is item 1, or they find some way to make Tango work.

Also we got another weapon from Megaman 6 (plant barrier), which is my favorite Megaman game! Represent!

Suddenly a whole world of Mega Man related custom moves has opened up. Jewel Satellite for the other custom down special please.

I've always thought that Mega Man and Kirby should've been the poster children for custom moves. Glad that Mega Man is getting the custom moves he deserves, now let's see if Kirby does as well.
The smash direct showed that one of Kirby's neutral B customs is his Ice power, so things are looking good so far. I'm hoping all of his custom specials will be different Kirby powers, but we'll see.

OK nice. What affects could it differ from the original?
The main difference between leaf shield and plant barrier in their native games is that you can shoot out the leaf shield as a projectile, while you can't shoot out the plant shield(not in Megaman 6 anyway. You can in the arcade games). So I'm guessing that in Smash you can't shoot the plant barrier like you can the leaf shield, and it has some sort of other buff to compensate.

The plant barrier's claim to fame that sets it apart from the other many, many barrier weapons in Megaman is that it's the only one that goes right through enemy shields, though that's something that most people don't even notice and I'm not sure if it's something Sakurai would incorporate.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Cut man's blade BETTER be a custom move

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Oh... my. This was the least of what I expected. I'm definitely using Beat instead of Rush Coil. :D

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Maybe some other characters will have similar treatment to that, which is why we haven't seen other custom specials from certain characters yet. I'm more excited about the possibilities.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Pretty filler to be honest, personally I don't feel like we need PotDs just showing custom moves, we can discover that playing the game. But I'm not gonna complain too much since we got a veteran yesterday.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Pretty filler to be honest, personally I don't feel like we need PotDs just showing custom moves, we can discover that playing the game.
We can discover literally everything that a PotD would show by playing the game. :p

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Hahahahha....prepare yourself for the Snake fanboi hate train...
Why are you and @ Nintendotard Nintendotard making such sweeping generalizations about the Solid Snake fan-base? All these insults amount to is an unprovoked attack that is completely unnecessary. Nothing good will come out of all of us making fun of each other.

Last edited:
NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
That Plant Barrier looks awful, but Beat looks great!
Glad to see some custom moves have more unique features rather than being bigger and stronger or smaller and faster.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I shouldn't read the updates early in the morning. The caption loaded before the picture for me, so I initially read Beat as the character from The World Ends with You, so then I was horribly confused by what it meant by Plant Barrier until I got to the Mega Man custom moves part. Beat didn't really make sense from TWEWY, but since Raymany got a trophy, I'd love for TWEWY to get some form of representation too (even though it's unbelievably unlikely).

It would have been nice to get a description of exactly how the moves work, but it's nice to know Mega Man has some larger visual changes for some of his custom moves.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
SSB4 confirmed to steal ideas from Super Smash Flash 2.
This is a good update, glad to know Megaman has a different attack, gives me hope for Shulk to have custom moves for other arts too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom